Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question was about our defense.
Dobbs burned Pruitt's defense at Ga. Bama struggled some with Mobile QBs while Pruitt was there.

Is that a concern with his defense, now?

It’s always gonna be a concern for someone who plays a lot of press coverage especially that blitzes heavily bc the People in coverage never have their eyes on the QB they are playing the WR.

But every style of defense has its weakness.

I'd say the zero draft picks...again and the tsunami of negative recruiting it brought is a bigger issue.
I think it’s overstated. Having zero draft picks didn’t exactly sneak up on anyone. Rival coaches knew it was a likelihood and could use it for negative Recruiting even when we seemingly had momentum. Now does “they had zero draft picks” mean a little more than “they are going to have zero draft picks”? Maybe, but I don’t think it’s going to completely tank us when it’s been apparent we had a small senior class, and a pool of prospects that weren’t NFL caliber for months.

That’s something they should have gotten out in front of like they seemed to with the bad record last year.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Haha....might just do that. Would certainly distract from my game of late. To be honest, Payne Stewart was one of my favorite golfers. He had style.
Yes he did, and was easily one of the nicest people I ever met. Pure class. Cried like a baby when he passed

Reactions: JacketVol
I don't get why everybody thinks the zero draft picks deal is hurting recruiting. We have sucked out loud for a couple of years and anybody that paid attention knew that we probably weren't going to have anybody drafted...that's not this coaching staffs fault. They have put plenty of players in the NFL.

We are recruiting high level players who enjoy the process and want to get the most out of the process, if you get my meaning.

Results on the field will determine how our class ends up. We are not going to be able to pressure 5 star and high 4 star kids to commit right now like Clemson....and I doubt the coaching staff is trying to.

We are in a position where we have to build relationships, build trust and show results. If we do that we will be fine. If not, recruiting will be meh.

Speculation because of Dabo's contract making it near impossible for AL to go after him when Saban retires.
Which I'm sure it's part of the reason Clemson is rolling. They know he's gonna be there for a while...

And yeah I'm sure it's in people's ear about the chances of Pruitt leaving if bama comes calling.

The problem with that is they won't come calling if he doesn't get good players and turn ut around... Lol

I despise Manchester City in a way that's not possible for pretty much any other sporting entity ojnthe planet Earth. Oh wait....PSG also. Absolutely disgusting when you look at sources of funding for these clubs, and what other sorts of ventures these families into. The Qatar Foundation is probably the worst. While they were sponsoring Barcelona, they were literally sponsoring madrassas that were pivitol in the creation of ISIS

As dirty as college sports can be, at least it isn't high level soccer

Was there an article or something? I hadn’t read/heard anything about that outside of message board speculation.

If Pruitt ever gets to the point where he’s a bama target post Saban then we have won a sh** ton of games.

Bama will have 10 million dollars already budgeted in to replace Saban. They aren’t spending that on anyone but a high level proven winner.

Basically, it’s been stated that Pruitt is Bama’s target after Saban, and that Saban probably won’t go much longer

So I’m thinking how does Pruitt deal with the Alabama question? I mean by all accounts he beat Alabama as well as some other hot schools for some prized recruits last year.

Prospect: People say you’ll go back to Alabama if Coach Saban retires. So would you?

Pruitt: I think Coach Saban is going to be the head coach at Alabama for another 8-10 years.

Prospect: Not meaning any disrespect coach, but I don’t think you answered the question.

Pruitt: Right now I’m the head football coach at the University of Tennessee and as such it’s part of the job that I don’t give a damn about the whole state of Alabama.

Seriously, I don’t know who Alabama would hire but I can’t believe they would give him any serious consideration at this point. He hasn’t really done anything. I mean good. He hasn’t done anything good, at least not to this point. Even beating an 8-5 Auburn team last year gets erased when he loses to Vanderbilt. Beating Kentucky in Neyland where they haven’t won in 16 years is not really saying a lot. What has he done to warrant consideration as somebody Alabama would want to replace Nick Saban? I’m skeptical that they’re going to make the Mike Shula mistake all over again.

Now, does he have to answer the question? Maybe. Probably? I don’t know but I can’t imagine he doesn’t have the “right” answer already prepared to serve his present circumstances. And he can’t just play it off with a lighthearted quip. He probably has to convince the kids he’s recruiting that Tennessee is his football program and he’s going to win championships here. An article came out late last week ranking the top 25 football programs of all time (since 1935) and Tennessee was in the top 10. He better be able to convince prospects as well as a lot of other people, including the media, that he is committed to being the head coach at the University of Tennessee. If he learned anything at all from Coach Saban it may need to be how to convince people that he is committed to the Miami Dolphins and absolutely will never be the coach at Alabama. jmo.

I can really see Alabama going after a coach who has accomplished next to nothing as a head coach to replace possibly the greatest head coach of all time. Alabama doesn’t shop at the bargain bin for head coaches like UT. If Alabama wants Dabo Swinney as their head coach, they will do what it takes to get him

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
We've been discussing reaching 7 wins a lot on here, but I have a serious question.
If we switched places right this second with Clemson, what would the discussion/predictions be?

If Pruitt ever gets to the point where he’s a bama target post Saban then we have won a sh** ton of games.

Bama will have 10 million dollars already budgeted in to replace Saban. They aren’t spending that on anyone but a high level proven winner.
I agree and I also believe Dabo won't turn it down. That's his dream job and he'll have accomplished so much at Clemson that he'll have "nothing left to prove" and will take on a bigger challenge; replace a legend, coach at the biggest job in the best conference, and strive to win more titles than ever before at his alma mater. IMO

I agree and I also believe Dabo won't turn it down. That's his dream job and he'll have accomplished so much at Clemson that he'll have "nothing left to prove" and will take on a bigger challenge; replace a legend, coach at the biggest job in the best conference, and strive to win more titles than ever before at his alma mater. IMO

Man if he leaves Clemson for another college job he’s nuts. He has everything he could ever want at Clemson and it’s only getting bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back