Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This started because the first thing you said was that a basketball season is a "failure" if we don't make an Elite 8.

It's not. It's just a huge accomplishment. And a failure, by most people's rational standard, is the NIT.
You failed if you don’t make an elite eight, imo….. I’m sure the season is a failure if he is not the last team standing in Barnes eyes…. It’s why you play the game…. It is what keeps driving you to be better.

You failed if you don’t make an elite eight, imo….. I’m sure the season is a failure if he is not the last team standing in Barnes eyes…. It’s why you play the game…. It is what keeps driving you to be better.

Depends on how you define a failure. If failure means the coach lands on the hot seat, then it is asinine to say a S16 is a failure. We’ve not exactly been a mainstay in the S16, so throwing a coach on the hot seat would be lunacy.

If failure means we didn’t quite reach our potential given the way the bracket played out, then it’s very fair to suggest not making the E8 is a failure. I might even agree.

Reactions: SoilVol
Depends on how you define a failure. If failure means the coach lands on the hot seat, then it is asinine to say a S16 is a failure. We’ve not exactly been a mainstay in the S16, so throwing a coach on the hot seat would be lunacy.

If failure means we didn’t quite reach our potential given the way the bracket played out, then it’s very fair to suggest not making the E8 is a failure. I might even agree.
I have never advocated firing Rick Barnes…. He has done a great job here… Let’s win these next two and make our first final four.

I have never advocated firing Rick Barnes…. He has done a great job here… Let’s win these next two and make our first final four.

No intention to accuse. I honestly can’t keep up with who has called for Barnes to be fired and who hasn’t. Plus I’ve not hung out in the recruiting forum much lately. I know a few of the regular Barnes bashers over in the basketball forum have been AWOL since the Duke win…

The path is as real as it has ever been. Maybe it’s just my BVS, but I’m really worried about this FAU game. They’re better than some are giving them credit for. Plus, I fully expect a tight whistle after some of the national media’s crying over is kicking Duke’s tail.

51% (246 people) are picking Toledo to win vs the Lady Vols
200w.gif

I’m a little disappointed that this ESPN broadcast team hasn’t once mentioned the key role my firing of @InVOLuntary played in the turnaround of the Lady Vols this season.
I've been helping Rick with the men's team. That was me with the bench technical the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back