Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TeranJ_WUTK: ESPN CFB analyst @Mark_Schlabach predicts that Tennessee will defeat Iowa 28-17 in the Gator Bowl on Jan 2nd.

Reactions: 6 people
POA. I might have missed it but I didn't see the scene from the UGA game when the UGA DB was showing blitz and Hurd friggin waved him to bring it. That would've been a great way to end it. Bring it on 2015!

Razorback Football ‏@RazorbackFB 2h2 hours ago
Freshman center @KNARFWONGAR has been named to the @sportingnews All-True Freshman team! #WPS

That's three underclassmen on one of the top OL in the country as far as sacks allowed and rushing yards. Pittman earning that half mil

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds7wIm6m5gM[/youtube]

Didnt have UF film, so theres only like 3 or 4 plays from that game. Didnt have much of the USC, VU or Mizzou games either.

Awesome video POA! I know how much time you put into doing it since I edit video myself. Great work!

Also, after watching the video it's even more apparent that AJ was the heart & soul of this team. It's a real testament to the staff and players for being able to finish like they did without him. :good!:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds7wIm6m5gM[/youtube]

Didnt have UF film, so theres only like 3 or 4 plays from that game. Didnt have much of the USC, VU or Mizzou games either.

Great job.

I keep seeing North making some great catches. Especially in the AState game. We absolutely have to find a way to get him the ball more next season. He has so much talent.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh, yeah... Please keep this one clean, guys...

If you catch my drift..:)

Yea, some of the guys forget we have ladies on the forum.

To smokey, pattiy, et al --- The fellas mean no harm with their girly posts. They're just exercising their testosterone. You gals have my respect and admiration for hanging in there with us. :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
Are we for sure the DA turned it over to the Grand Jury?

I have seen nothing from the Knox media about the DA turning anything over to the grand jury. He doesn't have to so he might not. The DA's office is most likely still going over the evidence.

After thinking about the Hendrix/Helm/Scott situation over the past few days, I'm starting to think that while it won't do us any favors next year, setting that precedent will help in the years to come.

Butch drones on and on about wanting to see "mental toughness" out of his players and he talks about it in about 100 different cliched ways, but he really means it. And I think he probably notices when guys don't have it...and I don't think he goes out of his way to make sure they stick around. Other coaches might have done whatever it takes to hold onto the guys we lost, and I'm sure Butch made an effort, but he didn't bend over backwards for them. He let them walk.

That approach will cost us some very talented players over the next few years years, but it will build a tougher team. Butch really is looking for the total package in recruits--great athletic ability, great character, great work ethic.

There are a lot of coaches even in the SEC who are happy with just the first of those three attributes. Dooley was one of them, and they eventually infected the entire team until Butch changed the culture.

We can't expect to ever compete with Alabama unless we're recruiting on their level and our players are as tough as theirs. They are still the benchmark of the league and we'll continue losing to them until both of those requirements are met. Butch is getting us there very quickly.

I think the transfers are a one step back, three steps forward thing in terms of setting the tone for the culture of the team. Either you're willing to keep your head down and put in the work and fight to get on the field, or you can hit the bricks (pun not intended).

Reactions: 18 people
Yea, some of the guys forget we have ladies on the forum.

To smokey, pattiy, et al --- The fellas mean no harm with their girly posts. They're just exercising their testosterone. You gals have my respect and admiration for hanging in there with us. :hi:
Don't worry about it Mike. Just like everyone else, we have to scroll and ignore when we see topics we are not interested in. There is a reason the down button on my laptop broke off the other day! Volnation...:) :birgits_giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
PK Jeff Hall, All-Time UT Points Leader, had 95 points his freshman year. Aaron Medley has 93 points going into the bowl game. I'm not saying anything about anything. I'm just say we have got ourselves a great kicker until Volatil Jr. can get on campus.

Reactions: 18 people
PK Jeff Hall, All-Time UT Points Leader, had 95 points his freshman year. Aaron Medley has 93 points going into the bowl game. I'm not saying anything about anything. I'm just say we have got ourselves a great kicker until Volatil Jr. can get on campus.

He really has been great. 17/18 inside 40 is about as good as you can ask for a true freshman.

Reactions: 1 person
Great job.

I keep seeing North making some great catches. Especially in the AState game. We absolutely have to find a way to get him the ball more next season. He has so much talent.

If they could play more than two games without losing WRs to injury, it sure would help.

I've heard rumors little Volatil gets homesick FWIW

Good grief. Michigan has reportedly offered Jim Harbaugh $8M+ per year.

Per a report from CBS reporter Joe Pequeno out of KPHO in Phoenix, Arizona, Michigan's offer to Jim Harbaugh is for six years and 49 million dollars.
If these numbers are correct, it would make Harbaugh the highest paid coach in college football. Nick Saban at Alabama is currently the highest paid coach in the NCAA at 7.3 million/year. Those numbers at 8+ million/year would also make him the highest paid coach in either college or the NFL, as Sean Payton in New Orleans and Pete Carroll in Seattle make an even 8 million/year.
Harbaugh has long been Michigan's top target for the head coaching position that opened up after the Wolverines fired Brady Hoke last month. A former quarterback at Michigan, Harbaugh is considered one of the top overall minds in the game, leading the San Francisco 49ers to three straight NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl appearance.

Reactions: 1 person
Good grief. Michigan has reportedly offered Jim Harbaugh $8M+ per year.

Jim gon be like:
mrcm.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back