Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it really comes down to budget. You figure out what you want to spend and find the best deal for that budget.

Leasing for someone that works on the road is a great idea, lots of co-workers used to do that. They'd temporarily relocate to work here and get a 6 month, 1 year or sometimes a 2 year lease. Work their assignment and then leave without having to transport a car while also not putting miles on their regular car they owned back home.

Yeah… not really happy about it. I’ve got too much going on in my life too be taken advantage of when I’m offering to help, but I guess that’s life. So happy to take time away from my family, three jobs, and ministry to unsubscribe from these
Genuinely hope you know I wouldn't do that. I'm a negavol not an a**hole

What’s your budget and where are you located roughly?
I’m in NY. No idea on budget. It just happened yesterday. A family member is considering getting a new car so we might get theirs

I feel whiny this morning. Sorry guys. Just a lot of transition and stuff out of my control that’s frustrating. I’m going to take a break from VN.

… see ya round lunch time

Have you read his book though? His logic is sound, it's the "want to" that people lack.

I read it and am under 25k debt right now with more than that in savings. It works, but it's not always been easy to not run out and buy the next big thing.

I am fortunate that I have a well-paying job and a low mortgage. I am not among those that I was referring to as having poor financial circumstances and have been able to save far more than most at my age (33). I agree that fiscal responsibility requires just that...responsibility. I just always found it laughable that the supposed bastion of financial responsibility bought his kid a $50,000 car when a $15,000 car would've worked just as well and probably would've been more on brand with what he preaches to others.

I’m in NY. No idea on budget. It just happened yesterday. A family member is considering getting a new car so we might get theirs

I feel whiny this morning. Sorry guys. Just a lot of transition and stuff out of my control that’s frustrating. I’m going to take a break from VN.

… see ya round lunch time
Good luck broheim.

If I may, in all seriousness may I recommend a Miata?

Think it would really help out. esp with family.

Hoping it will work out for you Nick.

I am fortunate that I have a well-paying job and a low mortgage. I am not among those that I was referring to as having poor financial circumstances and have been able to save far more than most at my age (33). I agree that fiscal responsibility requires just that...responsibility. I just always found it laughable that the supposed bastion of financial responsibility bought his kid a $50,000 car when a $15,000 car would've worked just as well and probably would've been more on brand with what he preaches to others.
Some of us COULD afford those cars but, choose to drive $15k vehicles bc of advice given by lowly financial advisors who are certified to give such advice, also, who have not filed bankruptcy..and dont talk out their asses.

Nissan has updated their CVT to be much more durable...although I'm still not a fan of CVTs in general. Whoever took over Nissan after Carlos Ghosn has got the ship heading back in the right direction. The recent updates to the Titan and the new Pathfinder, Rogue, and Frontier are massive improvements. The 9 speed transmission that's in the Titan, Pathfinder, and new Frontier is looking pretty good.

To be clear, I've been a Nissan guy since I started driving and my grandfather was one of the construction managers during the building of the Smyrna plant. That being said, I definitely strayed away from Nissan for the 2012-2018 timeframe and recently picked up a 2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4x. I absolutely love the truck. As for bignewt's comment on the interiors...I would agree except for the new models coming out. The interior on my Titan is very nice...certainly much nicer than the Tundra and Silverado interiors I have been in and more comfortable than a loaded F-150 (Ram is hard to beat for interiors). My loaded Titan also cost less than the competitors. My wife recently switched from a 2017 Lexus RX that was fully loaded out to a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum and we both feel like the interior on the new Pathfinder Platinum beats the Lexus. I think Nissan is well on their way to repairing their reputation.
I concur with this statement. They changed the transmission and they aren't having the issues now. One of my best friends (a UT engineering grad) works on the pathfinders quality control in Smyrna.

I drive a 2013 Frontier. My wife drives a 2016 Rogue. Mom drives a 2015 Pathfinder and sister drives a new Altima. Only my mom's Pathfinder has had transmission issues and Nissan took care of it. The rest run like champs, but I'm hoping to upgrade to the new Frontier when I finish my PhD.

Also, we totally had no loyalty to Nissan. It just ended up being the best vehicles available for each of us at the time we were looking, and we love them. I will say though, if I ever went with another brand it would be Toyota.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Neighbor just got a v6 Challenger. Really surprised by its power and how it sounds. Thought it would be a downgrade, like the old 4cyl mustangs.

