Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better drink another. Stoops won HIS NC in his SECOND SEASON.
just finished. should be good to go now...........
giphy.gif

He's not being a preacher in here though, he's being a fan on a message board. A mostly anonymous message board where he chose to voluntarily to share his story. As far as I'm concerned, he can say pretty much whatever the hell he wants.

That’s your opinion. Everyone of us should have some standards. There has to be some civility.

I have told people what I do, and sometimes, I type stuff I shouldn’t. But for the most part, I try to remain civil because I have a job and am a professional.

Being a fan doesn’t mean we shouldn’t attempt to to get along. I guess you are giving every fan a right to say as they please but, name calling is more than being a “fan.” Difference of opinion.

There's no question a program with Tennessee's history, passion and resources can get back. We're at the crossroads right now. A hit year removes the doubt holding us back. We'd sign a big recruiting class, and the roster would be almost fully turned. It would be redeeming for players and incredibly healing for the fanbase. A miss year would create doubt. We'd miss on recruits we really need and it would be demoralizing for players and fans. An average year would net average results.

Stakes are high in Year 2. A lot of recruits are waiting to see how it goes.

He's not being a preacher in here though, he's being a fan on a message board. A mostly anonymous message board where he chose to voluntarily to share his story. As far as I'm concerned, he can say pretty much whatever the hell he wants.

This is not a gripe about my life, but just a fact of my existence....Outside of my immediate family, my siblings and in laws, this is literally the only place I can just be a regular guy. I value that immensely.

There will come a time when I outgrow the need for that, but I have not reached that particular level of sainthood yet. I hope to grow in temperance, I already have a lot, but I still have a long way to go. With Gods grace and mercy I will become more like Jesus as I go along.

I don't understand why God called a guy like me sometimes, but an old minister mentor of mine, one of my heroes of faith, told me when I asked him early in my ministry that very question..."Jesus chose 12 very ordinary flawed men to spread his Gospel to the world, and the three that he was the closest to, the only ones he took with him to the Mountain of Transfiguration and the Garden of Gethsemane...Peter, James and John, were the most flawed of them all, they were temperamental rough men with Peter being the worst of them all, and yet he was able to use them to change the world"

Of course they did not stay that way, but the transformative power of the Gospel is best illustrated by those men Jesus chose to preach it. I have been miraculously transformed by him already, but he is not finished with me yet.

That’s your opinion. Everyone of us should have some standards. There has to be some civility.

I have told people what I do, and sometimes, I type stuff I shouldn’t. But for the most part, I try to remain civil because I have a job and am a professional.

Being a fan doesn’t mean we shouldn’t attempt to to get along. I guess you are giving every fan a right to say as they please. Difference of opinion.

Just don't say someone or something on here offends you. I have zero time for that.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
He called VolFanInMo a dickhead...who retaliated with Mcgill’s resume...and Catbone’s alternate chimed in...😴

solid cliffs, the "dickhead" came in a reply to a somewhat out of left field and easily read as hostile reply VolFanInMo made to a pretty mild post by McGill that wasn't aimed at anyone specifically (the type that usually just kind of gets glossed over ya know?)

Is buchannon the one with the spinal issue? Just saw on SEC scroll he’s questionable for the season.
If it’s truly spinal stenosis? He’s done. We know about Cooper Manning, how about HOF Michael Irvin. Accidentally diagnosed after an injury against Philly...never played another snap.

And I, for one, am thankful we have an OC that will do this. He knows how the whole offense is suppose to run and how to coach each position. This is only a good thing as it helps this offense get on the right track even more quickly. He's doing his job so Imma just sit back with a protein shake and a box of cheeze-its and

giphy.gif

I, for one, would rather have a carnival barker on a mic interrupting practice for 1vs1 competitions while the entire team stands around taking a mental rep. /blue font

I have no idea what you just said
Brian rice is the cohost with Erik Ainge. He used to work in the AD.

Boomer is a personality for CBS(used to be the NYG QB) and they have a sports minute update every now and then. Today he spoke on the list that came out about buyouts and Tennessee had the most. He then labeled the payments as coming out of taxpayer money, which is inaccurate with Tennessee. I brought that inaccuracy to Brian and he went off on the radio about it. :)

It comes out of AD revenue and donations btw. Completely separate from state and federal money

Last edited:

Being a fan doesn’t mean we shouldn’t attempt to to get along. I guess you are giving every fan a right to say as they please but, name calling is more than being a “fan.” Difference of opinion.

I mean it really didn't get "heated" until McGill said he was going to put the guy on ignore, that seemed to be what set it all off.

I see we’re having the quarterly McGill discussion. He’s a good dude. He also reacts to the extreme a lot and gets extra pissy. The later in the season it happens, the better we’re doing.
Hey...I'm doing better..give me some credit, but if we get beat by Vandy again...🤬

There's no question a program with Tennessee's history, passion and resources can get back. We're at the crossroads right now. A hit year removes the doubt holding us back. We'd sign a big recruiting class, and the roster would be almost fully turned. It would be redeeming for players and incredibly healing for the fanbase. A miss year would create doubt. We'd miss on recruits we really need and it would be demoralizing for players and fans. An average year would net average results.

yep. i have thought this 2009, 2012, 2014, 15, and 16.

and we've yet to really make a mark that lasts. and we've had more than our fair share of opportunities to do so.

this year provides another set of those opportunities, and at some point......don't we finally do something, good, that we're not supposed to? give folks a reason to raise an eyebrow?

Reactions: LA Vol

i just remember losing that OU game in 2015 and looking at my wife and saying "these are the types of games we have to find a way to win if we're ever going to get back to where we want to be, can't keep being "close".....can't just be competitive...at some point we have to win games like this"

and it's basically been that way for just waaay too long.

This is not a gripe about my life, but just a fact of my existence....Outside of my immediate family, my siblings and in laws, this is literally the only place I can just be a regular guy. I value that immensely.

There will come a time when I outgrow the need for that, but I have not reached that particular level of sainthood yet. I hope to grow in temperance, I already have a lot, but I still have a long way to go. With Gods grace and mercy I will become more like Jesus as I go along.

I don't understand why God called a guy like me sometimes, but an old minister mentor of mine, one of my heroes of faith, told me when I asked him early in my ministry that very question..."Jesus chose 12 very ordinary flawed men to spread his Gospel to the world, and the three that he was the closest to, the only ones he took with him to the Mountain of Transfiguration and the Garden of Gethsemane...Peter, James and John, were the most flawed of them all, they were temperamental rough men with Peter being the worst of them all, and yet he was able to use them to change the world"

Of course they did not stay that way, but the transformative power of the Gospel is best illustrated by those men Jesus chose to preach it. I have been miraculously transformed by him already, but he is not finished with me yet.

Good post

Best we can do is continue to sign 25 every year. That means continuing to weed out and replace players to upgrade the roster. We did a lot of that this year and we'll see even more transfers and retirements after the season. Every year, the depth quality will go up and in a few years, we won't have to sign 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back