Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the seniors in Missouri's projected 2-deep for the coming year:

Quarterback
R-SR Kelly Bryant
Running Back
SR Damarea Keener-Crockett (5-11, 225-pounds)
Wide Receiver
R-SR Alex Ofodile (6-2, 200-pounds)
R-SR Jonathon Nance (6-0, 190-pounds)
R-SR Johnathon Johnson (5-10, 180-pounds)
Left tackle
SR Yasir Durant (6-7, 330-pounds)
Center
R-SR Jonah Dubinski (6-2, 295-pounds)
Right guard
SR Tre’vour Wallace-Sims (6-5, 330-pounds)
Nose guard
SR Markell Utsey (6-4, 295-pounds)
Middle Linebacker
SR Cale Garrett (6-3, 230-pounds)
SAM Linebacker
R-SR Ronnell Perkins (6-0, 205-pounds)
Cornerback
SR DeMarkus Acy (6-2, 195-pounds)

A way-too-early 2019 Missouri football offensive depth chart
A way-too-early 2019 Missouri defensive depth chart

I don't care where they go but I hope they all leave and go somewhere because that would help us the most.

Shame there's no DL.

Reactions: peaygolf
It’s going to be a slow night on the VQ chat. Give me some questions to ask.

I used to look forward to those chats and now I barely read them. Between the dumbass irrelevant questions people ask to the complete general nature of the mods answers, I can’t remember exactly when the last time I learned something noteworthy in them.

And that isn’t a knock on the VQ mods. I just think this administration is running a tight ship. I’m not sure any one has any “in’s” on the staff that they can glean information from.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
If he did all those things you say with 19 lottery picks why on earth does he only have one Natty at Kentucky?

Those players aren’t the same players as they were at Kentucky. So it’s easier to say why hasn’t he won more when you see what they are doing now in the league.

So we can bash him and question him but if we had our pick of any coach we wanted for the next 5-10 years. I don’t think anyone can honestly pick 5 coaches over him.

One thing learned from the Duke game - don't get up by so much that they begin to press you. Their press, with their length, is just nasty.
tenor.gif

Those players aren’t the same players as they were at Kentucky. So it’s easier to say why hasn’t he won more when you see what they are doing now in the league.

So we can bash him and question him but if we had our pick of any coach we wanted for the next 5-10 years. I don’t think anyone can honestly pick 5 coaches over him.

Better Gameday coaches it's very easy to pick 5

Izzo
Wright
Few
Barnes
K
Mack
Williams
Self
Mussleman
Beilin

That was easy to even pick 10

Eh, we both played Louisville, and Vols beat them easily. If we win Saturday (and tonight) we are still number one. Duke got beat by an unranked Syracuse team.

Doesn’t matter either way. March is what matters. All teams have flat games in the regular season.

Interesting thought, who would guard Zion? Admiral?

If Williams and Zion guard each other they would both foul out by halftime.

Last edited:
Gameday coaches it's very easy to pick 5

Izzo
Wright
Few
Barnes
K
Mack
Williams
Self
Mussleman
Beilin

That was easy to even pick 10

What does that even mean? There is no way you’re picking 1/2 those coaches over Cal to give the keys to your program to for the next say 5 years.

K, Izzo, self, Wright, and maybe Williams at the only coaches that should be ahead of Cal.

What does that even mean? There is no way you’re picking 1/2 those coaches over Cal to give the keys to your program to for the next say 5 years.

K, Izzo, self, Wright, and maybe Williams at the only coaches that should be ahead of Cal.

There you go. You were able to find 5 coaches better that you said no one could.

Everyone one of those coaches I named are much better at developing a "team" than Cal. You can't have it both ways by saying it's all about recruiting and then excuse him because his teams don't have time to develop.

So yes I'd take all 10 of those coaches over him to run my program if I was at Kentucky.
Solely recruiting one and dones aren't going to win as much as those 10 coaches would there

Last edited:

What does the next 5 years have to do with anything? We're talking about whether or not there are 5 coaches better than Cal and there are. He's a mediocre coach. Whether or not I'd take them the next 5 years is irrelevant.

What does the next 5 years have to do with anything? We're talking about whether or not there are 5 coaches better than Cal and there are. He's a mediocre coach. Whether or not I'd take them the next 5 years is irrelevant.

A mediocre coach doesn’t win a title. And make 4 final fours. Literally nothing about him spells mediocre coach lol. If he and his results is mediocre then sign me

People saying they think Rick Barnes, Tony Bennet, and Eric Fn Musselnan over him to lead their program are high lol.

To be honest I think Cal and Barnes were very close to the same coaches before Barnes transformed himself.

Imo Barnes changed his recruiting style when he was fired at Texas and decided development was far greater than elite recruiting. He saw the value in having experienced as opposed to NBA one and done selfish type talents.

Cal hasn't been smart enough to change like Barnes was

Reactions: LightningVol
He even named 5 after saying it couldn't be done. Pretty funny

He even named 5 after saying it couldn't be done. Pretty funny

I didn’t say that I would take those coaches. But they are only a handful that should even be in the thought of being ahead of calipari. You said Mr. lose to a 16 seed while scoring 40ppg Tony Bennett is a better coach than Cal 😂😂😂

A mediocre coach doesn’t win a title. And make 4 final fours. Literally nothing about him spells mediocre coach lol. If he and his results is mediocre then sign me

People saying they think Rick Barnes, Tony Bennet, and Eric Fn Musselnan over him to lead their program are high lol.

Give me all 3 guys and greg Marshall whom I didn't name. Up to 12 coaches better than he now

To be honest I think Cal and Barnes were very close to the same coaches before Barnes transformed himself.

Imo Barnes changed his recruiting style when he was fired at Texas and decided development was far greater than elite recruiting. He saw the value in having experienced as opposed to NBA one and done selfish type talents.

Cal hasn't been smart enough to change like Barnes was

Lol barnes has made one final four. Cal has won a title and made 4 final fours. You are reaching bad. If barnes fails to make it past the sweet 16 again this year this board will turn on him quick. Trust me

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back