Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
34022415.jpg

Reactions: RiotVol
It’s really disheartening. I opened the door on Pruitt after Missouri and vandy.... if we go through this search and end up promoting within...I’ll have one foot out of it.
So you're gonna have one foot out the door on arguably the best defensive mind in College Football right now, after losing 2 games with a crappy team in his first year EVER as a HC, and not hiring an OC you want in the timeline you want? Seems logical...

I'd rather Pruitt hire someone he's comfortable with and we will have some continuity with, than another Helton situation.

So you're gonna have one foot out the door on arguably the best defensive mind in College Football right now, after losing 2 games with a crappy team in his first year EVER as a HC, and not hiring an OC you want in the timeline you want? Seems logical...

I'd rather Pruitt hire someone he's comfortable with and we will have some continuity with, than another Helton situation.
One of the "best defensive minds" got beat by 25 pts by Vandy. Even with this current roster it's logical some would have concerns.

The longer this goes on, the more I think it may be someone on the staff, not necessarily Friend. IMO it's beginning to get embarrassing Nationally for the University. Guess this is a first year head coach mistake by not being decisive. Amazed that Fulmer has let it get this far. It's Pruitt's future so I hope he learns from this. Who knows, maybe Fulmer is advising him on this process.

It looks like from the outside, some of these guys aren’t comfortable with Pruitt. I don’t believe for a second that no offer has been made. Maybe not “formally” but I’m can’t believe Pruitt didn’t offer anyone even if it was “So whatcha think about coming to work with us at TN?” or something to that affect.

It’s really disheartening. I opened the door on Pruitt after Missouri and vandy.... if we go through this search and end up promoting within...I’ll have one foot out of it.

Can't disagree. Not to mention, if he's getting kick back from admin, Pruitt probably has the same sentiments?!

Reactions: HankHill

Being a really great defensive coordinator has no bearing on being a great head coach.

I’m not “out” on Pruitt by any means but I don’t see how anyone can say they don’t have doubts.

The longer this goes on, the more I think it may be someone on the staff, not necessarily Friend. IMO it's beginning to get embarrassing Nationally for the University. Guess this is a first year head coach mistake by not being decisive. Amazed that Fulmer has let it get this far. It's Pruitt's future so I hope he learns from this. Who knows, maybe Fulmer is advising him on this process.
No one NATIONALLY gives a **** about our coordinator search. Lots of stories out there and I don’t see any dedicated to UNC plucking away Ole Miss’s playcaller.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers everyone just needs to RELAX. Look, in the grand scheme of things what is most important right now? Recruiting and S&C. Everyone wants answers now, this minute and can't understand the big picture. We are less than two weeks from Christmas. Start thinking about what's really important. If you have time, go back and listen to the 3HL podcast on 104.5 the Zone from last Friday when they were broadcasting from Philly and, even better, listen to the pregame prayer from the chaplain before the Army-Navy game. It will give you goosebumps. And on top of that, search out a vet everyday and thank them or offer some assistance. God bless each one of you and let's all have a great day.

Are we STILL debating Helton? He is gone you know? He went to WKU where he will no doubt succeed running the type of offense he wants to run. Helton couldnt do much here at Tennessee because we have bad players. Thats it. There is a reason why Bama can plug in any, literally any, OC in the country & have a top 5 offense - they have better players. GIve it a rest on the Helton hate.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Just because you’re a great coordinator doesn’t mean that translates to being a head coach at all. It has nothing to do with losing the games. It’s the way his team completely quit. Blame the players all you want but that falls back on the coach too.

Also he hired Helton and couldn’t get a long with him. He ran him off whether that is for better or worse.

He also fired Gillespie is a better recruiter and RB coach than Weinke.

I’m not saying I’m done with Pruitt or i don’t think he can win but he has to be better for us to win games. What he’s done so far isn’t cutting it.

It looks like from the outside, some of these guys aren’t comfortable with Pruitt. I don’t believe for a second that no offer has been made. Maybe not “formally” but I’m can’t believe Pruitt didn’t offer anyone even if it was “So whatcha think about coming to work with us at TN?” or something to that affect.
I’m starting to think that not being able to bring any assistants along or maybe the role Pruitt wants Friend to play in things is off putting for potential OCs. Either that or Pruitt’s has his eyes set on an NFL for a while now and is just killing time picking other candidates’ brains.

No, it's not embarrassing nationally. It's only embarrassing folks like you with a "me me me now now now" mindset and no patience. We all want a new OC hired asap but ASSUMING Pruitt doesn't know what he's doing or that he's striking out left and right is ridiculous. Stop with the weak mindset. Stop caring about what others think.

Being a really great defensive coordinator has no bearing on being a great head coach.

I’m not “out” on Pruitt by any means but I don’t see how anyone can say they don’t have doubts.

Yep, see muschump.

You know how people are around here, the coach is lord and savior who can do no wrong until he is on the verge of being fired. If you question any decisions, you aren’t a real vol fan

Reactions: Kingston Vol
One of the "best defensive minds" got beat by 25 pts by Vandy. Even with this current roster it's logical some would have concerns.

Wasn’t because the right defensive calls weren’t made. On every play there was one of our guys there to make a play and they didn’t. That’s not on Pruitt.

Honestly asking....why is all this embarrassing? Who do we know for an absolute fact that has been interviewed? I think we all I have a good idea and if we had to bet we would get most of them right, but nothing official has come from the university. All we have is media members throwing stuff against the wall to appease the fan base.

I listen to national sports radio every morning and literally nobody is talking about it other than in the context of all other openings right now. Nobody is saying “Tennessee is screwing this up and being incompetent”. I think a lot of this is just us fans worrying what others think.

The wait sucks, for sure. But I’m holding off on the embarrassing and frustrating feelings until I see who it is. Would rather be right than quick with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back