Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall UT ever letting a junior leaving early for the draft be honored on Senior Day-- not even Eric Berry.

A RS Jr that has graduated and is moving on after four years in the program might be treated as a senior. Perhaps that's the case with Sanders.

I'm just sayin but maybe they haven't asked cause it wont be their last time.

I know they're most likely gone but until they actually are I can hope

Reactions: 1 person
Someone posted this in the previous thread and it was really misleading
https://mobile.twitter.com/CFBFilmRoom/status/798619523817422849

It's basically a comparison of our RBs rushing yardage after contact as a percentage of their total yards where:
Hurd - 55%
Kamara - 40%
Jelly - 20%
And notes how much we missed the hard hitting quitter.

I read it the other way as a percentage of yards before contact, where:
Hurd - 45%
Kamara - 60%
Jelly - 80%

Couple that with their average yards per carry:
Hurd - 3.7 yards
Kamara - 6.0
Jelly - 7.3

Their actual yards before contact is:
Hurd - 1.67 yards
Kamara - 3.60
Jelly - 5.84

Our guys are eating up some yards before getting touched! Hitting the right holes and making some plays. I don't know if I missed the quitter that much!

For completeness, the actual yards after contact? Barely noticeable.
Hurd - 2.03 yards
Kamara - 2.40
Jelly - 1.46

Reactions: 13 people
Someone posted this in the previous thread and it was really misleading
https://mobile.twitter.com/CFBFilmRoom/status/798619523817422849

It's basically a comparison of our RBs rushing yardage after contact as a percentage of their total yards where:
Hurd - 55%
Kamara - 40%
Jelly - 20%
And notes how much we missed the hard hitting quitter.

I read it the other way as a percentage of yards before contact, where:
Hurd - 45%
Kamara - 60%
Jelly - 80%

Couple that with their average yards per carry:
Hurd - 3.7 yards
Kamara - 6.0
Jelly - 7.3

Their actual yards before contact is:
Hurd - 1.67 yards
Kamara - 3.60
Jelly - 5.84

Our guys are eating up some yards before getting touched! Hitting the right holes and making some plays. I don't know if I missed the quitter that much!

For completeness, the actual yards after contact? Barely noticeable.
Hurd - 2.03 yards
Kamara - 2.40
Jelly - 1.46

Excellent work. Should post this to the source of that original stat

I can't believe you guys started this without me! I am shocked and dismayed. My feelings are like guts all over the floor and they are hurting! I am taking all my VIP resources and going home.

200.gif

more importantly,
I killed a real nice buck opening day last weekend and followed the Vols winning on my phone from the tree stand.

You know the last time I shot a nice buck AND followed a good Vols win on my phone in the tree stand? 2007.

We going to SECCG.

It's science.

more importantly,
I killed a real nice buck opening day last weekend and followed the Vols winning on my phone from the tree stand.

You know the last time I shot a nice buck AND followed a good Vols win on my phone in the tree stand? 2007.

We going to SECCG.

It's science.

Last buck I killed, decent one at that, was in 2012 from my blind when we went to like triple overtime with Troy!! Ha, let's hope we dont have a repeat of that debacle!

I haven't killed one since, trying to get them to grow around here, ave age buck killed in WV 1 1/2 years! I have 5 right now that are all shooters in my book, been holding out for a nice 10, but haven't had a good shot yet. Hs him at 57 yards the other day, but didn't feel comfortable taking the shot.

first time hunting I got a 10 point back in 2006. it was luck.

we got sausage, ground, cube, strip and it was AWESOME. I had a big ass George Foreman in the dorms and a crock pot so we made it. Also brought my mom's freezer from home to keep it all frozen. Good stuff.

first time hunting I got a 10 point back in 2006. it was luck.

You don't coffee. You kill a 10 point on your first hunt. There are so many reasons to despise you. It's like a game but I don't know if I'm winning or losing. lol.

Reactions: 4 people
You don't coffee. You kill a 10 point on your first hunt. There are so many reasons to despise you. It's like a game but I don't know if I'm winning or losing. lol.

Haha living life man. I get lucky with random stuff and unlucky with important stuff lol

Preparing for one final tailgate and trip to Neyland. Man it's depressing how quickly the season can pass by.

Sure does. It is hard to believe there is only two more regular-season games left. Hopefully, with a little help we will get to see our boys play two extra games.

Crazy this is going to be the last time we see Dobbs in Neyland... time has flown by... I remember when folks were still trying to come up with nicknames-- astro-dobbs... this has been a crazy up and down season for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back