Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to give it to White. At his opening press conference he said he doesn’t listen to fans, he’s going to hire who he wants. He certainly did just that if he trots Heupel out.

He also said for VN to shut up and be quiet on Twitter. I have a feeling that part won’t go so well for him. I hate twitter and don’t tweet, so you can count on me, Danny!
Twitter is legit the devil.

What is pathetic about being angry that our boosters tanked the program to flip power control back to them to and this was never about hiring a big coach. It was purely for power and control and to stab Fulmer again. If they are so big and bad why not do like every other program does and pay the buyout and keep your mouth shut and move on. Instead we play this game of cheap azz to avoid a buyout and turned in receipts of everything we were doing.
I heard this very thing from someone else earlier tonight. I don’t think that Fulmer was particularly good at being an AD... But this whole thing has been nothing more than some Game of Thrones power struggle.

Reactions: OrangenSC
There are a handful of homegrown Vols fans content creators on social media that have been positively reinforced for years now to be miserable and make everything horrible. The rest of the fanbase likes and retweets those opinions and bases their attitude on the leadership of a few.

You could beg them not to make memes and videos, but they will. Only Kiffin could have galvanized the fan base and turned our best resource (our piss and vinegar attitude) outward to the world instead of inward on itself.

If you don't like miserable fans, just win.

As LA Vol put it earlier, this is likely going to be a bridge hire. Maybe it ends up a HR hire but we need this to be at least a double and someone that can get us to 7 or 8 wins annually which should be doable. Then when NCAA sanctions are over and we're in a decent position, we can flash the big money and make the above average hire since we will be much more attractive. Assuming JH can't get us beyond that threshold.

That's how I'm trying to rationalize this. I believe his offense will work well, it did for UCF and while he was OC at Mizzou. He needs an excellent defensive staff and a few above average recruiters as well. Let's do this!
The next hire will be absolute garbage as well.
You should have learned this by now.

Reactions: berryvol
The writing was on the wall when AV wrote that soliloquy about supporting the program and a blank check.

He spelled it out right there. They gave him a blank check, couldn’t get no one to sign it.

Your check can be good but that doesn't mean the wrong bank will cash it. We keep trying to cash it at the wrong banks while intentionally ignoring the banks that would be more than happy to have our business.

I think the big issue here were fan expectations. Apparently after firing a 3-7 coach for cause due to serious NCAA issues some were expecting General Neyland himself to rise from the dead and resurrect the program.

This x1000.

This fanbase has a highly unrealistic view of where this program stands as of now.

Go ahead. Offense will take a tremendous step forward. I bet Bailey, Hooker, Salter, Hyatt, Evans, Brown, and Wideman are excited. Looking forward to seeing what he does with Holiday too

Hope he makes the most of it because apparently he sucks at recruiting.... You keep focusing on Offense. You do realize there's two sides of the ball and right now we suck on the D side and have sub-par talent... please explain how we are going to get high tier defensive recruits.
Heupel can put up points and it looks pretty... but his defense is not pretty and that's why his W-L record doesn't look good. Yayy we scored a bunch of points--- but the other team scored more and we LOST.

And please don't say Steele is all of a sudden get us studs.

It wouldn't surprise me if he leaked these names to certain boosters/ employees/ media to see where leaks are and figure out who he can trust. It also wouldn't surprise me if because of all the issues with our program, the schianamo and going nuclear on Pruitt, that everyone turned us down and white is gonna have to build it back up from the ground up.
Sift thru all the belly aching... And build it all down... You arrive here.

UCF fan called into uncle lou and said if we hired Heupel we might as well cancel the program. He is a lazy recruiter and simply not good at it. As someone that watches every game, its clear the team is getting worse each year with him. Tennessee does not want him as their head coach.

Ehhh... the record is worse, but the talent isn’t.
There will be more UCF players in the NFL draft this year than any other year.
there’s tons of returning talent too. Especially young talent on defense.
I think the biggest difference could be. Dillon Gabriel is no McKenzie Milton. KZ could literally do it all, throw deep, hit short passes and run the option game. Dillon struggles when rushed and can not run the ball for first downs or in ten red zone like Kz .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back