Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are looking at this like it's a traditional team sport. It's not the same dynamic. Every single Olympian is there for themselves....they dedicate their lives to a sport where personal achievement is the reward much more so than money. A lot of them are happy to represent the U.S. but they don't owe anyone anything except themselves, their coaches and maybe others who supported their journey.

If she didn't feel comfortable then it's best that she wasn't out there risking injury or knocking the team out of medal contention.
So Manu people do not understand the importance that mental health has on one's performance in athletics a well as their performance at the worksite. It is probably the one factor that is responsible for success or failure in ones ability to function with confidence and obtain success. Her actions actually resulted in the teams chance to perform as well as they did and win the silver medal. None of her support team were there for her to take with, when the pressure of her performance was so important. I admire her ability to recognize the situation and act as she did.

6-6 go to the Glad Trashbags Bowl and beat SW MO State for the coveted rubbermaid trophy.

I live 20 miles from MSSU (Missouri Southern State University, AFAIK there is no SW MO State) and about 35 from Missouri State. I would trade a family member for Tennessee to do a home and home with either.

I live 20 miles from MSSU (Missouri Southern State University, AFAIK there is no SW MO State) and about 35 from Missouri State. I would trade a family member for Tennessee to do a home and home with either.
How is there now SW Missouri State? Louisiana has a SW Louisiana State.

Is it possibly Sou'West Mizzou?

Reactions: DeusExMachina
Who’s your avi pic of

Alexis Kaufman.

.......or Alexa Bliss in the WWE. She has really pretty eyes.
piXyjcsijhAtaCKn6

Last edited:
So Manu people do not understand the importance that mental health has on one's performance in athletics a well as their performance at the worksite. It is probably the one factor that is responsible for success or failure in ones ability to function with confidence and obtain success. Her actions actually resulted in the teams chance to perform as well as they did and win the silver medal. None of her support team were there for her to take with, when the pressure of her performance was so important. I admire her ability to recognize the situation and act as she did.
SMH..

They all take that chance on any flip or jump...don’t they? It’s muscle memory at this point...been doing it all her life. Sounds like an excuse...
Someone was trying to equate a golfer, Tiger, coming back from an injury to Biles' situation. Not really the same as Biles isn't coming back from an injury.

Golfers not being mentally focused, having a moment of anxiety, or lack of confidence in the middle of a round don't run the same risks as gymnasts. A golfer having confidence issues might what...pull a few drives? Shank some irons? Hit it in the sand or water? Compare that to a gymnast. What could happen when their form is off? Bad landing or missed landing leading to broken bones or head injury? The risks are far more severe.

The routines she's doing supposedly aren't the standard gymnast stuff. She's doing things no gymnast has attempted according to everything I've read. She probably was feeling off already, had the bad routine, was fortunate she didn't injury herself when she was obviously off, and then decided to step down after giving it a go. People are immediately assuming she didn't even try before stepping down.

But… one of the links posted recently from a national source said that Hendon Hooker was probably going to be QB1.

Personally, I would like to see Bailey grab it by the horns and establish himself as #1; but it would be nice to rotate Milton in every now and then (and not just in a Pruitt-esque very obvious qb-run scenario).

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back