Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of killing big game like elephants, or rhinos, or big cats? I've never heard of people actually eating these animals, but maybe they do? Aren't elephants and rhinos endangered, or close to? If you're killing just for the thrill of killing, I don't get it. It's not something I would do. But I also won't sit in judgement. I'd guess I wouldn't get along well with those people, but if they're operating within the confines of the law, their action are on them.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
What's the point of killing big game like elephants, or rhinos, or big cats? I've never heard of people actually eating these animals, but maybe they do? Aren't elephants and rhinos endangered, or close to? If you're killing just for the thrill of killing, I don't get it. It's not something I would do. But I also won't sit in judgement. I'd guess I wouldn't get along well with those people, but if they're operating within the confines of the law, their action are on them.
Tiger meat is high sought after.

Yes, they are all endangered.

White Rhino's are nearly extinct.

I'm not a lawyer, but, if legal to import the heads of these endangered animals, that's the issue. There is no sport in hopping off a bus aiming a high powered rifle at a barn sized animal and killing it.

boo!

Lost my orange kitty during pandemic. Best cat (only cat) ive ever owned.
Mine's a Persian. She's more my mom's cat, but a family cat. I got her and her sister for my mom a few months after my dad passed. She needed something to love and focus on, to help her through the loss. We lost her sister a couple of years ago to feline leukemia. Hoping that's not the case this time.

The staff is gaining traction or the fact that they can’t recruit? I’ve been out of the loop for a bit.
Many of the “realists” have knocked CJHs ability to recruit even though the recruiting #s suggest he was at least on par with Scott Frosts numbers while at UCF and that he couldn’t recruit here and doom and gloom. I’ve argued we need to take a wait and see attitude because he’s come in behind the 8 ball as far as relationships (in state in particular), a massive unprecedented dead period, and looming NCAA violations.

Now, with the dead period over, he seems to be picking up steam and making some positive in roads on some high caliber players which I see as very impressive. What they’ve done with Walter Nolen’s recruitment is nothing short of Lazarus level.

Edit: Isiah Horton as well...

Tiger meat is high sought after.

Yes, they are all endangered.

White Rhino's are nearly extinct.

I'm not a lawyer, but, if legal to import the heads of these endangered animals, that's the issue. There is no sport in hopping off a bus aiming a high powered rifle at a barn sized animal and killing it.
I agree that there's no sport in it. And like I said, it's not something I would do.

Mine's a Persian. She's more my mom's cat, but a family cat. I got her and her sister for my mom a few months after my dad passed. She needed something to love and focus on, to help her through the loss. We lost her sister a couple of years ago to feline leukemia. Hoping that's not the case this time.
Orange cat was the sweetest cat ive ever met. My kids could tug on, turn upside down, etc. And he purred.

Just shout, "It's coming right for us!" before you fire, then you are justified. Learned that from South Park a long time ago.

The only reason I can see there being for those kind of hunts is to keep populations stable in areas that have limited space and resources. If they get to a point where the animals start starving and having severe health issues because of malnutrition then that is just good herd management.

I still don't like killing endangered species, but I understand it when it needs to be done for those reasons.

They usually donate the elephant meat to villages. They eat it. Watched a documentary about it one time and they took everything. It was amazing the chunks of meat they carried off. There was hardly anything left. The rhinos I'm not sure about.

The way I understand it elephants are plentiful in certain areas. They manage all the game like we do deer here. I have zero desire to big game hunt in Africa but I see nothing wrong with it. It pumps millions into conservation efforts. Poaching is where the real problems lie. Some of the conservation funds go to try and limit Poaching.

The only reason I can see there being for those kind of hunts is to keep populations stable in areas that have limited space and resources. If they get to a point where the animals start starving and having severe health issues because of malnutrition then that is just good herd management.

I still don't like killing endangered species, but I understand it when it needs to be done for those reasons.
If they're endangered, why would that need to happen? Tranquilize some and move them to new areas, or even zoos, to protect the species.

I understand the concept of thinning herds to protect the species when you have overpopulation, but overpopulation wouldn't be an issue with an endangered species.

They usually donate the elephant meat to villages. They eat it. Watched a documentary about it one time and they took everything. It was amazing the chunks of meat they carried off. There was hardly anything left. The rhinos I'm not sure about.

The way I understand it elephants are plentiful in certain areas. They manage all the game like we do deer here. I have zero desire to big game hunt in Africa but I see nothing wrong with it. It pumps millions into conservation efforts. Poaching is where the real problems lie. Some of the conservation funds go to try and limit Poaching.
If it's within the confines of the law, I'm not gonna judge. I wouldn't do it, but if they're doing it legally, then they're allowed to do it.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
This morning feels like it's dragging by. Probably because I'm anticipating that vet appt for my cat. Probably leave here soon.

that's because you are not an *******.

Not about this issue, but
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back