Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been saying for YEARS Tennessee is not a destination job, nor recruits itself. Fulmer was promoted... He “knew“ how to make sure to grab big time recruits every other year and effort one year/lazy the next is devastating in the SEC. Sure we have a massive recruiting budget, but UT needs it. Kiffin was the right hire at the time in theory (Hamilton couldn’t have predicted USC’s calling). Kiffin bailing in the fashion he did really started the decline. Dooley was rumored to be the 7th choice. Butch was rumored to be the 4-5th choice. Pruitt was I think due to the timing of the hire 7-8th option. I stood by all these guys and will so with coach JH, but when will we find out what option he was... I hope it makes for a great story. VB!

Reactions: FBtime
Big thing not talked about yet. These players asked for a coach who can win now and not three years from now. They seem hungry and know (without saying it) that they weren’t coached well or out in positions to win. This team could easily win eight games if they completely buy in and JH is the coach we hope he is. I want to see a hungry team who fights every game. I still think we out talent 7-8 teams next year.

Just got to watch presser, listened earlier, last point then I’m moving on.

I kind of like how genuinely excited JH looked, almost kind of a pinch me moment. It’s been documented that him and OU had a falling out after he got fired. Hopefully Rocky Top can become the home he’s looking for long term and he can have the sense of belonging he’s talking about.

This thing has needed someone who WANTS to be here besides the money. I think we might of gotten lucky and found him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back