Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has had multiple sprained ankles and the athletic trainer recommended surgery….. That would put her out too long as this will be her last year playing college basketball…. She is in pain all the time especially with plantarflexion and inversion… The trainer said that her ligaments have been over stretched too many times…. Does anyone have any success with any strengthening exercises for that issue so she can alleviate the pain some?
Daily massages. Up and down from high ankle to top of foot. No side to side massage. The ligaments have bird-caged, and the massages will straighten them out.
sprained mine so many times doctors told me the last several times it would have been better if it broke. Still haven’t had surgery.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Daily massages. Up and down from high ankle to top of foot. No side to side massage. The ligaments have bird-caged, and the massages will straighten them out.
sprained mine so many times doctors told me the last several times it would have been better if it broke. Still haven’t had surgery.
Ok…. I will try that….. thank you

I like Hyatt, he worked hard, improved, and helped us beat bama, so I don’t like playing devils advocate about him. But I totally understand why some people had doubts about how successful he would be at the next level. I think the distinction is that when the scheme broke down and it was up to the players to make something happen, guys like Tillman or Jennings made it happen. I just honestly don’t remember a time when Hyatt made a huge play and wasn’t wide open.
Btw do you remember what game he had those catches in traffic? I really can’t remember a single time that he caught a 50/50 ball or anything like that. I’d like to look it up and rewatch it.
I love Hyatt but also kind of agree with your take here. Although I obviously hope he succeeds in the NFL. But another catch that was semi impressive was last year against SC at home. One of the many 1Q TD’s we had Hyatt made a pretty good contested catch on a slant in the end zone I believe.

I love Hyatt but also kind of agree with your take here. Although I obviously hope he succeeds in the NFL. But another catch that was semi impressive was last year against SC at home. One of the many 1Q TD’s we had Hyatt made a pretty good contested catch on a slant in the end zone I believe.
Actually just looked it up, first TD of the game. Was actually a pretty great catch on a slant. But I think the overall point still remains true. Hopefully he keeps working hard to prove the doubters wrong.

My daughter has had multiple sprained ankles and the athletic trainer recommended surgery….. That would put her out too long as this will be her last year playing college basketball…. She is in pain all the time especially with plantarflexion and inversion… The trainer said that her ligaments have been over stretched too many times…. Does anyone have any success with any strengthening exercises for that issue so she can alleviate the pain some?
Man that’s tough. And tough to rehab as well once ligaments get strained and stretched out to a certain point. Ligaments can heal but it’s not like a muscle that contracts back to size. If she’s just trying play another year the ankle lacer braces with that figure 8 velcro straps is what I’ve used on patients and help replace the function of the ligaments.

I like Hyatt, he worked hard, improved, and helped us beat bama, so I don’t like playing devils advocate about him. But I totally understand why some people had doubts about how successful he would be at the next level. I think the distinction is that when the scheme broke down and it was up to the players to make something happen, guys like Tillman or Jennings made it happen. I just honestly don’t remember a time when Hyatt made a huge play and wasn’t wide open.
Btw do you remember what game he had those catches in traffic? I really can’t remember a single time that he caught a 50/50 ball or anything like that. I’d like to look it up and rewatch it.
Ya, it doesn't mean he can't catch balls in traffic, but he rarely had to. Heupel is that good. Same with Hooker. How many balls did he have to fit into a tight window? Doesn't mean he can't, but he didn't have to do it as much as a normal qb because heupel is so good. I get why some nfl teams would be hesitant, he didn't have to prove an NFL skillset, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

Had a similar issue after multiple bad sprains. Bothered me off and on a for over a year. Finally went back to physical therapy and they did a bunch of focus messaging, up to my knee. That combined with minor stretching and strength training got me back to 100% in two months. I rigorously followed every regimen they gave me.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

Bru has been and will be our new Jennings or Tillman.

Figured this would be a good of a place as any...anyone in here ever been to a tasting with all the Pappy Van Winkles sips? I have seen them priced from about $300-800 for a full meal and tastes of each all the way up to the really rare 23 year old. Wonder if it is worth it. I have wanted to try it again for about 18 years but can't seem to ever find something worth my while.

Any recommendations?

Figured this would be a good of a place as any...anyone in here ever been to a tasting with all the Pappy Van Winkles sips? I have seen them priced from about $300-800 for a full meal and tastes of each all the way up to the really rare 23 year old. Wonder if it is worth it. I have wanted to try it again for about 18 years but can't seem to ever find something worth my while.

Any recommendations?
Southern Craft in johnson city has it by the shot.

Reactions: Crookruss

Any recommendations?

It is most certainly not. Once you've had Pappy, you may wonder what all the hype was actually about. I'm pretty sure I've tried them all at some point or another. Personal opinion is there is much better bourbon out there for cheaper. Especially with some of the newer things coming out. Even if you think it's the best stuff, it's not monumentally better.
If you've never had Pappy, I'd find somewhere that's selling it by the pour and quench your curiosity that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back