Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys who leave 3 years out could do that. Zane would just be using his Covid year. I just disagree that Zane would consider that. He has leverage to negotiate the deal this year. He is who he is at this point. His age is not a wash in baseball when you spend several years trying to make the big leagues. Andrew Lindsey has another year available, too, but at age 23 now, I believe he’s gone as well.
You don’t rubber stamp your path to the big leagues by getting to the minors a year earlier. I’ll agree we disagree on everything.

Doubtful. Would have to be a national high school wrestling decision but they do change things around every few years. I remember when 98 was the smallest, then 103, now 106.

They should probably make a 110, cut the 113 and 106. Add 260 and 300 or 315. There's a lot of 240lb guys wrestling 285 and a lot of 315 guys dropping to 285 after football.
Lots of olinemen don't wrestle because they believe the lie they have to be 300+ to be any good. 106 & 113 are good but 125 needs to be taken out.
They're stupidly taking out 220 and making it 215 again. Tennessee is also deciding to keep it 14, go back to 12 or go to 13. For a small school going to 12 would be ideal but the larger schools will want to keep 14 so they don't have to deal with drama and 14 is more butts in seats at state

Reactions: SoilVol
inbf @Weezer recommends Michael Bolton.

I bet his real name is Michael Bolton...
tenor.gif

Cool cool cool

Old SEC (historical):

1) Bama
2) UT
3) UGA
4) Auburn
5) UF
6) LSU
7) Arky
8) TAMU
9) Ole Miss
10) USCjr
11) Miss St
12) UK
13) Mizzou
14) Vandy

New SEC:
1) Bama
2) Texas
3) OU
4) UT
...and the rest

Success since 2000:
1) Bama
2) UGA
3) OU
4) Texas
5) UF
6) LSU
7) Auburn
8) TAMU
9) UT
10) Miss St
11) USCjr
12) Ole Miss
13) Arky
14) UK
15) Mizzou
16) Vandy

Success since 2000:
1) Bama
2) UGA
3) OU
4) Texas
5) UF
6) LSU
7) Auburn
8) TAMU
9) UT
10) Miss St
11) USCjr
12) Ole Miss
13) Arky
14) UK
15) Mizzou
16) Vandy

Top 9 makes sense as a go forward forecast, although probably not in that order going forward.

I think OU drops like a lead ballon to middle of the pack or lower. LSU will rise near top. Tennessee honestly probably will be in bottom half of top 9, given access to talent relative to others, but any of those 9 can win the SEC any given year.

Folks at the bottom have absolutely no prayer in this arrangement.

I know we all hate him for selling cigarettes to kids, but David Ubben made a great point in a recent article. The run is coming to an end for a lot of these teams. Oklahoma isn't going to win 8 conference titles in 10 years. Texas isn't going to have 7 or even 5 10-win seasons in a row. 7-5 is about to be way more respectable than it was in the Big 12.

I know we all hate him for selling cigarettes to kids, but David Ubben made a great point in a recent article. The run is coming to an end for a lot of these teams. Oklahoma isn't going to win 8 conference titles in 10 years. Texas isn't going to have 7 or even 5 10-win seasons in a row. 7-5 is about to be way more respectable than it was in the Big 12.
Liked for the accuracy on David ubbens side dealings.

I don't hate Reed, but I know a lot of players and fans despise him...I'm not sure why specifically.
Because he's been caught cheating and he still complains to officials all the time to get relief

Look at the dates of all of these tweets. His career is him cheating

He also had a burner twitter account to try to call other golfers out for cheating.

He has threatened to sue players, fans

Last edited:
Doubtful. Would have to be a national high school wrestling decision but they do change things around every few years. I remember when 98 was the smallest, then 103, now 106.

They should probably make a 110, cut the 113 and 106. Add 260 and 300 or 315. There's a lot of 240lb guys wrestling 285 and a lot of 315 guys dropping to 285 after football.
Just my 2 cents, but they need 106 and maybe something smaller.
My freshman year we had 3 kids at 106 and they all weight....... 80, 92 and 75 ish.......you gotta give those kids a chance.

Lots of olinemen don't wrestle because they believe the lie they have to be 300+ to be any good. 106 & 113 are good but 125 needs to be taken out.
They're stupidly taking out 220 and making it 215 again. Tennessee is also deciding to keep it 14, go back to 12 or go to 13. For a small school going to 12 would be ideal but the larger schools will want to keep 14 so they don't have to deal with drama and 14 is more butts in seats at state
They need something in between 215 and HWT. Its way too wide of a weight class.

Reactions: Rishvol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back