Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me what I just read about Butch and his agent actually asking for a raise and extension after the Vandy game is BS..... if true, this guy either is the most clueless egotistical idiot, or they are forcing UT's hand to part ways with him so he can go get another job and try and save face by not looking like he left on his own....

This seems like an over-simplification. Coach Jones is a very prideful individual.

Burger Up is a nice alternative to Pharmacy. Definitely like the atmosphere better there but, BU might have the better burger.

Only had it once. Need to hit up the 5P location.

Pharmacy is solid.. More about the atmosphere and beer garden.

Last edited:
Please tell me what I just read about Butch and his agent actually asking for a raise and extension after the Vandy game is BS..... if true, this guy either is the most clueless egotistical idiot, or they are forcing UT's hand to part ways with him so he can go get another job and try and save face by not looking like he left on his own....

Hell, why not ask? He's practically dared UT to fire him and we've made it clear we're not going to. He could kick Joe DiP in the nuts with a hobnail boot and tell the new Chancellor to F herself on national TV and we'd still probably raise and extend him.

Reactions: 4 people
Hell, why not ask? He's practically dared UT to fire him and we've made it clear we're not going to. He could kick Joe DiP in the nuts with a hobnail boot and tell the new Chancellor to F herself on national TV and we'd still probably raise and extend him.

You're a real piece of work

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not predicting those guys, just players of similar stature in the program right now. If the coaching staff knows they're on a short leash going into 2017 then the players know it too. There will be more attrition.

Even Kurt Rambis could see that you're wrong about the stature of the players would leave. In my opinion, the only defections will be those who see that they won't be playing much or those that the coaching staff "encourage" to move along.

I'm still trying to figure out where all of this JG hype is coming from. Dude hasn't even played a down of college ball yet.

Easy. He's the backup's backup. Seriously, many people think he's going to be a great player, but, I agree, we will not know for sure until he plays.

Wow, their fanbase just went through the emotions of our football season in the span of about 18 hours (on cloud 9 over an impressive performance in beating UNC, then kicked in the nads with this news about football)!

I was speaking metaphorically. After last night's win over UNC, they were probably feeling about like we were after starting 5-0. Then, today the news breaks about football, and it correlates to our 4-loss collapse to close the season.

I've not said much about the situation, but I'll weigh in, and get back to my business.

I. Everyone is miserable:
Got it. Now, you bascially have 4 options going forward.

1. Butch leaves ASAP: Unlikely, and the fact is, with no AD, and no clear, realistic upgrades, this would be likely catastrophic. If this is what you want, this is what you should expect to see as a result.

2. Butch bombs next season and is fired: Ok, maybe more firm footing for the AD to possibly make a better hire, but next season would suck. No guarantees about the next coach either. I certainly don't want next season to suck.

3. Butch does fair next season, 8 wins: If he truly wants out, he may be able to have some leverage at that point. If he is average again, and stays, we are kind of stuck.

4. Next season is a success and we win the East:
Butch learns from some mistakes, changes are made in the staff, the youth who played this year grow and develop, Shoop fixes whatever the heck went on this season, and the Vols are back on track. Everyone seems to agree Butch will be as strong as his staff, and this is where he will be made or broken this off season. Of course, this could be a "peak" season, and he slides back to scenario 3, but one season at a time.

Given the 4 possible outcomes above, the 4th is most conducive to my happiness as a fan, and that's where I'm at. I'm still hoping he gets it done, but you won't hear me confidently spouting rainbows.

Option 4 for me too, Nick.

I was speaking metaphorically. After last night's win over UNC, they were probably feeling about like we were after starting 5-0. Then, today the news breaks about football, and it correlates to our 4-loss collapse to close the season.

Ok. I was thinking something happened at nc state

Perfect! LMAO on this one too!!! good day in the forum...

That's because he was involved in a sex scandal there

You make it sound worse than it is. He is part of an ongoing legal battle between TX and their former track coach. She banged one of her players and claims that there is race and gender discrimination because Applewhite had a one time affair with a student trainers(adult age) during fiesta bowl trip. The lawsuit has nothing to do with him beyond someone claiming he should have been fired if she was but he wasnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back