Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this last night. If you could do something like this and have a rotating conference. Those teams are on top. Take them and 6 other top 10 teams and make them play in their own division, the winner of that division goes to the playoffs. Everyone else plays in their regular conferences. That would create parity. That is much more needed that making the SEC tougher.

What they should do is start over. New conferences, everything. Make EVERYTHING balanced. I get the travel and **** would be more expensive depending on who else is in the conference but I’m sure they could work that out. Put teams in a “conference” based on results, strength of schedule, etc from the last 15 years or so. I think that would balance everything nicely. It doesn’t have to be every conference, but maybe the top 3-4 conferences

Like you said, making one conference stronger does nothing. Maybe eventually if the same teams keep going to Natty, less and less people will watch and result in less money. I just don’t understand their decisions sometimes.

Just do it already.

P5 schools, plus a few others, form thier own "division"
Let the TV companies bid for rights and split the money.

If you suck, you drop down to G5 and have to play your way back in. Top G5 move up!

That's what the premier league does in soccer....the lower division winner moves into the upper level league for the year. The weaker team is redelegated to the lesser league to make the room.

I am with you 100%. But the increase in revenue is a big deal and every SEC AD outside of Texas A&M will sign up for this. The train is already down the track.

It kills Tennessee football, at least in a traditional sense. We used to be the second-best program in the conference. Now we're 8th-10th. We might compete once every 5 years if everything goes right, but we're basically going to have to get used to being Ole Miss. Great traditions, big fanbase, but not really playing for anything on Saturdays.
You can take that approach if you want to. Not me. We are not Ole Miss, never have been, never will be. We'll be on top again because we have everything every other team in the country does. There's not one team that has something that we do not. Only difference has been coaching. But it is harder to rebuild when you play 5-6 top 12 teams every year. That's why I don't want this expansion.

Personally...I think for football at least there should be a 12 team cap for conferences.

Big 12 = 12 teams
Big 10 = 10 or 12 teams
Pac 12 = 12 teams
ACC = 12 teams
SEC = 12 teams

If you're shuffling around you can put some legit powerhouse teams in those 5 spots. They play 9 conference games instead of 8 and you have the championship game. Sure some years one conference will be down more than others, but short of limiting yourself to 32 total teams (like the NFL) you really can't force "equal ground" in college sports.

I know the SEC is the money cow conference, we unlike the other Power 5 schools are competitive in every major sport (Football/Baseball/Basketball) at the national title level on a yearly basis. But if you shuffle the Power 5 to basically insert 4 or so "potential" playoff teams (in football at least) into each conference it would help distribute the money coming in on it's own.

Fanbases don't just stop following their teams because of their conference. So even if you just looked at it purely from money pull you can reshuffle and each conference would be able to prop up themselves financially a bit easier because of it.

But where we're really heading is the Power 5 becoming the Power 3 and someone (Pac 12 or Big 12) ends up getting left out as their "big boys" leave for greener pastures.
Most people know that we’re moving towards a 64-team, 4 conference league. There will be 16 teams in each of the SEC, ACC, Big Ten and PAC 12. Everyone else will be the FBS ruled over by the NCAA still.

I get that money talks loud, but it's hard to see Texas giving up ALL the power they have in the Big 12. They control that conference more than Bama controls the SEC (not on the field, but off)
I also heard on the radio this morning (don't know if it's true) that the OK State Legislature mandates that OU and OSU be in the same conference. Something to look into.
There is no mandate (would be illegal). What kept them attached at the foot when they were contemplating a move to the PAC 10, was David Boren…who’s no longer in charge.

vol_football is currently live on Instagram.

Live

Looks like it's some sort of photo/video shoot.

Currently Joe Milton is the subject.

Posting this 36 pages later, but What CJH said at SEC Media Days was that the team has to know "that's our guy" with respect to the QB position. My thought is it's decided in the middle of camp (what an idea!) and they roll with it from there.
I’d rather it be decided by then. Sure he would too! But Gabriel’s freshman year at UCF the QB battle went into week 1. I think it will be even harder to separate these QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back