Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of all things orange, can people quit saying the officiating is always slanted against the vols?

It’s not the refs fault we miss shots, turn the ball over, allow offensive rebounds, don’t feed the post more often. Execution wasn’t there yesterday and wasn’t there for the Villanova game or any other game we lost so stop it

Reactions: 5 people
For the love of all things orange, can people quit saying the officiating is always slanted against the vols?

It’s not the refs fault we miss shots, turn the ball over, allow offensive rebounds, don’t feed the post more often. Execution wasn’t there yesterday and wasn’t there for the Villanova game or any other game we lost so stop it

We certainly had opportunities yesterday. Started off too slow. That I agree with. But the officiating is simply awful, and it is really across the entire game. I have watched non UT games where the officiating had been bad. It does effect outcomes of games.

Coming in to this basketball season I thought the media had really underrated us. I expected us to finish the season in the 30 to 45 range as far as rankings go. That would have been good for something along the lines of an 8 to 11 seed. Yes, yesterday was disappointing, but stepping back and looking at the big picture, I don't see how anyone can say this season has been anything other than a smashing success.

I agree with this. I thought we were better than 13th in the league, but I certainly didn't expect a 3 seed.

Catch me up guys. Too much hoops

This RB grad transfer we got. He is a scholarship guy?

If so I am the only one that doesn't understand taking him?

Although I didn't think the officiating was terrible yesterday I do think the officiated is biased. You can believe what you want. I don't think the officiating cost us the game yesterday. I think every grey area call went their way. Two calls were reviewed, one yesterday and one against Arkansas for possible flagrant fouls. The one in the arkansas game plainly showed, in super slow motion, the Arkansas defender hitting Kyle Alexander in the face with not one but both elbows. Their explanation was that there was no contact with the face. Not only did they not assess the Arkansas player the foul they called one on Kyle. I can give the ref the benefit of the doubt in live action as things happen so fast, but to review it with an excellent camera angle and still say there was no contact is blatant favoritism to one team. They are counting on people like you to believe otherwise. The same happened yesterday when one of the KY players in full view took is forearm to the back of Grant and pushed him two rows into the bleachers. After the review, nothing.

College basketball is as dirty as it gets. It is corrupt all the way to the top of the NCAA. If you don't believe it you are extremely naive. If you don't share that opinion that's fine but don't tell others how to think.

Reactions: 2 people
Although I didn't think the officiating was terrible yesterday I do think the officiated is biased. You can believe what you want. I don't think the officiating cost us the game yesterday. I think every grey area call went their way. Two calls were reviewed, one yesterday and one against Arkansas for possible flagrant fouls. The one in the arkansas game plainly showed, in super slow motion, the Arkansas defender hitting Kyle Alexander in the face with not one but both elbows. Their explanation was that there was no contact with the face. Not only did they not assess the Arkansas player the foul they called one on Kyle. I can give the ref the benefit of the doubt in live action as things happen so fast, but to review it with an excellent camera angle and still say there was no contact is blatant favoritism to one team. They are counting on people like you to believe otherwise. The same happened yesterday when one of the KY players in full view took is forearm to the back of Grant and pushed him two rows into the bleachers. After the review, nothing.

College basketball is as dirty as it gets. It is corrupt all the way to the top of the NCAA. If you don't believe it you are extremely naive. If you don't share that opinion that's fine but don't tell others how to think.

All sports are corrupt but y’all act as though it’s always the refs fault. If they would execute then refs wouldn’t have as much say so in the outcome. Have you ever refereed? People like me have and it’s not an easy job and teams need to execute better before blaming anybody but themselves. If you can’t find the simplicity in that then idk what to tell you.

I saw many calls yesterday that they called tick tack on Kentucky too. It happens

Reactions: 1 person

If the refs are all biased against Tennessee, why is that the case? Our fan base brings in more money than say an Arkansas...why would the refs just want UT to lose?

All sports are corrupt but y’all act as though it’s always the refs fault. If they would execute then refs wouldn’t have as much say so in the outcome. Have you ever refereed? People like me have and it’s not an easy job and teams need to execute better before blaming anybody but themselves. If you can’t find the simplicity in that then idk what to tell you.

I saw many calls yesterday that they called tick tack on Kentucky too. It happens

I said the refs didn't cost us the game. ANyone that doesn't think that the officiated is biased toward the blue blood programs has their head in the sand. If you don't believe it that's fine. My problem is that you are telling people that don't believe as you do to quit talking about it.

If the refs are all biased against Tennessee, why is that the case? Our fan base brings in more money than say an Arkansas...why would the refs just want UT to lose?

I think in the Arkansas game the officiating wasn't that bad until the player got hurt. After that I think the officials were doing anything they could to help them out. Can't say what their motives were other than to speculate it was sympathy.

I think in the Arkansas game the officiating wasn't that bad until the player got hurt. After that I think the officials were doing anything they could to help them out. Can't say what their motives were other than to speculate it was sympathy.

Miss St.?

So are refs ever biased towards us?

I just think bad calls are bad calls. I don't see a grand conspiracy, sometimes(well really every time) the refs just are not very good. They look for particular things and miss what actually happened. The way college ball is with the bonus gives the refs too much power.

Never mind, I'm thinking of Mississippi state player. I do think the refs took pity on them, because they nearly got the guys neck broke by not stopping play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back