Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing we will agree to disagree on, too, I love baseball and the Cubs

Huge Cubs and Bears fan here. Wife used to live close to Wrigley and turned me to a fan. Probably been to about 20 games at Wrigley. Get the MLB Package every year to watch the Cubbies.

Now you done made me go and do it to ya....

First off they arenā€™t all ā€œFreshmanā€ Jabari Small, Dee Beckwith, Tee Hodge, and Tiyon Evans are Sophomores.

The only True Freshman is Jaylen Wright.

Of the individuals I listed Tiyon Evans and Jabari Small have proven they can block very well.

Tiyon Evans is a better RB than Eric Gray, he is literally a home run waiting to happen who can break tackles and block. Jabari Small is your guy if you want someone who isnā€™t afraid to get that extra yardage by lowering his shoulder and he is an excellent blocker.

As for the other guys, they will find their rhythm but like you said if they canā€™t block they wonā€™t play. So, good thing we have so many. All of them are good though, example was Dee Beckwith in his like 10 to 15yd reception. As for Hodge the only thing that kept him from seeing time was injuries.

Iā€™m sure someone has said this, but Gray is a proven SEC back. No one knows what Evans is yet.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Iā€™m sure someone has said this, but Gray is a proven SEC back. No one knows what Evans is yet.
Everyone is speculating....giving their opinion at what will happen based on what information they have. Should everyone just not talk about anything until after the spring game or maybe the first game? Or wait until after the first SEC game?

Is he really all that proven though? He was solid sure, he was fast sure. But he never made guys miss and pretty much every play got what it was blocked for and very little more.

So youā€™re hoping it will be better? I asked for concrete facts in sec play and you talked about injuries juco and how the new staff will coach em up!!! Hope in one hand and... well you know what In the other...
Otis is perpetually drunk in Mayberry. Your posts remind me a lot of him.

Is he really all that proven though? He was solid sure, he was fast sure. But he never made guys miss and pretty much every play got what it was blocked for and very little more.

Also, was a big fat zero as a blocker in pass pro. Which meant they had to keep a TE to help with it when they figured out he couldn't do it.

Yep. Thought about that after my post.

All most people see is what they do with the ball in their hands and even then they miss a lot of it like the yards after contact like you pointed out. We had two goobers as RB's on that point. Both would fall down as soon as a hand grabbed a leg or foot. People don't watch their pass pattern route running, how well they carry out fakes, blocking, fumbling, etc. - just how many yards did they get with the ball.

All most people see is what they do with the ball in their hands and even then they miss a lot of it like the yards after contact like you pointed out. We had two goobers as RB's on that point. Both would fall down as soon as a hand grabbed a leg or foot. People don't watch their pass pattern route running, how well they carry out fakes, blocking, fumbling, etc. - just how many yards did they get with the ball.
Yeah, his numbers look like he was a decent backs, but there were so many little things he did not do. In my head if I compare him to early Hurd or the one year of Kamara he isnt close to either.

Yeah, his numbers look like he was a decent backs, but there were so many little things he did not do. In my head if I compare him to early Hurd or the one year of Kamara he isnt close to either.

I'm not trying to start anything but you mentioned Kamara and it reminded me that I had seen one analyst talking about Evans when he wasn't committed to us and the guy said Evans reminded him of watching highlights of Alvin Kamara when he was at Tennessee. TIFWIW.

(ducks head to dodge incoming)

I'm not trying to start anything but you mentioned Kamara and it reminded me that I had seen one analyst talking about Evans when he wasn't committed to us and the guy said Evans reminded him of watching highlights of Alvin Kamara when he was at Tennessee. TIFWIW.

(ducks head to dodge incoming)
Would love to have another back close to AK. He was different(in a good way)

People donā€™t really think about it or care but you know what stops a LB, DE, or DB from rushing as hard?

Getting popped straight in the mouth by a RB who isnā€™t afraid to block them. For all the hate Hurd got, that kid would step up and smack those dudes right in their mouths every time.

RBs are effective mechanisms for wearing down defenses in more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back