Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrative is going to be Duke's epic comeback instead of Louisville's massive choke. Will be spun as a positive to bolster Duke's resume.

It was both a great defensive suffocation by Duke and an equally embarassing choke job by the ‘Ville. Once the refs got a taste of the Dookie comeback they knew they had the whistle to make it happen.

It's crazy tho. We still have a long ways to go. Feels like we've accomplished so much. But our toughest tests in the conference are still ahead of us.

Then we've got the SEC tournament which won't be a cakewalk.

I'm ready to see this team hit another gear.

Hopefully we will be peaking when the dance gets here.

What’s the problem with that? Is it going to affect the Vols? Are our guys gonna be at a disadvantage now because Duke gonna be loved more? Duke wining this game has got zero to do with us so I really don’t understand why some are looking at this as some kind of loss for us. Let them think they are the best in the country.

Did I say there was a problem? Who said it was a loss for us? I was just making an observation about how the media was going to spin this, without referencing the Vols. You're the one reading more into it.

It was both a great defensive suffocation by Duke and an equally embarassing choke job by the ‘Ville. Once the refs got a taste of the Dookie comeback they knew they had the whistle to make it happen.
They let Duke physically assault Louisville, it was bad, but Louisville shouldn't have turned into a bunch of quivering puss's either..

Did I say there was a problem? Who said it was a loss for us? I was just making an observation about how the media was going to spin this, without referencing the Vols. You're the one getting all pissy over nothing.
Not pissy. Just don’t understand why people care if the media strokes Dukes ego like they do. We control our fate

Edited to not sound so pissy:)

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dog
Obviously clear that Barnes changed his recruiting strategy when he got here to get this program on solid footing.

The success we are having right now has ZERO to do with recruiting at a high level

I can agree with this. He’s got the program stable now he can really sell it to high ranked recruits. He can talk about past high ranked recruits he’s gotten during his career and also say “Look at what I did with a roster with 0 Top-100 guys” in a sense. Pended he has a lot of high character good guys as well that bought into the system. Great student athletes.

Why did Louisville go to the four corner/ run the clock / I’m scared to death offense for the last 10 min of the game?

Coach K essentially ran what Florida and Mizzou did on us with the “court press” etc.
1-2-2 or zone,we struggled some against it. the difference here is coach Barnes knew how to beat it after he seen it the first time against Florida.

Odom salty

Odom singled out Tennessee as the most frequent caller for his players among SEC programs during a booster event on Tuesday.

"Everybody is going to have a bad day," Odom said, expressing his frustration with keeping his players from transferring. "You combine that with somebody that -- who'd we beat 51-17 this year? Tennessee? Yeah, those guys. They are non-stop reaching out daily [saying], 'Hey, come here.' The grass is not always greener somewhere else."

Tennessee did not have a comment when contacted by CBS Sports about Odom's stance.

One thing learned from the Duke game - don't get up by so much that they begin to press you. Their press, with their length, is just nasty.

So which Mizzou seniors is Pruitt goin after that’s got Odom all riled up?

These are the seniors in Missouri's projected 2-deep for the coming year:

Quarterback
R-SR Kelly Bryant
Running Back
SR Damarea Keener-Crockett (5-11, 225-pounds)
Wide Receiver
R-SR Alex Ofodile (6-2, 200-pounds)
R-SR Jonathon Nance (6-0, 190-pounds)
R-SR Johnathon Johnson (5-10, 180-pounds)
Left tackle
SR Yasir Durant (6-7, 330-pounds)
Center
R-SR Jonah Dubinski (6-2, 295-pounds)
Right guard
SR Tre’vour Wallace-Sims (6-5, 330-pounds)
Nose guard
SR Markell Utsey (6-4, 295-pounds)
Middle Linebacker
SR Cale Garrett (6-3, 230-pounds)
SAM Linebacker
R-SR Ronnell Perkins (6-0, 205-pounds)
Cornerback
SR DeMarkus Acy (6-2, 195-pounds)

A way-too-early 2019 Missouri football offensive depth chart
A way-too-early 2019 Missouri defensive depth chart

I don't care where they go but I hope they all leave and go somewhere because that would help us the most.

These are the seniors in Missouri's projected 2-deep for the coming year:

Quarterback
R-SR Kelly Bryant
Running Back
SR Damarea Keener-Crockett (5-11, 225-pounds)
Wide Receiver
R-SR Alex Ofodile (6-2, 200-pounds)
R-SR Jonathon Nance (6-0, 190-pounds)
R-SR Johnathon Johnson (5-10, 180-pounds)
Left tackle
SR Yasir Durant (6-7, 330-pounds)
Center
R-SR Jonah Dubinski (6-2, 295-pounds)
Right guard
SR Tre’vour Wallace-Sims (6-5, 330-pounds)
Nose guard
SR Markell Utsey (6-4, 295-pounds)
Middle Linebacker
SR Cale Garrett (6-3, 230-pounds)
SAM Linebacker
R-SR Ronnell Perkins (6-0, 205-pounds)
Cornerback
SR DeMarkus Acy (6-2, 195-pounds)

A way-too-early 2019 Missouri football offensive depth chart
A way-too-early 2019 Missouri defensive depth chart

I don't care where they go but I hope they all leave and go somewhere because that would help us the most.
Like the size on that Tackle and Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back