Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched part of every basketball game all year and I think that’s the first time I’ve seen Mashack score.
You haven't been watching. He has been much improved. Might be the player with the most "dog" in him and now isn't afraid to drive to the basket or shoot. He is going to be a legend by the time he's a senior.

I haven't looked at individual matchups yet, but on paper I think we are a bad matchup for Alabama, rather than the other way around.

Tennessee and Alabama have the exact same FG and 3PT percentages. The difference is that Bama is shooting more and getting more possessions while we limit the possessions.

We force more turnovers than we give up. Bama loses more turnovers than they get. Our assist margin is way bigger (17.4 Vols - 8.6 opp ; 14.7 Bama - 10.3 opp). Rebounding is a scratch it looks like. Our margin of victory is also higher.

We average 74.3 and allow 54.4 (19.9 pts). Bama averages 84.1 and allows 69.0 (15.1 pts).

It's going to be a great game. Especially if we are shooting well.

Idk how much I believe this notion that the Vols can't score enough against high scoring teams. I watched them score at will and drop 100 on Gonzaga. Yes, an exhibition game - but not meaningless.

Our basketball team is the exact opposite of football. Football's philosophy is to play as many plays as possible and dare the opponent to catch up. Basketball's philosophy is like Georgia football. Limit possessions and force the opponent to have very little time of possession. And much like Georgia, the offense doesn't always output at as high a level as they can, but they rarely need to.
As a Gonzaga fan, their defense is trash this year. They let Pacific score 90 against them.

Tennessee certainly has a high ceiling on offense because they can score at all 3 levels with 7 or 8 guys. It's the inconsistency that's a killer. They just don't have a guy you truly trust to beat teams one on one, which happens all the time in the tourney where there's not as much time to tailor the game plan to specific opponents.

Beautiful prayer. Would like to add my request for our 30 yr old daughter. She is ICU with severe preeclampsia and her body is in septic shock. They have her on opiates for the pain. Wife is with her as we adopted her at birth (wife held her before birth mother) and wife is having a difficult time as my daughter told her she thinks she is dying. Today is my daughter’s birthday and I can’t be there as I am taking care of her 9 yr old son who we adopted 5 years ago. Thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated for daughter, wife, son and myself for these trying times. Firm believer in the power of prayer 🙏

Any update here? This one hit me in the gut. Hoping for the best for all y’all.

Dear Lord,
There are several prayer requests presented before this group to ask for your intercession in times of uncertainty, pain, heartache and need for healing
I thank you for instilling a boldness to share troubles and concerns. I thank you for using these to draw us closer as a community, even with differences.
Lord, I pray over these requests that your healing, grace, comfort and peace can be poured out abundantly over those who seek it.
Lord, I ask not that you will withhold, but that you will give out of your love and generosity that without your son we would not be able to ask for.
I ask to see miracles done, lives restored, and healing for those in this group that have pleaded it. But in all cases, may your will be done and may you use us to advance your kingdom and tell of your goodness.
In your Jesus' name, amen.
thanks man, good stuff

Bama missed out on Drake Maye and Sam Hartman in the portal. Damn shame. Who is their QB? They don’t have one with anything proven. Milroe is an athlete playing QB. If you take Bryce Young off of this past team they are 8-4.

I hope that’s true! Would be wild to beat them two years in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back