Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moseley was a 2star with NO other big offers. He wouldn't even be in the NFL if it weren't for his development here. Dumb take.

To be fair, good coaching is only part of development. Kids must also want to be coached.

But yeah, Mosley was a lowly-recruited kid who made the most of his opportunity. He’s always had speed, but now he’s put it all together. I do think Martinez deserves some credit for that.

I would have taken any of the DB's that Martinez put on the field during his tenure over what was we trotted out there over the past 5 years with the exception of Sutton. We make it sound like he was the only blemish in a sea of perfection over the past decade when it comes to our secondary. Welcome AC Martinez once again to Knoxville.

Satellite dish internet is not good for gaming and streaming also what do you do if there is inclement weather?
It's not really designed to compete with big cities that already have the infrastructure. It's for the 90% of the world that's rural and would be nearly impossible to get the necessary infrastructure built in a cost-effective way. 90% is a number i made up but you get the point. The beta test program is literally called the Better than nothing beta. It's on the purchase receipt like that.

What speeds do you need for gaming? I've heard a ping rate is important.
Satellite internet connections are high speed (bandwidth) but also high latency (ping). Cable internet connections are high speed(bandwidth) but low latency (ping).

Internet companies have confused everyone by referring to everything as "speed". When they talk about speed, they are really talking about bandwidth.

Bandwidth is how much data I am allowed to transmit per second on their network. Latency is the actual time it takes that data to get from point A to point B. The reason those aren't the same thing is because I can send more and more data in parallel and the bandwidth will increase, but the latency stays the same.

My internet bill is $45/month for 15 MB/s. That is a "slow" internet connection. But I play video games just fine, because my latency is low, and gaming transmits such a small amount of data I never run up against my bandwidth limit.

Sorry for the drawn out answer. Tldr version: Your bandwidth (MB/s) doesn't really matter in online gaming. You can buy as much bandwidth as you want. If you have high latency, you are going to have lag issues in gaming because the data just isn't being transmitted fast enough. And all satellite internets as of now have high latency. I'm honestly not sure if Elon's system is supposed to improve that or not.

It's not really designed to compete with big cities that already have the infrastructure. It's for the 90% of the world that's rural and would be nearly impossible to get the necessary infrastructure built in a cost-effective way. 90% is a number i made up but you get the point. The beta test program is literally called the Better than nothing beta. It's on the purchase receipt like that.
90% of all statistics are made up. FACT.

Reactions: Sleegro
A lot of rationalization about WM. Some of us have actually watched some of the games he's coached for a long time as well as his career trajectory. There are good reasons he has bounced around many P5 and G5 programs for his entire career.

But who knows, maybe he will enjoy a career resurgence with Banks making it happen.
I thought he did alright here.... it’s really hard for me to tell what a difference a specific coach is making but the secondary stats weren’t bad while he was here imo..... his trajectory wasn’t bad to me..... at Georgia for 9 years.... went to Oklahoma and was fired for the coaches brother..... went to auburn for a season..... lured away by Tennessee the next year with the AHC title.... when he was let go from here went to Cincy where he was lured away to UCF with another AHC title designation.

Reactions: Kristy*
Low rated doesn’t always mean “project” but could be “misevaluated”. Cam Sutton was low rated but he could play right away. Some take longer to develop but it shouldn’t happen after their college career!
Coleman - "A high three-star (87-89): is considered a player with significant NFL upside who we expect to be an impact college football player." So yeah, he wasn't the impact player he could have been here.

Moseley - Two-stars (70-79 rating): These are prospects that we consider to be FBS-level players with very limited NFL potential." Over performed here. Developed into an NFL caliber player.

He was the highest paid Nickle when he signed Detroit deal. Nobody said highest paid DB

What I was responding to, there is a big difference in the 2. Coleman got a 36m deal worth about 9m a year on average. Jalen Ramsey the highest paid DB in the league has a 100m deal worth 20m a year.

They are perfect examples. I remember Coleman missing tackles and coverages. People were screaming to get him out of the lineup. Then at one point he became the highest paid DB in the NFL? That’s a pretty drastic improvement.

Reactions: Kristy*
Keep in mind Willie M. Was JH assistant HC at UCF. So there could be more reasons for wanting him than just coaching CBs. Willie is a long time veteran for a young staff. He has been in a lot of places and lot of big games and lot of recruiting battles. A lot of locker rooms where kids enjoy being around him. So there are other elements he could be thinking of here with bringing Willie than solely CB coaching. He has worked with Garner before so that continuity helps of knowing each other. Has worked with Banks before.

That’s awful. Lol. Can you not get DSL that is Atleast 50 to 100Mbps?

We have fiber, it's just they price gouge. The 1 gig down service they offer is the best value but it's not consistent speeds (throttled a bit) and they still charge too much imo for an inconsistent result.

Basically they force you to carry a phone line and that drives up the pricing.
1613675132056.png

We got the silver, but that $69.95 is just the cost of the internet, they add on a load of other BS that drives it up to what I'm paying now.

So I've been out and about today, other than Willie, have any other defensive coaches been named?

I've never heard of Starlink until today in here and I am officially intrigued. For the past 6 years I've used an ATT hotspot for my home internet which has been okay but definitely has limits. $600 initial investment with $100/month price tag isn't very inviting though. Do we have any actual Starlink users in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back