Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That puts everything in perspective for me and really explains clearly how you can have a top rated class and still not have the right talent to compete. Just unbelievable that CP hadn't even heard of most of these kids.
He put together classes very similar to Arkansas class. They had some 4 stars, but they weren’t guys the top teams wanted.

Yea, I think it was partly Dooley's fault for not demanding more of him and partly Bray's fault for not wanting more from himself. I remember at the time thinking that Bray was so talented but something was missing upstairs for him to make that one winning play. You compare him to what we have seen now from Grant Williams, Admiral Schofield, and Jordan Bone, and then compare Dooley to Rick Barnes.
I believe he basically threw the UK game because him and David Ricky didn't want to play in a bowl game, kind of like a few losers on last seasons squad. It is hard to overcome the quitter in you.

So pisses right now i havent gotten to watch the basketvols in over a month and I,have to miss the game tomorrow night. One of My teams is actually good and I dont even get to enjoy the ride

So pisses right now i havent gotten to watch the basketvols in over a month and I,have to miss the game tomorrow night. One of My teams is actually good and I dont even get to enjoy the ride
It’s karma for saying Barnes wasn’t a great coach

Jk, been there before and it sucks. Is watching on your phone not an option?

After we beat Kentucky tomorrow night, this fanbase is going to be sooooo annoying. 😏Haha, what a gas it will be.
I hope we win tonight, but it’s going to be tough. We will be playing 5 on 8 all night. You can guarantee it. With UK just coming off of a loss in Rupp, the bagmen will have paid extra money to ensure the refs call this game in favor of UK. They will prob get Grant, Admiral, and Kyle in foul trouble early. If that crap starts happening, Coach needs to lay into the refs and get a technical to try to change how the game is being called.

Reactions: Easttnken
“(Ansley)'s ready. He’s been ready for quite some time. … He’s somebody that’s been in the back-end with me. He has a really good idea of why we want to call something and when we want to call it.”

Pruitt held the lion’s share of playcalling responsibilities on defense in 2018, but Kevin Sherrer, formally Tennessee's co-defensive coordinator who is shifting to special teams coordinator in addition to coaching inside linebackers, was also heavily involved, especially late in the year.

But Pruitt clearly believes Ansley’s addition, both for the secondary and defense as a whole, makes the unit better. He spoke extensively about the “cohesiveness” in the room already, saying Ansley, Sherrer, Chris Rumph and Tracy Rocker “communicate really well together."

Ansley left the Raiders after one year as the highest-paid DB coach in the NFL. He received a three-year contract and a seven-figure salary to return to Tennessee. The Alabama native worked with Pruitt for two stints with the Tide and also made stops at UT and Kentucky.

"He's a guy that was a graduate assistant for me for two years and then was the defensive backs coach, so we're very familiar with each other," Pruitt said of Ansley.

“He brings a lot of experience, coached a lot of really good players, and probably when I start a sentence, he can finish it."
- VQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back