Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read Simonton’s notes from the scrimmage.

- if JG had such a hold/lead on the QB battle he would get the most reps. That hasn’t happened in either.

-flowers, Thompson, and Taylor will play a lot. In the secondary

-thought Jordan was the best back. Chandler and London were fine.

-Jennings did look good.

-i think Jamir only plays if Trey is at guard. Which is what i think will ultimately happen.

I just read Simonton’s notes from the scrimmage.

- if JG had such a hold/lead on the QB battle he would get the most reps. That hasn’t happened in either.

-flowers, Thompson, and Taylor will play a lot. In the secondary

-thought Jordan was the best back. Chandler and London were fine.

-Jennings did look good.

-i think Jamir only plays if Trey is at guard. Which is what i think will ultimately happen.
It seems like kcs reps went down this scrimmage. Is McBride the starter now cause he got more reps in a scrimmage than before?

Look..I did this all last weekend, and I'm not doing it again. I may be wrong about how putrid the offense is going to be with Chryst, and IF he is the starter I hope I am..But I will have to see that to believe it.

I just want somebody to play well at QB.

We don’t have a top tier QB on roster so it’s goinh to come down to who they trust more to do the small things better more often.

It seems like kcs reps went down this scrimmage. Is McBride the starter now cause he got more reps in a scrimmage than before?
They did. But that’s what I’m saying. If their was a clear cut front runner (whoever it may be) like VQ guys are saying. Why wouldnt they give him the most 1s reps.

Reactions: The Dog
See that is where we differ. I am not sure KC is "beating out" anybody. I think it has been an uphill battle for JG since Helton brought KC in.

And that is where we differ. That assumption is based on nothing but hope and preconceived notions regarding JG. He has shown nothing to warrant that hope. I guarantee you your ideas of an uphill battle is misplaced. His uphill battle is not because the coaches "want" KC to start. His uphill battle is because he has not been very good and these coaches push for excellence. They will play the QB that they think gives them the best chance to win that game on that day.

Praying to God you meant to say wife.
Gentlemen of a certain age often refer to their wives as Mom, Momma, or Mother if their wives have children. It’s more of a southern thing, I think.
And then there’s “my baby Momma” which literally means the Mother of your child.
Hope that helped.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Gentlemen of a certain age often refer to their wives as Mom, Momma, or Mother if their wives have children. It’s more of a southern thing, I think.
And then there’s “my baby Momma” which literally means the Mother of your child.
Hope that helped.

My mother’s my sister

I don't doubt BJ did some bad stuff. Stupid stuff. At the same time, there is no way you take Mcdaniel at face value revealing 100% truth. He had lots of issues coming out of HS and they have continued.
I agree. Doesn't even make sense. Not going to kick him off the team because he's playing too good but trying to catch him slipping up so he can kick him off the team.

Well, which is it?

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
I agree. Doesn't even make sense. Not going to kick him off the team because he's playing too good but trying to catch him slipping up so he can kick him off the team.

Well, which is it?

So we are led to believe that cops busted up in somebody's dorm room (presumably got tipped off?) and found nothing. So in response BJ decides to kick off the team one of the players that was in the room where nothing illegal was found. Oh yea, he scratched his head when the cops were there. That's probably why he did it. Makes sense now.

Pretty serious allegations against butch. Daniels claims that butch used the UTPD as his own police force. Said butch sent cops to his dorm room to try to get him in trouble so he’d be kicked of the team
I read about a paranoid schizophrenic once. This sounds familiar.

Hope that helped.
Oh I know, it's just that it's Bruin so I have to give him a hard time :)

I don't doubt BJ did some bad stuff. Stupid stuff. At the same time, there is no way you take Mcdaniel at face value revealing 100% truth. He had lots of issues coming out of HS and they have continued.

I believe him till Butch speaks on it. To ridiculous to be fake

I expect this offense to be a run heavy, play action pass team. I don't necessarily think that the better skill set at qb will win the job. I think it will be which qb has the better grasp of the offense and which qb can manage it better. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see KC start the game. I think they'll want to take time off the clock and limit the opposing team's possessions. Try to make it a four quarter game and may the tougher team win. I think Pruitt wants his team to be the toughest.
I agree, but this means it is imperative not to have negative plays on first and second down. If we get into a 2nd and 12 or 3rd and 7 or more, it will be tough for us to convert.

IIRC, wasn’t the coach already a monk but gave it up a few years before the incident? I think I read he became one because he lost his parents and the monestary basically opened up their arms and took him in. He actually had the boys doing heavy meditation in the caves to keep them calm and conserve energy and strength.
All Buddhist boys here are generally supposed to do a bit of time as a monk, maybe a couple of weeks. If you go through something difficult, you should do it as well as a safety thing. Yes, he had them using breathing practices to conserve air, but I’m not sure how much time he spent as a monk previously

Reactions: UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back