Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure does feel like politicking rather than just letting the game play out.
It feels like certain media members are trying to end our run because they hate seeing us succeed. So they're lobbying for ticky tack fouls to be called. They're trying to get us out of our game.

Barnes is definitely ahead of Pearl in my eyes…. I was too young to follow basketball when Mears was our coach… I am not sure how I would have felt about the tourney when they only allowed 23-25 teams.The only reason I would keep Mears number one is bc of winning % and being so instrumental in starting our program… I have no issue with anyone thinking Barnes would be the best UT coach of all time with an elite eight…. I may change my mind tomm… it would really be a flip of the coin, imo.

Mears was responsible for the origin of the
1-3-1 zone defense. It’s a great defensive achievement. 😎

It's such a lazy storyline. Uros trucked filipowski a few times and got called for it. The entire rest of the game wasn't really a football game, it was a normal basketball game except for an accidental elbow on a rebound. People are using 4 plays that were ultra physical and acting like the entire game was like that. It's like if one play caused someone to bleed the entire game must have been a bloodbath. It wasn't that way. It's just a lazy narrative.

Typical ESPN

I never told anyone they were failures…. We failed to reach our goal… Yes…. 113 years we have failed to reach the goal which I feel like being the top 8 teams in the country is a huge accomplishment..You can always set goals low enough to where you can feel like a success. Isn’t that what this trophy generation about?

What if the goal was to win the SEC regular season or the SEC tournament. There’s some success there.

As a different example, Neyland didn’t care about the bowl games at all. His bowl game record compared to the regular season record was vastly different because of that. I would not consider a bowl loss in that era to really mean anything.

What does “he kept it skinny” mean?

airplane-movie.gif

Day 2 of Preliminary Exams for my PhD.

I got 3 more days of this academic hazing and today's will be a doozy 🥴

Wish me luck
What are preliminary exams? Thought it was a defense of dissertation, then hours upon hours of teaching graduate classes, research time, and presentations at some academic conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back