Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel is the sacrificial lamb for us to make the right hire in 2024. Hope the buyout won’t set us back.

What a waste of millions of dollars for (a) getting Steele for 2 months; (b) hiring an investigative law firm to kill our program; (c) buyout of old AD; (d) buyout of new AD from previous school; (e) hiring the Parker search firm to screw us again; (f) hiring another rental coach. There should be an investigation into money wasted since November.

But.........we are on probation. You left that out......

UCF’s 247 recruiting rankings starting with ‘21 and going backwards are:
61, 75, 60, and 62.
Obviously JH can do more with less but isn’t that the case with Freeze and Chadwell. Even more so and they want to be here. Josh makes $2.3M per at UCF. Wonder what we’re shelling out for him?...

Could anyone entertain the possibility that maybe.. just maybe White is in over his head? Resume and intro presser impressed me but a lot of coaches do the same thing.
I think he got humbled a little. Imo he thought he could throw his resume/money around and just pull who he wanted.

I think if they trot out a hire along the lines of JH (if it's not him I can't imagine it's going to be a while lot better), then the administration better be prepared for something that's not happened for the last few hires. The fan base is going to immediately be skeptical of the hire. Even the Dooley hire almost everyone bought in immediately (son of a coaching legend, southern charm, great hair, won the press conference & they rallied around the anti-Kiffin sentiment etc). Butch had a decent resume on paper for people to buy in and Pruitt was the anti-Butch.

I'm not a fan of a JH hire, but I doubt they're going to give the job to anyone who would truly bring excitement. I'm just curious how they'll sell a coach to a fan base that's not fired up to buy in

There is no let’s see. If Heupal is really offered he’s not saying no lol. Also lord help us if he says no.

No doubt I’m literally more mad about the overthrow process that led to this more than the guy himself. I’m sure it will be more fun to watch than the past 3 years and I’d be interested to see his staff for a guy that has played on big stage and coached on it a long time that he probably has connections for a nice staff. Just wish we didn’t tank our organization in process also pissing off half the players leading to a portal dump of the roster

Reactions: BP4Prez
In all seriousness, if it's JH, we must have missed on every single target. No way DW was expecting this. I don't think he takes this job if he knew he'd end up where he's at now. That's a really bad look to poach your last hire too.
Not all together wrong here.

Great post about Heupel’s record on VQ:

2018- 12-1
-Gave LSU all they wanted in NY6 game. Lost 40-32 back when LSU had a sick defense.
-Also lost star QB, Milton McKenzie, last regular season game. Still won conference championship over a really good Memphis team.
-Destroyed Pitt by 5 TDs.
-I don't care what level or talent you have if you go 12-1 against really good conference competition you can coach. That doesn't just happen.

2019- had to play a freshman with no McKenzie and he ate.... went 10-3.
-Beat Stanford by 3 TDs
-Lost to Pitt by 1 @ Pitt who had a stacked NFL player loaded defense and still dropped 34 points losing by 1.
-Lost to a really good Cincy team @ Cincy by a FG
-Lost @ Tulsa by a FG.
-Destroyed Marshall in bowl game by 4 TDs.

Again a freshman QB and averaged 43.3 PPG.

2020- 6-4

-Posters ITT telling me they had around 10 players opt out
-Destroyed Georgia Tech 49-21
-Lost to a really good Tulsa team by a TD. Tulsa lost to Ok State by 9, Miss State by 2 and Cincy by 3.
-Lost to Memphis by 1 point
-Lost to Cincy by 3 who turned out to be a Top 10 team in the country. Scored 33 on that Luke Fickell defense.
-Lost bowl game to a buzzsaw BYU team with a QB who is about to go Top 5.

Averaged 41 PPG.

Can we quit with the garbage that this guy isn't an offensive stud or coach? They play in a really really good conference that is very competitive top to bottom. He lost 3 games by a possession this past year.

If he is the guy we need to give him a blank check for his DC and defensive staff. If I am Heupel I hand the keys to Steele and let him get Garner and T Will and I handle the offense.

The man can fall out of bed and score points just like he did at Missouri when he absolutely put it on our head 2 straight years. He helped turn Milton McKenzie into a Heisman contender. And scored just as much with a freshman QB when McKenzie was lost on one play.

Hilarious we have "fans" trashing this potential hire because all they did was look at a record in a Covid year with no context. And the other reality is this.... Danny White, who prioritizes leadership and culture, watched this guy daily for 3 years. He absolutely has a grasp of what kind of CEO he would be.
Thanks for posting this Bass. He could work and I would give him a shot. Not in my top ten or anything, but maybe he could work. Still cannot fathom not taking Fleck....

Was this a feeler to the fanbase? If so, it didn’t go well and they may keep looking. My fear is they hire Steele and that would be 1,000 times worse. But maybe they circle back to Chadwell....
I like Chadwell and that he is a Vol's fan, but is he really a better coach? JH has worked at OK and Missouri.

Imagine if we had just gone the route many of us have been spouting for months by just firing Pruitt and going after a real winner.

We wouldn't be getting turned down by quality coaches because we have sanctions looming over our heads. Auburn dishes out 20 million to get rid of their coach.... South Carolina dishes out 15.

Glad our incompetent administration decided to extend and report Pruitt in order to fire him for cause all in the same year.

Why does our admin love making bargain bin hires, yet give them absurd contracts and buyouts making their removal highly difficult? Maybe if they started hiring winners ages ago we wouldn't be a national embarrassment of a program.
Bargain bin doesn’t even cover it. Heck, I’m a Jew and this is like a super Jew move.

It’s so painful to see how far our program has fallen. A decade plus of incompetence and acting holier than thou has led us here.

Just go hire Freeze and say F everyone’s opinions in the media, the conference, and university administrations. He’s there for the taking...

Thanks for posting this Bass. He could work and I would give him a shot. Not in my top ten or anything, but maybe he could work. Still cannot fathom not taking Fleck....
Yeah I don’t know why fleck isn’t a take or Chadwell isn’t even a phone call. But Heupel can clearly coach an offense. Sure did whip up on Lane 2 years in a row

Alright here we go. Heupel shocks the world and hires his former boss Bob Stoops as DC. Stoops wants back into coaching but not with the stress of Hc position. Dream come true lol yeah not happening but I’d be over the moon hint hint

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back