The v6 is cute till you hear and drive the V8. Then you want the 392 then after that you would cut off a toe for the Hellcat. Its a slippery slope.

I do t think Heup will but do feel he would prefer Milton bc he has physical skills that Bailey doesn’t have….. From what I’ve heard….. Milton looks like the obvious choice but that could definitely change when he starts having to read the defense.
Confirmation bias in action if that is true..I don't give a crap what Milton looks like, or how big, fast, strong and strong armed he is, to this point he absolutely sucks at being accurate...and there is quite a bit of evidence to look at.

I don't think JH is that dumb, if Milton starts it will be because he is clear cut the best.

It seems like JH would see a lot of himself in HB, but I wonder if the kid has some kind of intelligence issue holding him back, is he just dumb or something?..what is the holdup with his development?

Reactions: tnvols72
My boss raves about Telluride. He subscribes to Consumer Review journals
My landlords wife got one, I thought it was a range rover until he told me otherwise, looks very similar. Looks good. I checked it out. Nice ride, they had to go all the way to Colorado to pick it up, my cousin got one and she had to go to st Louis to get hers.

Nissan has updated their CVT to be much more durable...although I'm still not a fan of CVTs in general. Whoever took over Nissan after Carlos Ghosn has got the ship heading back in the right direction. The recent updates to the Titan and the new Pathfinder, Rogue, and Frontier are massive improvements. The 9 speed transmission that's in the Titan, Pathfinder, and new Frontier is looking pretty good.

To be clear, I've been a Nissan guy since I started driving and my grandfather was one of the construction managers during the building of the Smyrna plant. That being said, I definitely strayed away from Nissan for the 2012-2018 timeframe and recently picked up a 2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4x. I absolutely love the truck. As for bignewt's comment on the interiors...I would agree except for the new models coming out. The interior on my Titan is very nice...certainly much nicer than the Tundra and Silverado interiors I have been in and more comfortable than a loaded F-150 (Ram is hard to beat for interiors). My loaded Titan also cost less than the competitors. My wife recently switched from a 2017 Lexus RX that was fully loaded out to a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum and we both feel like the interior on the new Pathfinder Platinum beats the Lexus. I think Nissan is well on their way to repairing their reputation.

I still drive Nissan pickup with 260,000+ miles on it, and replacing the clutch and alternator are the biggest things I’ve done to it. From ‘95 to ‘05 there was not a better, more reliable vehicle on the market. After that, they fell off. I can personally attest to transmission issues -at least in an Altima- and personally know of a few others that have had transmission issues as well. Glad to here they turning things back around.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

But that's part of his philosophy, it's not a "you shouldn't buy a 50k car" it's a "you should buy what you can afford" in his case that's a 50k car instead of a 15k car. One reason I actually like his approach. He makes it very clear that he's not preaching "always buy the lowest/best value option" he's really just saying budget and save for what you want and when you buy it do so with cash and not credit.

Edit: Also, I don't like any advisor that wants to sell you the advice that's pretty common sense. I did snag a copy of his book on deep discount though and read it to see what the fuss was all about, not saying his method is the only method. He hasn't reinvented the wheel or anything here.

Bailey putting them on the money. Even the one that wasn’t caught should’ve been and probably is with one of the starting WRs. Was a perfectly lead pass into outstretched arms and hands. Ball that’s well placed in the RZ with a DB on the WR’s hip. Milton had a couple good throws as well. Really excited about that competition

Confirmation bias in action if that is true..I don't give a crap what Milton looks like, or how big, fast, strong and strong armed he is, to this point he absolutely sucks at being accurate...and there is quite a bit of evidence to look at.

I don't think JH is that dumb, if Milton starts it will be because he is clear cut the best.

It seems like JH would see a lot of himself in HB, but I wonder if the kid has some kind of intelligence issue holding him back, is he just dumb or something?..what is the holdup with his development?
I mean that you can tun more of the offense if you have someone of Joe Miltons skill set…… that doesn’t mean much if he can’t run the offense efficiently…… when I stated that he looks like the obvious choice right now….. it is bc he has looked much better in practice than the other QBs……it does not mean that it will stay that way when live bullets start flying.

Reactions: UTJoe
Bailey putting them on the money. Even the one that wasn’t caught should’ve been and probably is with one of the starting WRs. Was a perfectly lead pass into outstretched arms and hands. Ball that’s well placed in the RZ with a DB on the WR’s hip. Milton had a couple good throws as well. Really excited about that competition
I think the QB position is going to end up really solid this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back