Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the same token, won't it also come down to defensive coaching in the 4th quarter? And we seemingly have the big edge in that department.

I think it's going to be a defensive game where an offensive playcall is going to be the difference. Maybe even a trick play. I don't think it's the type of game you will be able to point a finger at the defense and say they lost it

Reactions: volsagain
Stop me if you’ve heard this before. Will West just picked us to lose by two touchdowns

That dude is such an idiot. Complete hack. If you're going for the troll pick of UF to rile up the fan base fine, but at least have a half-way intelligent take. UF is NOT better than UT by 2 TDs. I'll bet Will West a lifetime supply of vape juice that we do not lose by 2 TDs.

I'm confident that the Vols will win. If I had to handicap it right now, I'd expect the final score to be along the lines of 24-20 for the Vols. If Florida wins, it's not because they boat-raced us. It's because we turned the ball over more than they did. Felipe Franks will throw at least 1 INT. Very confident of this happening. If we can keep JG upright and off his back, I think he has shown that he can play mistake free ball this season. If the offensive line can't give him pass pro, then the odds skyrocket that he'll turn the ball over, and that puts us in a very difficult situation to win. This game will come down to whichever team makes the least mistakes, along with field position and special teams (namely successfully converting field goals, UF missing their field goals, and flipping the field during punt situations).

Reactions: rekinhavoc
What is everyone's reaction going to be if we completely dominate this game on both sides of the ball from start to finish like Cal 2006? Do you think we finally turned a corner or Florida is just that bad?
On the flip side, what is everyone's reaction if we get dominated the entire game and lose badly? Florida is better than we thought, or we're really just that bad and going to be a really long season?

I’m spoiled because we stay with my wife’s family when going to games in Knoxville, but the few times we have gotten a room it’s usually somewhere close but cheap like Crossville.

Staying in Montgomery for the Auburn game for same reason.
My brother-in-law and I are going to the Auburn game, too. We should try to meet up, as well as any other posters on here who are going.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
The Doubletree in Oak Ridge is a secret weapon of mine. Not outrageous and close to west Knoxville for Friday night dinner.
Hush up! Quit giving out the good secrets! We stay in Oak Ridge as well when we come up for a game. It’s perfect.

Umm...the most it has ever cost me to go to a game at Neyland is 150$, and that was when I lived in Florida. You can sacrifice a lot of extraneous stuff, and find ways to save money by going in with other folks on gas, and not eating extravagantly, and not taking kids or wives that don't really give a crap about football, my son and me usually go and that is it. I just go to experience a game at Neyland with my fellow Vols, not the whole expensive extravagant mini-vaca. You save that for bowl games.

The experience of Neyland has to be passed down to the next generations. Just like how I experienced my first games, I am taking my 8 year old to his first one for homecoming. I want my son to enjoy what I fell in love with. Even going for homecoming (not as intense and other activities) with my son and my Dad will cost $600+. Two nights in a hotel, game tickets, gas from Memphis, and just reasonable food. Just wait until he falls in love with it and wants to go to UT-Bama in 2020, and the tickets are through the roof. It gets expensive for families, but it's something that I will spend the money to enjoy.

What is everyone's reaction going to be if we completely dominate this game on both sides of the ball from start to finish like Cal 2006? Do you think we finally turned a corner or Florida is just that bad?
On the flip side, what is everyone's reaction if we get dominated the entire game and lose badly? Florida is better than we thought, or we're really just that bad and going to be a really long season?
I think if we beat UF then we go to a bowl game and the season is considered a success. Having said that, either way the next 3 games after UF we are probably going to get beat handily and it will seem like a long season. If we lose to UF then it’s very difficult to get to a bowl game IMO and that really hurts as we miss out on the extra practice time.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Don't like this. Noticed JG kinda forcing it to Callaway at times..
Some of those targets need to start going #15's way. All of the team and all of VolNation can feed off JJ's energy LIKE NO OTHER. Last WK, the loudest the place got and came alive, was when JJ scored, and then blew a kiss to all of us. We have to start looking his way, and get the ball into his hands. It NEEDS to start tomorrow night.

Some of those targets need to start going #15's way. All of the team and all of VolNation can feed off JJ's energy LIKE NO OTHER. Last WK, the loudest the place got and came alive, was when JJ scored, and then blew a kiss to all of us. We have to start looking his way, and get the ball into his hands. It NEEDS to start tomorrow night.
I’d like to see the wildcat with #15.

I think if we beat UF then we go to a bowl game and the season is considered a success. Having said that, either way the next 3 games after UF we are probably going to get beat handily and it will seem like a long season. If we lose to UF then it’s very difficult to get to a bowl game IMO and that really hurts as we miss out on the extra practice time.

That's the obvious, most likely scenario and not really what I was asking.

I would be far more surprised if Florida dominates than if we do.

I’m spoiled because we stay with my wife’s family when going to games in Knoxville, but the few times we have gotten a room it’s usually somewhere close but cheap like Crossville.

Staying in Montgomery for the Auburn game for same reason.

Wife and I have decided to drive up from Rucker. Even though it’ll probably be an L, I’m happy I’ll get to see my Vols play this fall.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back