Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to talk with Coach Heupel today, briefly.

He said Maurer is trash and the starting competition is between Bailey and Milton.

Jk. Super cordial. I told him it will be nice to have an explosive offense here for a change and he said he's gonna do a lot of things different than what we've seen. That was about the extent of it.

Most realistic scenario following end of fall camp:

Bailey QB1
Milton (Comes in for run heavy packages)
Salter (he becomes #2 by end of season and gets some playtime)

Mauer transfers
Hooker transfers

We sign one QB this class if we get who we want, if we whiff we sign 2 guys.

This would honestly be best case scenario for us, so naturally none of it happens and JG somehow transfers back in time for fall camp.

It's good to have Milton. Be nice to have Mitchell. Coach Heup suggested we would be looking to fortify the D Line with pick ups. Any ideas what this might look like?

Reactions: drvenner
Buck Reising from the 104.5 The Zone mentioned that David Ubben said that he was hearing that Texas LB Juwan Mithcell was telling people that he was leaning toward the real UT. FWIW.
Well give the kid credit. He knows how to win over the fan base.

Reactions: SoilVol
You got guys like Crompton, Emmanuel Mosley and Jakob Johnson out there making it among others, so definitely a possibility... UT has been a place where plenty of kids come out underused, underdeveloped, but make it in the NFL...
I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be to have a few draft busts. Guys who way over perform in college and then don't do anything in the NFL. That would be pretty cool.

I agree. I'm a Bailey fan, but I'm not sure how high his ceiling is. I think his ceiling is probably Jake Fromm level. Good, but not elite. I could be wrong, but that's jmo. Milton, with his gifts, could be special if he could be developed to his potential.

Not sure how you make that judgement on Bailey who finally got in a full Spring practice since he has been here and only played what 4 games and looked better than a 5th year Senior and being under the coaching of your favorite coach winky. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back