Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
whip dey ass

oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif

I got robbed at gun point at work last night by a drug addict looking for oxycodone and I'll tell you guys what it really puts things into perspective. I don't care if we have a bad team, an average team, or a great team this year I'm just thankful I'm going to have a chance to see my vols play another game. Things are going to be okay guys, win or lose we still get to watch the team we all love. Go vols!!!!!

DRUGS THE DOWN FALL OF THIS COUNTRY.:banghead2:

Reactions: 4 people
Really like what I saw from him in game 1. He has a much quicker burst than I noticed on his high school film.

I want to see our Back up QB in to start the second half, not because of Dobbs getting hurt or bad play, i wonder if the players are feeling the same way as the fans looking ahead and having a hard time putting the OU game behind them if they are look out ask the HOGS and Auburn. :eek:hmy:

Jancek said the Vols’ defense played “a combination of both” man and zone coverages against Oklahoma and even used “a variety of different zones” to give the Sooners a number of different looks.

“We were flopping our coverages pretty good, from man to zone — and even a variety of different zones — to try to create some confusion for the quarterback, and I think we were able to do that, for the most part,” Jancek said.

While Tennessee played plenty of zone coverage Saturday night, Jancek said the Vols’ game plan likely will “be a balancing act each and every week.”

“Are we just going to line up in man and lock you down? No, probably not right now — not where we’re at,” he said. “It’ll be a combination, and it’ll be dependent on what’s the skill set of the offensive players, too. It’ll be a week-by-week. We have to look at things — how we match up and all that.”

Ummmm, some of these Couch Coaches should tell CJJ that Butch doesn't allow adjustments.

Reactions: 6 people
Honestly, they are justified in doing so. Over the course of Dobbs' playing time he has proven to either be brilliant or very bad. There is very little middle ground with him...I guess the word is consistency. I almost feel like the coaching staff goes into the game and if Dobbs is on, the playbook is wide open but if the Dobbs of Vandy (14), Mizzou (13), OU (15) is present then they feel like they have to ratchet things down.

Maybe they need to do a better job of getting him into a rhythm?

IMO, Vandy in 2014 and maybe even Missouri were tough spots for Dobbs. Both of their DL's (especially Missouri) were far better than our OL, and we were missing some playmakers. Even though Vandy was only a 7 point win, the staff did exactly what they needed to do to win by just running Dobbs and moving the clock.

But, now, our OL is a little better, and we have playmakers. Get them the ball however you can. I was actually missing the fly sweep against OU even though we got tired of it in 2013.

Jancek said the Vols’ defense played “a combination of both” man and zone coverages against Oklahoma and even used “a variety of different zones” to give the Sooners a number of different looks.

“We were flopping our coverages pretty good, from man to zone — and even a variety of different zones — to try to create some confusion for the quarterback, and I think we were able to do that, for the most part,” Jancek said.

While Tennessee played plenty of zone coverage Saturday night, Jancek said the Vols’ game plan likely will “be a balancing act each and every week.”

“Are we just going to line up in man and lock you down? No, probably not right now — not where we’re at,” he said. “It’ll be a combination, and it’ll be dependent on what’s the skill set of the offensive players, too. It’ll be a week-by-week. We have to look at things — how we match up and all that.”

Ummmm, some of these Couch Coaches should tell CJJ that Butch doesn't allow adjustments.

He didn't adjust on offense...

Reactions: 1 person
IMO, Vandy in 2014 and maybe even Missouri were tough spots for Dobbs. Both of their DL's (especially Missouri) were far better than our OL, and we were missing some playmakers. Even though Vandy was only a 7 point win, the staff did exactly what they needed to do to win by just running Dobbs and moving the clock.

But, now, our OL is a little better, and we have playmakers. Get them the ball however you can. I was actually missing the fly sweep against OU even though we got tired of it in 2013.

I agree the deck was stacked against Dobbs in those games. My point is simply that the coaches are justified to play a little conservatively with Dobbs until he has proven he will be consistent game in and game out.

He didn't adjust on offense...

So he adjusts on one side but not the other? Interesting. I wonder if Butch (with his background in offense) dictates that it's his sort of his way or the highway on offense but lets the defensive coaches mostly handle their side.

So he adjusts on one side but not the other? Interesting. I wonder if Butch (with his background in offense) dictates that it's his sort of his way or the highway on offense but lets the defensive coaches mostly handle their side.

It certainly seemed that way to me!!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm really split here...Butch's recruiting and everything off the field has built him a lot of equity. Only now are people starting to truly criticize him. Unfortunately, we are walking a line here because we should NEVER accept mediocrity at Tennessee but if the fanbase turns on him (and, if we lose to Florida and have an underwhelming season it might)...then it will eventually force him out and more turnover, more buyouts, and another hit to this job and school is the last thing we need. We MUST give Butch the time he needs to either sink or swim on his own. That loss nearly broke me, it was as devastating a loss as I can recall...but we have to try and stay in reality and not turn on Butch until he has proven, beyond a reasonable doubt that he is NOT the answer. Anything less that that is unfair to him and, frankly, us as well. Go Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm really split here...Butch's recruiting and everything off the field has built him a lot of equity. Only now are people starting to truly criticize him. Unfortunately, we are walking a line here because we should NEVER accept mediocrity at Tennessee but if the fanbase turns on him (and, if we lose to Florida and have an underwhelming season it might)...then it will eventually force him out and more turnover, more buyouts, and another hit to this job and school is the last thing we need. We MUST give Butch the time he needs to either sink or swim on his own. That loss nearly broke me, it was as devastating a loss as I can recall...but we have to try and stay in reality and not turn on Butch until he has proven, beyond a reasonable doubt that he is NOT the answer. Anything less that that is unfair to him and, frankly, us as well. Go Vols.

Sticky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back