Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
But 2 of those rb will be gone after next year

And you know this because?? For all we know Hurd could get hurt the first game and that would hurt his stock and him stay. Or his stock might not be as high as he would like next year and he stays. I wouldn't necessarily write hurd off after next year. If he were to stay he would literally break every Tennessee rushing record there is. Even if he did stay we would still Have Kelly, CFA, and who knows if young is out for his career or not. That's been pure talk with no back up or credible information.

And you know this because?? For all we know Hurd could get hurt the first game and that would hurt his stock and him stay. Or his stock might not be as high as he would like next year and he stays. I wouldn't necessarily write hurd off after next year. If he were to stay he would literally break every Tennessee rushing record there is. Even if he did stay we would still Have Kelly, CFA, and who knows if young is out for his career or not. That's been pure talk with no back up or credible information.

What is this? I've apparently missed it.

We should know about Brown on Tuesday. His mother said they will call the schools he did not choose on Tuesday so they can give his spot to another recruit. Classy way to handle it. If we take a commitment from Moss or Bailey, we'll know Brown is headed elsewhere.

We should know about Brown on Tuesday. His mother said they will call the schools he did not choose on Tuesday so they can give his spot to another recruit. Classy way to handle it. If we take a commitment from Moss or Bailey, we'll know Brown is headed elsewhere.

We'll know if he picked us because Auburn will leak it.

I'm going to post this gem here. This post is from a Clemson Rivals member a few years ago. One of the funniest things I've read in awhile. Here it is:
The year is 2029....Its opening day at Death Valley, and the stadium is filled to its 126,843 capacity. All in orange. All waving orange flags. They cheer for their Tigers, celebrating the back to back national championships, and 4 out of the last 8 national championships. They are a dynasty. The media speculates "is this the greatest team ever?" Clemson, synonomous with "college football", is the envy of every other program in America.

The Four Horseman, Cherone Peak, Martravias Bryant, Mike Bellamy and of course Sammy Watkins, are in attendance. Dabo has always credited them with being the Spark that turned around Clemson’s fortune. Though Clemson never actually won a national title while they were there, the 3 ACC championships they won put Clemson squarely back in the mix for the national title hunt from their perch on top of the ACC.

Watkins, being Clemson's first Heisman Trophy winner and first #1 pick was greeted with roar, many still wearing his retired #1 jersey. Bellamy, a two-time NFL MVP and first ballot Hall of Famer raised his hand to the crowd, and nearly blinded all from the shine of his 4 super bowl rings. Peake and Bryant recently retired from the NFL as annual pro-bowlers and defining Clemson's new reputation as "Wide Reciever U".

Just beside the four horseman, are three former Tiger walk-ons: Will Swinney, Drew Swinney, and Clay Swinney. Will is now an assistant coach at Alabama. Drew, a successful attorney in Atlanta. And Clay, who defied the odds and is now a starting wide receiver for the Tennessee Titans. They stand there, in awe. Tears flowing from their face as they think back to all the practices, hours in the weight room, and tough victories over ACC foes. They are all champions. It has all come to this. This one moment. They know this is what they worked for. They know what it feels like to achieve your dream.

Then...an announcement is made, and a banner is dropped...

The West Zone will be renamed...the Dabo Swinney Zone. Suddenly, 126,843 chant "Dabo! Dabo!" at the top of their lungs, and thank God that they were patient with Dabo. He asked for patience. He delivered.

Reactions: 4 people

Pretty sure the coaches have the best pulse on this situation. They know Young's status, and you have to plan like Hurd is leaving. Otherwise, you are creating a problem at RB. My guess is the staff considers Moss good enough to redshirt him, gain strength, and play him next year as opposed to relying on a true freshman. You plan for the future and don't just let things fall where they may.

Reactions: 1 person
That's so crazy. CTE is real and definitely is life threatening, more mental wise than physical. Can't say I blame him, but man what he would of been with a stud quarterback.

Wasted talent. Maybe GOAT talent wise, and carried himself like a pro's pro. Sucks he was never on a decent team.

Sounds like Warrior, Byrd, Kongbo and still waiting to hear from Brown.

That's a realistic view at this point.

Not out of realm that Byrd or Kongbo don't come through and the pecking order if Brown doesn't come is murky.

Interesting comments from Welton on The Locker Room Show with VQ. They asked him about Drew Richmond recruitment as an example of craziness of the last weekend leading up to NSD.

Welton alluded to there being a lot of "powerful" people pulling Richmond all over the place that really had him confused. The final weekend was key to him seeing that the feeling he had for 2.5yrs that TN was the place he wanted to be really sank in. Welton said they knew Richmond always wanted to be at TN.

It's impossible to diagnose CTE before death. They can only find it after the player has passed. But there literally finding CTE in almost every football player, boxer, and hockey player that dies. Your brain isn't built to get hit around every day.

I realize that they can't be a 100% sure but I thought they could make a reasonable assumption based on symptoms?

Byrd Warrior and Kongbo in the bag?

Wasted talent. Maybe GOAT talent wise, and carried himself like a pro's pro. Sucks he was never on a decent team.

Put the situation in your shoes. If you had already made millions and millions of dollars for 9 years and your body is extremely sore to the point of almost not being able to move the next few days after a game to then playing a game the next week and reliving it all over, plus on top of that worrying about CTE which makes you go crazy and feel super depressed and want to hurt yourself or other people. Yeah most likely you would want to call it quits to. I completely respect his decision. I respect anyone's decision choosing health over money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back