Recruiting Forum Football Talk LII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people didn’t think this guy could build a great staff.

It's a great staff in terms of depth and SEC experience but it lacks experience with coordinators. I really want to know if Helton called plays for Brohm(I don't Think he did) and want to know why he didn't go to Purdue. Either way in terms of cordinator experience this staff is green compared to the rest of the SEC

This is the best coaching staff I’ve seen. Unreal the recruiting juggernauts. We’re about to find out if TN can still get the top players to come here because we have the coaches to get them

It's a great staff in terms of depth and SEC experience but it lacks experience with coordinators. I really want to know if Helton called plays for Brohm(I don't Think he did) and want to know why he didn't go to Purdue. Either way in terms of cordinator experience this staff is green compared to the rest of the SEC

Regardless, it will be a heck of a lot of fun.

Reactions: 4 people
Hardesty was the most dynamic player on offense with two surgically repaired knees. Loved his game but he couldn’t hold a candle to Kamara and isn’t as good as Kelly.

Malone is better than any WR on that team.

Dobbs was light years better than Crompton.

Kiffin’s defense was better than this one but not by much.

Long NFL careers is a stretch. Berry has. Stocker, Williams are journey men. Moore had like one good season.

Kamara, Barnett, Malone, will all play a long time barring injuries. Not to mention guys like Dobbs, JRM, Sutton, Wolf, Tuttle will hang around some rosters. Still have guys like Kirkland and Warrior who can become NFL players.

If a player plays consistently for 4-5 years now in the NFL, then they were solid players. Guys are rolling in and out these days because of youth and injuries.

Denarious Moore had 18 TD's in the NFL. Over/under that Josh Malone hits that number?

I agree that our current team has talent that can win 8 games. I am not expecting that; just believe they could do it.

I also believe that Kiffin had more talent than people want to admit. He had some very dynamic NFL players. Chris Scott was on and off rosters but made it 6 years and played on Carolina's SB team. Dan Williams was not a journeyman- he played 7 seasons for 2 teams and played 16 games his last 3 seasons. Luke Stocker has played at least 12 games in 5 different seasons. These are good NFL numbers.

All that said, Dooley's first team and Butch's first team were bad and slow.

Last edited:

Fair point. Get great position coaches and great players then it’s easier to be a good coordinator.

Also our HC is a DC so we are covered there.

Reactions: 1 person
Im iffy on the OC.

Ditto, even if he did call plays for Brohm. Seems like we could ha e gotten a top guy. I'm fine with a newbie at DC with Pruitt to help out, but our OC will have no help. Helton and Brohm have helped him a lot at best and at worst he's never actually called his own plays.

Dude, I live here, It's actually snowing quite a bit. They told us we would have a little bit this morning with nothing sticking to the roads. The roads are white and its supposed to keep snowing till morning now.

I can confirm, crazy. When they predict it, we don't get anything. We have 5" in Carrollton at the moment and it will probably be 7 before morning.

They predicted a dusting.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back