Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
More I am dying...

The next couple days are going to be invaluable for me as an individual. It's a process.

What does one wear to a college football job interview? Do you button the top button of a polo or not? #AskingForAFriend

Has to be the same person who ran the jancek parody account.

Where are these coming from?

People are talking about what The deleted VQ thread mentioned on Sec rant- supposedly someone that knows family so it may appear to have some truth to it.

Saw something on secrant about shoop. The person quoted also said that gattis and haslett were coming with him. I saw that gattis is one of the assistant coaches. Any idea who gattis is?

Rick Barnes is hilarious.

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 1m1 minute ago
Barnes on why #Vols didn’t play well with a 30-point lead tonight against Florida: “We’d never had one before."

He's like Dooley except he can coach.

Reactions: 18 people
In all seriousness though, it will be interesting to see where we go from here. If we're losing our DC, I'd be really surprised if we don't lose a defensive assistant or two as well. Also worth noting is that Jancek did not coach a position in addition to his DC responsibilities. So if we lose another defensive position coach but hire a DC who coaches that position, then we'll have an extra spot we could potentially use for a QB coach or ST coordinator.

The obvious dot to connect here (at least if we hire Shoop) is Martinez. Shoop coaches DBs (and is darn good at it) and Martinez supposedly has a strong relationship with Jancek, though we don't know if it's strong enough to follow him somewhere else.

We should have an interesting couple of weeks coming up.

Reactions: 1 person
Rick Barnes is hilarious.

He's like Dooley except he can coach.

CRB is a great guy and strong coach. Home run for UT in my book.

Thanks to Donnie for Admiral. If there is a guy that could play both BB and FB it would be him. Thick body with great quickness and hops.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back