Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a wise choice. Vic and Bill's was where my friends and I liked to go after drinking at The Last Lap or Ivy's and have a steamed sandwich. Between 2:00 and 4:00 AM, there was an interesting array of characters coming through there, to say the least.
Chicken in a Sack was my go-to there.

I have to say, I never understood the appeal of the steamed sandwich. Does anywhere else do that, or is it just a Knoxville thing?

Reactions: StoVol and drvenner
Chicken in a Sack was my go-to there.

I have to say, I never understood the appeal of the steamed sandwich. Does anywhere else do that, or is it just a Knoxville thing?
I have not seen it anywhere else, but it is very good. The Vol Burger was great there and I liked both chicken and steak in a sack. As often as I went there, I probably sampled most of the menu. It was always good.

Definitely a wise choice. Vic and Bill's was where my friends and I liked to go after drinking at The Last Lap or Ivy's and have a steamed sandwich. Between 2:00 and 4:00 AM, there was an interesting array of characters coming through there, to say the least.
Yes same here, hard to put into words some of the things I saw there. A darn good sandwich anytime but really good after a night of drinking.

I was also a frequent patron of the "Lap" and the "Library". Many great times.

They can’t transfer to get away from
Amateurism issues. The only way they could play and have taken money is to pay the $ back or the ncaa gave them immunity. I can’t see the investigation being far enough along any of our players got any immunity being granted

Yup. Tom Mars covered this issue in a tweet a while back:

There isn't a particularly good reason for cases to be dropping as fast as they are right now, which strongly suggests that while 'novel', there was likely pre-existing immunity. Confirmed cases + unconfirmed cases + vaccine + apparent pre-existing immunity = cases falling like a rock = herd immunity is imminent. Unless a variant completely breaks that, there is a decent chance there won't be much to talk about by late April. I'm sure many will still err on the side of caution, but we may still be able to put a good group in Neyland.

I heard a Dr say on the news when another variant breaks out like in Europe that they get weaker and the vaccine now would cover them all.

"late night roast beef and hot pepper cheese on dark"?

Is that code for some kind of weird sex act?
Well, when I used to work the graveyard shift at UniSource (paper distributor to print shops), every Friday, we would order Vic and Bill's. Back then, they were above The Carousal and we picked up the food around 3 am and it was packed with drag queens, just saying

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back