Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints still had chance to play defense and stop rams. Then had ball first in overtime. You can only blame a bad call so much when you had two chances to still win and failed. Who is to say rams don't score a td knowing they need a td instead of a FG. It isn't like a td there makes it game over. Still would have been one score game

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Saints still had chance to play defense and stop rams. Then had ball first in overtime. You can only blame a bad call so much when you had two chances to still win and failed. Who is to say rams don't score a td knowing they need a td instead of a FG. It isn't like a td there makes it game over. Still would have been one score game
Found the Rams fan.

Hmmm, would like a comparison of that to AL during regular season.

On my Facebook feed there is a huge and annoying Bama and Saints fan that says he is boycotting the super bowl because the officiating is rigged. I’m really tempted to post the MSU missed fumble and phantom block in the back and bogus targeting calls that benefitted Bama this year.

And similarly if Dee Ford didn't line up offsides we'd be talking about a great second half performance by the Chiefs defense and Tom being a loser throwing 3 picks

3 knees & a FG / would’ve then left 0-20 seconds on the clock. You’re being obtuse if you don’t think that non-call changed the outcome of the game. (& I say that as someone who is not a fan of Sean Payton - tho I like Brees & of course AK!)

3 knees & a FG / would’ve then left 0-20 seconds on the clock. You’re being obtuse if you don’t think that non-call changed the outcome of the game. (& I say that as someone who is not a fan of Sean Payton - tho I like Brees & of course AK!)

JMO but I don't think the Saint kneel on it. I know Peyton said they would have but I think they would have scored a TD there

I still can't get over that...that one somehow makes me angrier than the obviously missed PI call lol
Maybe because Ford had no other impact on the snap whatsoever...yet was two yards offside. It’s like the hold on the other side of the field that wipes out a 79 yard TD.

Reactions: BigOrange15
Not a rookie qb.

Okay, you got me....he's in his 2nd year and his first playoff experience in the NFL....

How well did Manning and crew fare against Belichek in his first few tries....

Mahomes played well in 2nd half, but did make some mistakes to cost his team a FG attempt.

And I love Eric Berry, but he was absolutely mugging Gronk all night long and never got called for it.

Reactions: SmokinBob
The time was what made the game over. The Rams would have one timeout and only 1:45 left on the clock. After calling a timeout on first down the saints could kneel down twice and kick a go ahead fg with approx 15 seconds left of game time. That leaves the Rams 15 seconds and no timeouts effectively ending the game. The refs no matter any way you look at it cost the saints a trip to the super bowl

We're not dealing in HYPOTHETICALS here. I wanted the Rams to win, BUT what ACTUALLY happened on the field is that the REFS blew the call that would've given the Saints a 1st and 10 with the Rams holding on to 1 time-out. At the very least the Saints run the clock out and line up for a GW field goal.

Any way you look at it, the Saints got hosed.

Does anyone know of any recruits that are still targets that are "highly sought after" other than Wright (five star) and To'too (5 star)??? I know we signed most or a big bulk of our players in December. Are there any other out there. That are possible flips or leaning in our direction, because I don't see in on their target list.

Refs are human, they make mistakes, but I’m tired of seeing refs decide games, especially championships. It should be the Saints in the Super Bowl. Can’t remember what analyst tweeted it out but he said he won’t be surprised if in the next 2-3 years the review process will be able to review penalties as well. It’s going to slow the game down which will suck, but it honestly might be best.

Refs are human, they make mistakes, but I’m tired of seeing refs decide championships. It should be the Saints in the Super Bowl. Can’t remember what analyst tweeted it out but he said he won’t be surprised if in the next 2-3 years the review process will be able to review penalties as well. It’s going to slow the game down which will suck, but it honestly might be best.

I'd be fine with that. They already review certain penalties in the CFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back