Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's going to be a commit today or tomorrow or really sometime soon but I can't tell you who it is because i'm not an insider but i am kinda an insider because there's a story about this mystery recruit that will commit sometime in the next 30 days that's awesome trust me
An actual insider has to post in VQ before it can be copied and pasted here, lol.

There's going to be a commit today or tomorrow or really sometime soon but I can't tell you who it is because i'm not an insider but i am kinda an insider because there's a story about this mystery recruit that will commit sometime in the next 30 days that's awesome trust me
You seem abnormally bitter about this😅
What's so crazy about him knowing of 1 recruit? even a blind Bass finds a worm on occasion...or something like that.

We'll see. We've underestimated Barnes before. I suspect we may be again. Even though, hard to replace that much production in one year. We don't have the quality depth that the successful programs have to overcome that much attrition, yet.

Did he or someone give any specific reasons he chose those numb-nutz? That's just a weird decision based on last year... what does FL have that made him pick them over so many other better opps? Straight Cash Money?

You seem abnormally bitter about this😅
What's so crazy about him knowing of 1 recruit? even a blind Bass finds a worm on occasion...or something like that.
I can't tell if he's actually bitter or just giving Bass a hard time because Bass has said some of the same things about certain insiders in the past.

Did he or someone give any specific reasons he chose those numb-nutz? That's just a weird decision based on last year... what does FL have that made him pick them over so many other better opps? Straight Cash Money?
I'm not surprised by Blackshear at all. Florida returns a ton of talent, has a top 10 class incoming, is in his backyard so family can easily come watch him play, and Mike White's style of offense is similar to what he's played under Buzz for 4 seasons so less of a learning curve. I think us being full hurt as well, hard to tell a guy he's the "missing piece" when we have to git shirt someone to even get him on scholarship.

I actually think Barnes & Co. already knew he wasn't likely coming here and that's why Bailey was taken. The media fanned the flames that Florida was out of the mix, despite Florida media outlets as far back as April saying he would be a gator.

I just think the fact Blackshear had his best season at VA Tech, and VA Tech had it's best season under Buzz and he still didn't even get an invite to the NBA combine says a lot. I'm just reaching my own conclusions here, but I think Kerry felt that he likely wouldn't have a great shot to get drafted, and wasn't guaranteed to be playing ball next year at all so he took the chance to return for a grad transfer year and play close to home.

Reactions: volinbama256
Women’s golf team actually
maxresdefault.jpg

Ill allow it

I can't tell if he's actually bitter or just giving Bass a hard time because Bass has said some of the same things about certain insiders in the past.
Don't know but there's like 3 other posts. I believe he may be serious, below is one. But I'm just playing around either way.

This is BS and you deserve to be called out on it. Whatever recruit announces is the one you had info on I guess.

If it ain't Blackshear, we don't need em.

Sounds like Blackshear thought he would have the best season at UF-- and be closer to home. Probably wasn't a big surprise to Barnes. When family starts pulling a recruit another way and communication changes, it's generally not good.

Top 3-5 salary and NIT do not belong in same conversation.

To be fair, we're undefeated at this point. Why sell Barnes down the river before the season even starts? Cause he missed on a grad transfer no one thought we were even pursuing in May?

I don't know why people think this team is falling apart to NIT level. His best recruiting class, returns 2 seniors with tons of minutes & points and has another off-season to develop the youth already on the roster.

I got us around 22 wins right now, just based on what returns what's incoming and the staff's ability to develop and coach. We'll see though, I'm less optimistic if Plavsic isn't eligible.

7 of our 13 scholarship players on roster are underclassmen, so even if it's a full on NIT rebuild season the future is bright.

Reactions: hooter vol
To be fair, we're undefeated at this point. Why sell Barnes down the river before the season even starts? Cause he missed on a grad transfer no one thought we were even pursuing in May?

I don't know why people think this team is falling apart to NIT level. His best recruiting class, returns 2 seniors with tons of minutes & points and has another off-season to develop the youth already on the roster.

I got us around 22 wins right now, just based on what returns what's incoming and the staff's ability to develop and coach. We'll see though, I'm less optimistic if Plavsic isn't eligible.

7 of our 13 scholarship players on roster are underclassmen, so even if it's a full on NIT rebuild season the future is bright.
Who’s selling him anywhere?

Sorry but the expectations should be very high now. He raised them. I have faith Barnes will win. NIT should not be in the conversation though. We will see how this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back