Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sporadic on here, but i just realized I haven’t seen @nicksjuzunk in a while. I was getting fired up for his weekly game preview threads and it hit me that he’s been absent. Any insight to his whereabouts or is my random VN visits just missing him?

Update:
I stopped being lazy and found his recent posts. No need to panic.

us being outside the top 5 is disgusting. us being behind MICHIGAN is ridiculous. we have 2 bowls, they have one big saucer. the atmospheres are incomparable
The entire purpose of that list is to get people outraged so they share it and click on it and talk about it. You really think they believe Wisconsin is above osu UT and Michigan? Don't fall for the engage-bait.

The pass wasn't even remotely close to one of his players. This has to just be the most elaborate troll job in the history of troll jobs. People can't actually believe that douche is anything close to approaching an actual NFL quality QB. They can't.

The biggest thing is the fact that he/they were able to pull off one of the biggest "fake it till you make it" jobs by tricking people in the NFL to think he was good enough to draft in the first place, much less the first few rounds... unbelievable... Same with Anthony Richardson who stunk it up this past weekend as well...

Athletic ability in general improves with every generation. I guess you think you’ve made a point stating a universally known truth.

Great players transcend generations. Let’s try another one.

Reggie White played in the early 80’s, an era of inferior athletes compared to the current generation. No way he could compete in today’s era of tempo and scheme.
This is no comparison to what I said about Ruth. Ruth was seeing fastballs in the 70's-80's. If you took a Triple A player today and dropped him into the early 1900's baseball he is a hall of famer and one of the all time greats.

Reggie White played against players that had actual size and power. He would dominate in any generation. Stupid comment on your part.

Babe Ruth knocked himself unconscious on a stadium wall in 1924 | For The Win

A better question is….. would todays players be tough enough to play in the 1920’s?

Babe was knocked unconscious and finished a double header… an Indians player was struck by lightning… woke up and finished the game.

There would be no jet travel.
No whirlpool baths after the game.
No special diet regimen
No special training equipment to help with your game.
Baseball wasn’t protecting the players…. Getting hit, spiked, ran over was considered part of the game.

Today…. Some players sit out due to sleeping under an air conditioner wrong.
100% agree with this.

Reactions: hooter vol
The entire purpose of that list is to get people outraged so they share it and click on it and talk about it. You really think they believe Wisconsin is above osu UT and Michigan? Don't fall for the engage-bait.
I drove by and got a look at Camp Randall (Wisconsin) yesterday. It's a cool stadium and gamedays are probably fun, but it's not on this level. It's not as impressive as Lane Stadium (Virginia Tech) that's for sure. It would be the 9th largest SEC stadium. Below South Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back