Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
105 is their cheapest and add fees on top of that, I know it's wishful thinking but that's a bit more than I want to pay
Its the only place left with tickets. You may show up and buy from a scalper but other than that, your only other option is someone on here selling but i think this is a game you're not gonna wanna miss. At least i hope it turns out that way.

Reactions: JCP201
Former Florida receiver Chris Doering sees a huge flaw in both the Gators and Tennessee ā€“ and the concern comes from the same area: Offensive line.

The SEC Network analyst doesnā€™t think either team is good up front.

ā€œHeading into the season, I had convinced myself that (Tennesseeā€™s) offensive line was going to be better,ā€™ā€™ Doering said recently at the Knoxville Quarterback Club.

Doering said injuries contributed to UTā€™s inconsistent offensive line play last year. But this season, he expected guys like highly recruited right tackle Drew Richmond to be much better. Watching tape of UTā€™s O-line against East Tennessee State was alarming for Doering.

ā€œYou get down to the red zone and everyone starts making a mistake,ā€™ā€™ Doering said. ā€œOne of the worst things you can have happen ā€“ whether youā€™re talking about a run play or a pass play ā€“ is penetration up front.ā€™ā€™

Doering said he saw linemen too often with their backs turned to the line of scrimmage, looking at their quarterback.

ā€œThat is never a good position for a lineman to be in,ā€™ā€™ Doering said.

Doering said left tackle Trey Smith, who had a ā€œgreat year as a freshman,ā€™ā€™ isnā€™t playing that well.

ā€œMaybe itā€™s from the time off ā€¦ but I see him getting beat, using bad technique and not necessarily having that same imposing presence that he had last year,ā€™ā€™ Doering said.

ā€œI didnā€™t see a lot of urgency from those guys to be physical against a defensive line they should have dominated.ā€™ā€™

Doering thinks Florida has the same concerns.

ā€œThe (Florida) offensive line is not very good, in my opinion,ā€™ā€™ Doering said. ā€œEveryone talks about them returning all five starters from last year, but those five starters gave up 36 sacks which was 13th in the conference. Theyā€™re still very inconsistent at protecting the quarterback.ā€™ā€™

Doering also noted the Gators couldnā€™t run the football well against FCS Charleston Southern or Kentucky.

Doering also isnā€™t sold on Gator QB Feleipe Franks.

ā€œThe quarterback is very limited in what he can do,ā€™ā€™ Doering said. ā€œI donā€™t think he processes information very well. I donā€™t think he puts air under the ball and gives his receivers an opportunity.

ā€œThereā€™s a lot of talent at running back and receiver, but if you canā€™t protect up front, if you canā€™t get someone off the line of scrimmage, all that talent is a moot point.

ā€œSo they are going to struggle offensively this season and itā€™s going to be tough until they can securer things up front.ā€™ā€™

On the flip side, Doering has grown fond of Vols quarterback Jarrett Guarantano, who has completed 72 percent of his passes while splitting time with Keller Chryst.

Doering said he wasnā€™t impressed with Guarantano last year, in part because of his ā€œbody languageā€™ā€™ during the opener against Georgia Tech last season.

ā€œBut I was impressed at the end of last year with his toughness and competitiveness,ā€™ā€™ Doering said. ā€œI think heā€™s come a long way and (offensive coordinator) Tyson Helton and the coaching staff have done a good job with him, so Iā€™m really excited about what he brings. I think he throws the deep ball really well.ā€™ā€™

Actually, Guarantano probably throws the short and immediate ball better.

Doering said one of UTā€™s strengths is the receiving corps. Doering thinks UT needs to get the ball more to Marquez Callaway.

Doering also likes UT at running back, led by Ty Chandler and Tim Jordan.

Doering is high on UT defensive tackle Shy Tuttle.

ā€œHeā€™s fast, athletic, penetrating, and really a guy that is fun to watch,ā€™ā€™ Doering said.

Doering said he is ā€œnot as worried about the secondaryā€™ā€™ as some other people. He said West Virginia has one of the best passing attacks in the country and that three of the Mountaineers TD passes against the Vols came when the Vols pressured and West Virginia got matchups against UTā€™s safeties.

UT allowed just 39 passing yards on 9 of 23 completions against UTEP, but the Miners are the opposite of West Virginia when it comes to passing efficiency.

Doering said defense has always been a strong suit for Florida but he said the Gators are thin at linebacker and cornerback and didnā€™t have their best linebacker (David Reese) against Kentucky and their best corner (Marco Wilson) is out for the season with a knee injury. The Gators have moved receiver Dre Massey to the secondary to compensate for losing four defensive backs.

Doering thinks the Gators are in trouble this season.

ā€œI said before the year, if they lost to Kentucky, they are going to come up here and lose to (Tennessee),ā€™ā€™ Doering said.

ā€œThey just donā€™t have the leadership. They donā€™t have guys on that team that know how to compete. ā€¦. I thought going into the year Florida might win seven games. I think itā€™s probably going to be fortunate for them to get to that six win mark.ā€™ā€™

Jimmyā€™s blog: Doering picks Vols to beat Gators | WNML-AF

Its the only place left with tickets. You may show up and buy from a scalper but other than that, your only other option is someone on here selling but i think this is a game you're not gonna wanna miss. At least i hope it turns out that way.

I agree I think it will be a crazy atmosphere, but I just can't talk myself into these prices, I hope those who go have fun, but 105 is too much for me

Saw where Barrett Sale picked us too. Bad Omen, imo,....BVS, the struggle is real.

Not sure what is happening to my fandom but I am not worked up over this game this year. I see it as very similar to our home games with Kentucky and Mizzou. Winnable and could go either way, and should be a lot of fun to watch. Hate the Gators but Iā€™m just not scared of them anymore.

I personally think we get it done. I think the home atmosphere pushes our boys over the top.

All the chills.

Related: got a wild hair and up and decided I was driving up from Baton Rouge to catch this game. What made it crazier was that I convinced my Pops to come with me. Planning on hitting up Calhounā€™s to see @marker912 before. Yā€™all drop your tailgating spots so we can compare Baton Rouge / Knoxville tailgating :)

If I find a karaoke machine on Saturday itā€™s over.

Not sure what is happening to my fandom but I am not worked up over this game this year. I see it as very similar to our home games with Kentucky and Mizzou. Winnable and could go either way, and should be a lot of fun to watch. Hate the Gators but Iā€™m just not scared of them anymore.

I personally think we get it done. I think the home atmosphere pushes our boys over the top.

I was like that earlier in the week, but now I am going the other way. The tension is building. I think its the lose this game and we are guaranteed a 5-7 campaign, at best. But then again, if we don't go bowling, it's ok, we are transition year.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I agree I think it will be a crazy atmosphere, but I just can't talk myself into these prices, I hope those who go have fun, but 105 is too much for me

I havenā€™t been to a home game in a couple of years, but face value canā€™t be much less than 105. I would guess 75-85.

banking on name brand value. and that it is nearly sold out.

it's not usual to still have tickets available thru the ticket office for this game.

even more unusual that 3rd party sites have some cheaper than the UT ticket office.

definitely weird. if i was able to, i'd go.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back