Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm more along the line no pruitt, no McDonalds bags of green...as the FBI says follow the money. It apparently leads to ok and the barn. Surprise? Not really. Again, just my unfounded opinion.
I agree, and I think a lot of people don't factor that in. The McDonald's bags were going to players, and they were coming from some of our coaches that were fired. That's a whole dynamic and loyalty unto it's own.

What I would say it is idiotic is tying your future to ANY coach in this day and time.. The average coach tenure at a in P5 schools is less than 4 years so I would think the smart thing to do would be check out the school and not the coach. And remember all of your arguments about toxic environment, sanctions, friends leaving and the like were brought on BY THE COACH HE WANTED TO PLAY FOR.....so tell me how did that worked out. Maybe the school is what he should have looked at first.
What if we recruited this way.

"I might not be here in two years, but here are some pamphlets and a few pics of our facilities. If you want to know more ask some fans. Let us know when you want to sign."

It's silliness. There are no guarantees the coach will be there, but no one is picking a school because of the campus layout when they are going to be putting in 15 hour days with their team mates and the football staff.

And to act like the kids are supposed to have some "love" for the school after being on campus two times that rivals 40 years of fandom is literally a fairy tail for grown men.

I think that’s the first time I’ve seen the real version of this classic

Dooley_Derp_Recursion.jpg

Let me preface this by saying that I 100% am for and glad that Brooks was released. We need Volunteers that want to be here. Having said that, I don't think it sends the right message to these kids. They need to learn that actions have consequences. They need to learn that when you put your signature on something that should mean something. What happens when he signs a loan document? We need to be telling these kids that when you commit to something, you should honor your word. Everything you own can be taken away but no one can take away your integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back