Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a food debate I hear quite often, but tbh I've only experienced one of the two.

Italian deli or Jewish deli?

I'm big on the North Carolina style vinegar sauce. I want spice and tanginess. Yall can miss me with any bbq sauce that looks like ketchup.
I've definitely come around to it. Never even heard of it till I moved here. Buxton BBQ is amazing.

But I can also see why some may not like it. It's probably the least BBQ-y of all the styles.

Mustard looks like it shouldn't be for human consumption.

Ketchup is the GOAT. Hot dogs, hamburgers, even roast beef sammies, and yes if you ever are so unlucky to be presented with a low grade "pepper steak"...better hope you have some ketchup nearby if there's no A1. Also, ketchup and ranch is one hell of a combo that needs to be explored more.

Mustard ain't got that kind of range. Ketchup is in range as soon as it steps off the bus.
Ketchup is nothing more than tomato flavored sugar. I generally will have a little sometimes with fries or tots but, other than that I try to avoid ketchup. Way too much sugar content for my diabetes.

I once ate an 18 topping foot long hot dog at an Indians game on Shin Soo Choo night.

I don’t judge. Put what you want on that bad boy.
18 toppings my lord 😅 Just out of curiosity, could you even taste the hotdog or was it just there for structural purposes?

Ketchup is nothing more than tomato flavored sugar. I generally will have a little sometimes with fries or tots but, other than that I try to avoid ketchup. Way too much sugar content for my diabetes.
Which is odd to me because I've never ever liked tomatoes, but loved ketchup. I grew up with country grandparents that would eat nothing but a salted slice of tomato as a snack. Couldn't stomach it.

I've only recently found Flavor Bomb baby tomatoes that, when cooked and burst open, on chicken or pizza are downright delicious.

Which is odd to me because I've never ever liked tomatoes, but loved ketchup. I grew up with country grandparents that would eat nothing but a salted slice of tomato as a snack. Couldn't stomach it.

I've only recently found Flavor Bomb baby tomatoes that, when cooked and burst open, on chicken or pizza are downright delicious.
"Husky" cherry tomatoes have the best flavor. Grew them from seed last year and we had a tomato vine jungle in our backyard. We had so many we had to start giving them away to our friends.

all day long. used to be a perfectly quaint Cuban joint behind the arcade in Asheville. Literally first time I ate there was their going out of biz week. Location was turrble.
Dang idk if you're talking about the place I'm thinking of, but now it's some type of pinball museum or some crap. The wife and I mourned when they went out of business.

The one I'm thinking of was across from the Civic Center and near the Basilica. Little Havana or something like that. It was a legit Cuban restaurant with pool tables. First place I ever had Yuca, Plantains, and Cuban sammiches. Their appetizer platter was a mind opener.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
"Husky" cherry tomatoes have the best flavor. Grew them from seed last year and we had a tomato vine jungle in our backyard. We had so many we had to start giving them away to our friends.
Whenever I see Grainger County maters in the store, it’s time to load up 😂 nothing better than a good tomato

Dang idk if you're talking about the place I'm thinking of, but now it's some type of pinball museum or some crap. The wife and I mourned when they went out of business.

The one I'm thinking of was across from the Civic Center and near the Basilica. Little Havana or something like that. It was a legit Cuban restaurant with pool tables. First place I ever had Yuca, Plantains, and Cuban sammiches. Their appetizer platter was a mind opener.
That's def it.

They had live Cuban music once or twice a week. Nice little seating area outside overlooking the Arcade, could see the Federal Courthouse. Its great too, as you could use Wall St parking garage and jump right back onto 26.

Reactions: Devo182
I'm big on the North Carolina style vinegar sauce. I want spice and tanginess. Yall can miss me with any bbq sauce that looks like ketchup.
I like the sauce, but the idea of putting Brunswick Stew over rice is just wrong. That may be just a South Carolina thing though.

Not a fan of ketchup on eggs personally. However, unlike some of the condiment Nazis on here that try to tell people how to accessorize their food, I wish you the best with your sammich. Enjoy my friend.
They hate condiments almost as much as they hate unchecked notifications

Reactions: Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back