Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guys just make plays. Damn the stars or measureables.
Didn't get to see the game to see what everyone is talking about with Jancek, but the chatter reminds me of a recently retired NFL WR, Julian Edelman. He played QB at Kent State but the Patriots took a chance and drafted him to play WR. He did pretty good for them.

Good post. And yeah, in some instances it's nice to have a true running threat at QB to run more RPO stuff if he can also be an accurate passer with touch when needed. But look again at Huepel's qb's from the past that were very effective. How many of them were true running threats? How many of the qb's expected to go high in the draft are true dual threat qb's? They are not a necessity to have a succesful offense. A smart, instinctive qb who can smell pressure and side step when needed and then deliver a strike is more valuable imo.
You don’t need a running qb to run RPO......Alabama ran it all the time with Mac Jones.

Didn't get to see the game to see what everyone is talking about with Jancek, but the chatter reminds me of a recently retired NFL WR, Julian Edelman. He played QB at Kent State but the Patriots took a chance and drafted him to play WR. He did pretty good for them.
There are rare occurrences where walk-one can earn playing time and possibly even become stars.... we seem to have two that have impressed to varying degrees..... Davis and Pakk..... Jancek had a great game Saturday but he played the entire time with third stringers so I doubt we will be seeing him in the fall.

Reactions: VolByLaw
At least one of them will transfer out. Wouldn’t be surprised if two of the current QB’s left.
Is UT Hookers free year or can he transfer again and still be able to play immediately? If he has immediate eligibility at UT, I doubt he transfers again.

Just got a text from a buddy doing a western trip like McGill has been doing recently. He and his wife flew out to Utah and are visiting Dead Horse Point State Park today. Guess who found another random Vol fan to talk spring football with as they strolled the area?

We are everywhere. :cool:

Well, to be fair, my parents didn’t move to Memphis proper when my Dad was relocated. I grew up in a suburb. They still live there, and I now own a home and am raising 4 kids. Some of the best schools in the state. I just take a little offense to criticism of the whole county because we are all in it. I could probably have a party with a couple hundred Vol fans, and that’s just the ones I know.

I am a criminal defense attorney, so I guess it gives me business😀 Dallas metro has gotten too big for me, but I’m still a Cowboys fan because I grew up on it.
I lived all over the city when I was there. My opinion of Memphis is deep rooted from living there and it's not speculation. I witnessed the city wide corruption from the powers that be for many years and the constant Friday and Saturday night murders. I really don't miss any of it. If I ever moved back, it would be somewhere in west Tennessee.

Reactions: Vols4us
The most enjoyable part of the day was listening to CJH after the game when asked his thoughts on the scrimmage. It was a coherent collection of words that were spoken by someone that appears to have a grasp of the English language and is able to communicate lucidly what he was thinking......stunning.
Are you trying to pi$$ off our hillbillies :p:p:p

Reactions: thistime
I lived all over the city when I was there. My opinion of Memphis is deep rooted from living there and it's not speculation. I witnessed the city wide corruption from the powers that be for many years and the constant Friday and Saturday night murders. I really don't miss any of it. If I ever moved back, it would be somewhere in west Tennessee.
Ya, Memphis is bad on all counts. If the leadership wasn't so corrupt/inept, they could have made something decent of the city with all the revenue from tourism and FedEx and IP and AutoZone etc. Some bad cities just haven't had the economic basics to ever make their city really good, but Memphis doesn't have that excuse.

Just because there are a few decent rich areas doesn't redeem the city.

I loved playing golf at Colonial Country Club and Southwind. I was a member at Windyke for about 15 years and I do miss playing those courses.

My Dad was a member at Windyke for years, and it’s where I really learned to play. I have 4 young kids, and golf has not been a part of life the last 5-8 years, but I played Southwind on Friday. Surprised at how well I hit it for not playing in several years.

They were allowed to come if they just gave them a heads up, right? They weren’t denied access like GVX was reporting. Dooley said he just wanted a heads up.

No they weren’t. He shot them a few of “no’s”
Even if yiu believe Dooley after He tried to spin it, what sense does that make? Your alums should be able to come and go whenever. ****, they’re encouraged to pop In, work out, & even mentor at nearly every other program.

Ya, Memphis is bad on all counts. If the leadership wasn't so corrupt/inept, they could have made something decent of the city with all the revenue from tourism and FedEx and IP and AutoZone etc. Some bad cities just haven't had the economic basics to ever make their city really good, but Memphis doesn't have that excuse.

Just because there are a few decent rich areas doesn't redeem the city.

That’s not all of it. Nashville is the priority when it comes to getting funding from the politicians. We can argue as to why all day, but it happens. While I’m not affiliated with his party, the current mayor is a step up from what Memphis has had.

As to your second paragraph, I don’t agree at at all. One of (if not the wealthiest) the wealthiest zip codes in TN is in Shelby County. Also has the best public school in the state. You wouldn’t find this wealth here if there were no redeeming qualities.

Reactions: barrylee
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back