Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you agree?

215097208_4224957890874921_1388821510676373425_n.jpg
Kirby Smart should not be top 10

I get that some are trying to justify and/or rationalize why JH deserves to get higher but, the fact remains, he's unproven in the SEC, save one season at Mizzou as OC. He's just not going to garner a lot of respect.

I'm as intrigued as anyone to see how this offense is going to perform but I'm not optimistic about this hire. I want to be. I'll root for him as much as anyone but...yeah...not very optimistic. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I get that some are trying to justify and/or rationalize why JP deserves to get higher but, the fact remains, he's unproven in the SEC, save one season at Mizzou as OC. He's just not going to garner a lot of respect.

I'm as intrigued as anyone to see how this offense is going to perform but I'm not optimistic about this hire. I want to be. I'll root for him as much as anyone but...yeah...not very optimistic. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You done did it now.. JP?

I get that some are trying to justify and/or rationalize why JP deserves to get higher but, the fact remains, he's unproven in the SEC, save one season at Mizzou as OC. He's just not going to garner a lot of respect.

This is where I am. That UCF fans don’t mind losing him at all is a red flag. I hope he proves me wrong, but I’ve hoped the same thing about every coach since Kiffin and it hasn’t happened yet.

Reactions: Smokey19rt and ob79
This is where I am. That UCF fans don’t mind losing him at all is a red flag. I hope he proves me wrong, but I’ve hoped the same thing about every coach since Kiffin and it hasn’t happened yet.

If they thought JH's offense has flaws, then they can't wait to see Malzahn's. Fans always want something else.

I was with two Mississippi State fans in Omaha, and we were talking about football. Totally forgot about the Mike Leach/Josh Heupal story. One had read Leach's book. Our offense is very similar to theirs.

If they thought JH's offense has flaws, then they can't wait to see Malzahn's. Fans always want something else.

I was with two Mississippi State fans in Omaha, and we were talking about football. Totally forgot about the Mike Leach/Josh Heupal story. One had read Leach's book. Our offense is very similar to theirs.
Elaborate for those of us who are not familiar...

I get that some are trying to justify and/or rationalize why JH deserves to get higher but, the fact remains, he's unproven in the SEC, save one season at Mizzou as OC. He's just not going to garner a lot of respect.

Two seasons at Mizzou.

Elaborate for those of us who are not familiar...

Leach was hired as the OU OC and QB coach in 1999. I believe the story was that Stoops loved Hal Mumme's offense in the SEC, so Stoops took Leach from Mumme. OU needed an immediate QB, and it came down to 2 JUCO Qb's- Heupel and one other. They offered Heupel, and I think he commited almost immediately. Leach says that Heupel had a very accurate arm (not strong) but was a coach's kid and was very smart. Leach and Heupel watched film on the floor of their new football facility for 2 days because they didn't have furniture yet.

Leach left after 1999 to become head coach at Texas Tech, and Heupel led OU to the national title in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back