Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never played college football, so I'll yield to expertise. The LOOK though could be better even if we stuck with Adidas. They can do some amazing styles if coaches would let us.

Its not about the look, its about the quality of equipment. Nike cleats (and I assume gloves as well) are much better than adidas.

The part nobody seems to be aware of is if/once the Adidas cleats become terrible (any semblance of terrible), you get a brand new pair. It isn't like our guys get one pair of shoes and are wished luck at the Equipment manager's door. I routinely went through 5 pairs of spikes a season. They don't suck if you get them for free and they can be replaced at any time.

Point of reference is baseball. I can't speak to football or basketball in terms of comfort.

If this doesnt sum it up...

@GrantRamey: For the msg board conspiracy theorists: Tee Martin flew to Knoxville on Delta flight 4949 (ATL-TYS) ... 49 + 49 = 98.

When Tee is officially announced as a member of UT's staff, I will be putting my face paint on and getting ready for NSD...

Fan-ice-cream-face.gif

Augustus Galoop?

Reactions: 2 people
The part nobody seems to be aware of is if/once the Adidas cleats become terrible (any semblance of terrible), you get a brand new pair. It isn't like our guys get one pair of shoes and are wished luck at the Equipment manager's door. I routinely went through 5 pairs of spikes a season. They don't suck if you get them for free and they can be replaced at any time.

Point of reference is baseball. I can't speak to football or basketball in terms of comfort.

Its not about how fast they wear out. Adidas football equipment is just a flat out inferior product when compared to Nike and UA.

Those pure white pants are horrid man. Lol

Ha I know, right. I like the avi. Awesome pic of LL. That pic kinda sums up the defense we've been missing recently. Nasty, intimidating, & swagger. We really need a few LL type players back on the hill soon. I was gonna use that one when I changed my avi before going with the General.

Staff assignments for those who are on board (still waiting on a decision from Tee).

Thigpen is going to coach corners not linebackers. Martinez is going to coach safeties (set up they had at Auburn). Jones has had two secondary coaches at Cincy.

Also, Stripling is the assistant head coach as well as defensive line coach.

-Hubbs

Hey OCI, who do you think is on his agenda? If indeed Tee is coming to knoxville, could his first stop be Ramsey and then Corn Elder?

From the sounds of it hes targeting current commits for visits and calling prospects to work out visit times.

My guess is he hits JRM first and then makes the rounds to visit schools and not just kids. Wharton, Elder, Hurd, Ramsey etc are probably some of the non commits that should get a visit or at least their coaches.

As a baseball player I have to totally disagree on UA. (Mizuno, Nike, Reebok all better)

Mizuno has better gear--especially their gloves & bats--but the pair of UA cleats I have now is by far the most comfortable I've ever had.

So just to rephrase: UA has better shoes. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back