Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tis basketball. Droughts and streaks. We've shot terribly the last 2 - even on wide open shots.

And yet we've had streaks where we looked amazing.

It happens. Just have to hope March is our streak period. Gotta get out of our heads.
I'm sure we'll get our shot back but not in the NCAA tourney. We're cursed in that thing

I absolutely agree that officiating is terrible. Where we differ is that I recognize it is terrible for every team in every sport. Every single fan base things the games are rigged against them. AUB board prob losing it right now about the same game everyone here just watched.
There are not many that say it's rigged. I mostly just say it's very bad.

giphy.gif
1081l2F7uGjkK4.gif

The majority of the time, the missed calls you notice are the ones against your own team. That's just being a fan. I noticed a lot of times we were fouled, and it wasn't called. The only time I noticed Auburn was fouled and it wasn't called was that last shot.

You trying to get a gig with Knoxville media?
He just like to think he's better because he thinks he's objective. Problem is he just accepts that it's not biased. They count on people like him , Marco, and devo to not question it. If you break the last 30 seconds down, Auburn fouled several times to get the ball on the inbounds uncluding several holds and two pushes with the refs letting them go. They also allowed Auburn players to come right over JJs back to get a tip in bucket. 60 seconds earlier they called the Vols for the same foul. Then on the last play there were two illegal screens not called before the guy got the last shot off. They blindly accept the refs would never favor one team but they absolutely gave Auburn every chance. Whether it was intentional or not, I don't know.

Moving screen before the shot. Dude was still moving at the shot to block ZZ.
Not at all. It was fine ans happens hundreds of times a game.

It anything, you'd argue the screen on Phillips.

But the foul was pretty clear at the end. He stepped into the shooter's space. But hell I'll take it 🤣

What's sad, and really matters, is we never should have let it get to that point with 1 min left. Terrible execution down the stretch.

Win's a win. Move on. Onward and upward.

He just like to think he's better because he thinks he's objective. Problem is he just accepts that it's not biased. They count on people like him , Marco, and devo to not question it. If you break the last 30 seconds down, Auburn fouled several times to get the ball on the inbounds uncluding several holds and two pushes with the refs letting them go. They also allowed Auburn players to come right over JJs back to get a tip in bucket. 60 seconds earlier they called the Vols for the same foul. Then on the last play there were two illegal screens not called before the guy got the last shot off. They blindly accept the refs would never favor one team but they absolutely gave Auburn every chance. Whether it was intentional or not, I don't know.
They didn't give Auburn every chance. I agree they let a lot go, but if they gave Auburn every chance, they would have called that last foul and let them shoot 3 FTs. They just swallowed the whistle entirely at the end.

They didn't give Auburn every chance. I agree they let a lot go, but if they gave Auburn every chance, they would have called that last foul and let them shoot 3 FTs. They just swallowed the whistle entirely at the end.
They did. Go watch the last min. Not calling last foul doesn't mean they didn't benefit auburn. They held viscovi all night, would not let him come off screens.

They did. Go watch the last min. Not calling last foul doesn't mean they didn't benefit auburn. They held viscovi all night, would not let him come off screens.
I'm not disagreeing that they let Auburn foul the hell out of us, but they also let us foul Auburn at the end with no call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back