Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We struck out on a lot of coaches. Yet we wouldn’t talk to any coaches with Sexton as their agent and wouldn’t even look at Freeze and Kiffin. So we limited our pool severely. This program is a damn joke. We could have had Freeze at any moment and become a top ten program regularly. IDAF about the NCAA. They are going to do whatever they do regardless of the coach. This administration just sucks and thinks it’s above so many coaches and always wants to find the diamond in the rough.

Do we try to keep Steele on staff and get Garner too, or will he go a different direction for DC? I think if we were able to get a good D staff and some coordinators we have a chance.

The whole "not a lot of interest" is just spin from the ****ing AD who **** his pants on the one job he was hired to do.

It's pure spin. That's all it is.

LoL. If talking out of your @ss was an Olympic sport, you would be a gold medalist.

Neither you, nor anyone else on this board has any idea of who did or didn’t have internet. But I’m willing to bet many said “no” immediately.

Reactions: Aesius
It's Heupel. And I think it is a good hire, reserving the right to change my mind in three years.

We have to face it, Tennessee is NOT a destination job. We have been told "Thanks, but no thanks" by coaches all over the country. It is a pipe dream we were going to hire The One True Coach that everyone knew would have us in Atlanta in three years. The only ones of that ilk are Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Lincoln Riley, Dabo Sweeney, Ryan Day and Brian Kelly. And not one of those would do more than take the phone call to say "no thanks" and then laugh about it with their staffs. Geez, there are a lot of folks on here who would have balked and raised Cain if it was being announced we were getting Kirby Smart, who is a notch below that group.

We're a mess. Let's hope CJH's youth and energy shows positive results quickly. Frankly, given the coaches that have turned us down, we're lucky to get someone of this caliber.

Go Vols and Welcome to Knoxville, CJH.
agreed.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
from chris low
From coaches I have talked to, will have a good offense with JH. Mixed reaction from coaches Low has talked to about JH. Most concerning is the ability for him to recruit in the SEC. Coaches Low talked to last night said that was the overwhelming concern most had on JH.

Don't let @HankHill see this--- he says UT still recruits itself and we will be fine... LOL

We struck out on a lot of coaches. Yet we wouldn’t talk to any coaches with Sexton as their agent and wouldn’t even look at Freeze and Kiffin. So we limited our pool severely. This program is a damn joke. We could have had Freeze at any moment and become a top ten program regularly. IDAF about the NCAA. They are going to do whatever they do regardless of the coach. This administration just sucks and thinks it’s above so many coaches and always wants to find the diamond in the rough.
Freeze was never an option, if Auburn did not even look at him, we definitely were not going to hire Freeze. That was a pipe dream.

At this point I don't even care about recruiting. We have had so many blue chip busts in the past 10 years it's unbelievable. Let's see if this guy and his staff can actually coach up a competent offense (and hopefully have Steele coach up a competent defense).

BINGO.

Reactions: jakez4ut
No need in spinning it any way. With pending sanctions, we did what we could.

At this time, we are not looked at as a desirable place to coach. We are Toxic. Period. That’s the cold hard truth. If anyone sees it any other way you are delusional.

No amount of money is gonna change that.

Now, who’s to say we didn’t hire a good coach that can weather the storm, and put some points on the board?? We have two good kids at QB that will be coached up by one on the best QB coaches in the country.

If he brings in a good staff, who knows what will happen. Maybe he sets the world on fire and maybe he falls on his face. Time will tell. But stats prove he knows offense.

No need in being down and pouting about it, it is what it is. We tried and with how the culture and with the looming sanctions overhead, coaches won’t touch us.

So really you need to point the distain towards Pruitt, and this is what we got in return.

This ten times over.

Naw. There isn’t anything to realize. We are a top program who keeps spitting out garbage when we make bad hires. We also keep making coaches not want to come here but opening investigations on them and firing them for cause. We are our own worst enemy and our administration has tanked a once proud program. And same thing was said for Pruitt, he just needs a good OC.
Top program? Lol

Reactions: Brick_By_Brick
Don't listen to the chatter of "no coach was interested in Tennessee " they put this stuff out to justify their crappy hires. I've seen it first hand.
Yep. 100%. Can’t wait for AV to come in with his BS. I could have gone and got Kiffin and Freeze tomorrow with some VFLs. We would have packed their bags for them and been excited to bring us back to relevance. But our administration wants people they can control and bows down to boosters. They are killing this program for their egos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back