Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
And some people let their favorite team cause them intense ass pain that clouds their judgement. Bama wouldn't be taking him with a single year of playing time if they didn't see him for what he was: a day one starter at least and most likely an early draft pick.

Not a Henry T fan at all. I can just recognize transferring under the circumstances isn't a character flaw.

I could be wrong but Toot is technically a Sophomore this year. He still has 3 to play. He will be a developmental prospect for them as he needs to work on pass play recognition and put on weight.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
NCAA is gonna have to change the rules om transfers counting toward the 25 cap. It needs to be you get a spot for every scholarship player you lose. Otherwise, there are gonna be teams that struggle to reach the 85 cap. And we might be one of them.
Agree but will that not cause problems with teams running some players off to the portal so they can get someone else?

I could be wrong but Toot is technically a Sophomore this year. He still has 3 to play. He will be a developmental prospect for them as he needs to work on pass play recognition and put on weight.
To'oTo'o has said all along he is going pro after 3 years in college. There will be little development for him, as he is missing another Spring of football.

Lmfao. Only UT. Nick Saban, Henry T, Lane Kiffin at ole miss, all are about to put a beat down on us this year. I'm sure Bruce Pearl will get one in also in basketball . Its tough being a vol fan.
Bless your heart. Only the strongest are Volunteers. I know several that jump on the latest winning train.

And some people let their favorite team cause them intense ass pain that clouds their judgement. Bama wouldn't be taking him with a single year of playing time if they didn't see him for what he was: a day one starter at least and most likely an early draft pick.

Not a Henry T fan at all. I can just recognize transferring under the circumstances isn't a character flaw.
Actually AL would take him if they thought he would provide the depth they needed in the 4th quarter to win the close games or in case of injury to others because they are in a position to do that.

Do we not get spots back when players transfer? I feel like we should have a lot more, but Callahan made it sounds like we only have 1 or 2
Not when they transfer. Only if they haven't enrolled yet as commitments and we are just releasing them from their NLI.

Transfer portal makes the rich richer again

Our best player leaves to become a marginal contributor to the best program over the last decade while we are throwing the long snapper in for Reps at LB
Not when the games count. And he’s not OUR best player.

I hate to say it, but Bama actually develops players, which is why it's odd to me that we saw no player development under Pruitt.
Well...Saban develops players. Regardless of what guys fill his rotational roster of rehab coaches. The rest eat off of Saban's plate. No different than Belichick and his coaching tree. Not exactly hugely successful.

To'oTo'o has said all along he is going pro after 3 years in college. There will be little development for him, as he is missing another Spring of football.

That’s why I compared this transfer to Jalen Hurd transferring. Hurd was in a position where even if he had in his junior year performed similarly to that of his sophomore year he was at worst a late 2nd round RB. Henry T. Would be a 3rd-5th round guy with a similar year at UT.

Yes Henry would’ve had to learn a new scheme at UT but he would’ve had a spring to learn it and still been “The Guy”. He is going to Bama with no spring to learn/play within the system and is more than likely going to be the 3rd-5th guy.

Instead of working to be MLB/captain of a defense in 2021 he is going to be working to be a rotational/situational WLB. Instead of the draft at the end of the year his sights will more than likely be set on winning the WLB spot at Bama for 2022.

NCAA is gonna have to change the rules om transfers counting toward the 25 cap. It needs to be you get a spot for every scholarship player you lose. Otherwise, there are gonna be teams that struggle to reach the 85 cap. And we might be one of them.

Have to disagree. Schools should be incentived for keeping players, not losing them, or worse yet, pushing them out. Of course we're just seeing the downside right now during a coaching transition, so it hurts worse. But across all teams, giving teams a new spot for every transfer, and watch how many teams start cutting 10-15 worst performers each year and taking 35-40 man classes. Alabama would be the first to do this. And Butch. It would only EXACERBATE the transfer market. Opening up more spots means even more demand. The transfer market would double over night.

Jmo but the goal should be to minimize the number of overall transfers, not maximize. Lessen the demand and the supply will eventually realize and match it. Increase demand and watch the number of transfers shoot up when Bama has 10 extra spots and everyone jumps at the opportunity.

Reactions: PA Vol
VN from now until Henry T starts until he gets drafted in the first two rounds next year. Can't wait.

You’re being an ass bag on this one. This is a straight up douche bag move on Henry T’s side and he deserves all the hate (especially when Florida’s name came out). I’ve explained to my 11 year old that if he wanted to transfer to Ohio St, USC, Oregon, I don’t care. But you don’t transfer to a Rival, that is classless. Why did we all hate Butch so much? It wasn’t all about how he left us (in part yes) but it was mostly that cigar he lit up the next year.

Hope he plays two more years because his draft stock is 💩

I hate to say it, but Bama actually develops players, which is why it's odd to me that we saw no player development under Pruitt.

We did in year one and two. Tuttle, Warrior, Bituli, Shamburger, Thompson, Deandre Johnson, Taylor, Bennett were all better under Pruitt or developed.

It was the OL, offensive philosophy, and of course, QB that were his severe downfall.

If people are convinced he won't start/contribute there, then who really cares? If that's the case, then let's just be happy Bama wasted a spot.

/silverlining

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back