Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't decline illegal procedure

When illegal procedure is called the play is blown dead and the Penalty can't be declined. The clock keeps running after those which needs to be changed

Are you talking about a false start? Yes, that can't be declined. Illegal shift/motion can be.

Nope. Joined a 100$ buy in league with some buddies. It’s a weird set up but I’ll take knocking off the top dog
I had the bye in the #2 spot this week of course myself team went off. $200 buy in and free agent silent auction...almost 4 grand in the pot...

Reactions: HankHill
Are you talking about a false start? Yes, that can't be declined. Illegal shift/motion can be.

Yes sorry for the confusion

I got lost in the terminology but I was talking about a false start

Now that's established no way a team should be able to keep the clock running after false start penalties

Yes sorry for the confusion

I got lost in the terminology but I was talking about a false start

Now that's established no way a team should be able to keep the clock running after false start penalties

They can't by this rule:

"Approved ruling 3-4-2
ARTICLE 3. Unfair Clock Tactics

The referee has broad authority in the timing of the game. He shall order the game clock or play clock started or stopped whenever either team conserves or consumes playing time by tactics obviously unfair. This includes starting the game clock on the snap if the foul is by the team ahead in the score. If the game clock is stopped only to complete a penalty for a foul by the team ahead in the score (or either team if the score is tied) inside the last two minutes of a half, it will start on the snap, at the option of the offended team. The game clock will start on the ready-for-play signal after Team A throws an illegal forward or backward pass to conserve time (Rule 3-3-2-e-14). (A.R. 3-4-3:I-V)"

Reactions: COOKEVOL
They can't by this rule:

"Approved ruling 3-4-2
ARTICLE 3. Unfair Clock Tactics

The referee has broad authority in the timing of the game. He shall order the game clock or play clock started or stopped whenever either team conserves or consumes playing time by tactics obviously unfair. This includes starting the game clock on the snap if the foul is by the team ahead in the score. If the game clock is stopped only to complete a penalty for a foul by the team ahead in the score (or either team if the score is tied) inside the last two minutes of a half, it will start on the snap, at the option of the offended team. The game clock will start on the ready-for-play signal after Team A throws an illegal forward or backward pass to conserve time (Rule 3-3-2-e-14). (A.R. 3-4-3:I-V)
Approved ruling 3-4-3"

Good find. That would stop my strategy but I have seen back to back false start penalties run in games when the clock was a factor late.

I wonder how many times they would let that happen before they used that rule

Playing catch up in this thread I think I'm only 15 pages behind now sounds like Yurcich is the man and that would be a ballin' a** hire. I really like that offense. My buddy is an Oklahoma fan so we watch the UO vs. OSU game every year. I get to see how their offense runs.

I thought you were saying you would be good with Lebby.

I would be open minded to him. I think he has potential. But i am very confident he won’t be offered the job so we will cross that bridge if we come to it.

I’m not down on Lebby. I said in that post that i don’t think Yurcich would come here. He makes good money and has total control of the offense. If in fact, what I’m hearing is right and this thing is getting damn well wrapped up with him. Then that tells me we’re forking out money and Pruitt is giving him the keys.

Ain’t no preaching like when an African American preacher starts up on when Jesus went to get the keys of death from the devil.

Good find. That would stop my strategy but I have seen back to back false start penalties run in games when the clock was a factor late.

I wonder how many times they would let that happen before they used that rule

I think I had read 2 for the NFL. I agree it would make more sense to start the clock on the snap at the option of the defensive team. But in the same token, the rule prevents a team from false starting to deliberately stop the clock to allow for substitutions, play call, etc.

If Yurcich is the guy, it's just doesn't jive with Mathews, unless...The hire he was referring to was either Enos or Cheney or Ludwig (unnamed SEC OC, per Brice)and as of last Wednesday it was looking good with said candidate. But we went ahead and scheduled interviews with Briles, Yucich, and Lebby as contingencies. Then the lead Candidate (Cheney, Enos, Ludwig) backed out on Thursday or Friday...so here we are with Yurcich.

This is kind of random..but how do players like Adam Thielen, Tarik Cohen..etc just go totally under the radar basically their whole life then blow up in the nfl.
This is random too and I usually hate your NBA takes, but what’s your opinion on my dude Giannis?

If Yurcich is the guy, it's just doesn't jive with Mathews, unless...The hire he was referring to was either Enos or Cheney or Ludwig (unnamed SEC OC, per Brice)and as of last Wednesday it was looking good with said candidate. But we went ahead and scheduled interviews with Briles, Yucich, and Lebby as contingencies. Then the lead Candidate (Cheney, Enos, Ludwig) backed out on Thursday or Friday...so here we are with Yurcich.

Yurcich has been a name since early on. So it is possible. Apparently he wasn't interested when we first called then something changed his mind. He turned down auburn and Alabama last yr per ok st 247 mod. So would be quite the get if we did

We may not hire an OC, but with a solid week, I may finally pass the 1:1 post to like ratio again, after the notorious “like” heist which occurred in the dark hours of the 2018 Volnation Forum upgrade of 2018.

If you were robbed of the dopamine inducing results of a timely placed GIF or intelligent arranging of letters into coherent words, gimme a “like” on this post
Like whore

Other interesting facts:

Yurcich's wiki sucks

He has about 16 years OC experience from all levels, he was a QB and has coached a lot of QB's

As I posted last night OK state fans seem oddly excited for him to go. They seem to think he is predictable. I would liken their relationship to him as ours was to Chaney. They seem to think his video game stats don't necessarily help with wins. We will see.

He's helped all the first year offenses he's worked with have large jumps in scoring and yardage, mostly passing.

He has OH roots (was that the interview spot?)

His wife is a cross country all American & also coached at Shippensburg

Last edited:
Another OK St fan rumor

They think Gundy is too allergic to change or he would look to replace Yurcich. Doubtful but you can Google a lot of different angles and see that Yurcich is polarizing.

Thought this was interesting from a motive to leave perspective more so than a negative view of him as a candidate.

I think the fan negativity derives from the success he has helped to build, but the failures to go farther. I would liken it to Richt with UGA fans on a smaller scale.

Seems like a better problem then the one we have had the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back