Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think another year would be good for him and us. He has had some clutch games but we are in a smaller ball park and he has a .250 batting average. He isn’t a true power hitter so I think he needs to stick around.
He is probably not a pro prospect so staying around is bc he loves the Vols and living a dream.

Have you had her DNA tested?

giphy.gif

Both my children are adopted, so no…😎

OMG, Doc! I just saw this (pulling a Doc and catching up late) and wanted to let you know we're definitely thinking of you and yours. Thoughts and prayers for all of you. I don't know what I would do if I was forced to be away but your daughter is already in great hands.

She is doing great after surgery. Curative!

FTR, I am open to admitting I’m wrong because I know I am not perfect and there has only been one perfect Man. That one perfect Man also taught me to beware a wolf in sheep’s clothing so I am very cautious to information I receive and I research thoroughly. I don’t believe in fact checkers, I am my own fact checker.
This "everything's a gray area" crowd better be getting their heads out of their backsides. You better stand for something or you'll get left sitting for nothing. There is plenty of black and white if you truly stand firm in your beliefs.

The other side of it is moral relativists who are creating gray areas where they didn’t exist before.
Being open to adjusting your understanding or beliefs and moral relativism are two completely separate issues.

Just take a moral relativist, for example: "being a slaveowner wasn't morally wrong in the 1700's because it was the norm of the time, region, etc" that same person could be completely closed off to different ideas or understandings.

And many other folks can go from "this is definitively acceptable" to "this is definitively wrong". From black to white - both believing in moral objectivism and also being open to new information or understandings and therefore switching.

Or a third example - science. It can be both objective (in its best form) and only looking at current facts...while also systematically being open to better theories via its very own method.

Being open to adjusting your understanding or beliefs and moral relativism are two completely separate issues.

Just take a moral relativist, for example: "being a slaveowner wasn't morally wrong in the 1700's because it was the norm of the time, region, etc" that same person could be completely closed off to different ideas or understandings.

And many other folks can go from "this is definitively acceptable" to "this is definitively wrong". From black to white - both believing in moral objectivism and also being open to new information or understandings and therefore switching.

Or a third example - science. It can be both objective (in its best form) and only looking at current facts...while also systematically being open to better theories via its very own method.
I get all this, and minds have to evolve in changing times, to a certain point. Thank goodness I had progressive thinking parents, the 60’s hippies type. I also get what McGill thinks. My own beliefs are buried somewhere in between. Do you or anyone think you will change what he believes? I don’t and I respect that.

“Inexperience hasn’t bitten the Vols yet, and who’s the say that now is the time? Can UT outlast the other UT? Tennessee isn’t the highest wattage group of stars in Omaha, but the Vols have had a run of getting the timely hit, whether it’s Rucker or Drew Gilbert or on-base machine Liam Spence. One thing to watch is that UT hasn’t really hit significant adversity yet in the Tournament. How they respond with their backs against the wall could be the difference between a nice run and a title.”

From Saturday Down South article. The bolded part makes me think they haven’t watched any of our playoff games, certainly not one in particular.

“Inexperience hasn’t bitten the Vols yet, and who’s the say that now is the time? Can UT outlast the other UT? Tennessee isn’t the highest wattage group of stars in Omaha, but the Vols have had a run of getting the timely hit, whether it’s Rucker or Drew Gilbert or on-base machine Liam Spence. One thing to watch is that UT hasn’t really hit significant adversity yet in the Tournament. How they respond with their backs against the wall could be the difference between a nice run and a title.”

From Saturday Down South article. The bolded part makes me think they haven’t watched any of our playoff games, certainly not one in particular.

That was one of the dumbest statements I believe I have read from the media about this team.

Just got a nice 40 on my midterms. Went from a 97 to 76 overall. 👌👌love it

15 damn questions with 5 worth 10 points please get me out of school

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back