Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is JH. It would look awful for White. We can't give you a massive raise and all the tools you need, just to bring a coach you were able to hire with less resources and money.

Reactions: yabo
Bob Vols just now:
First, I got 100 messages and over a 100 notifications so sorry I’m not going to get to all.
On Heupel, ink isn’t dry but I’m told that is the direction it’s going and I feel confident he will be the next coach. Press conference tomorrow at 3:00pm is tentatively scheduled. That could be fluid.
Heupel is 28-8 and a brilliant offensive mind and QB coach. He will score points. He put up big numbers as Mizzou’s OC. He knows the SEC landscape. He won a Heisman (insert Weinke jokes, i know). His players love him and he is a good recruiter. Considering all the coaches we vetted and didn’t get good returns this is a good hire imo. You all need to understand where we are as a program right now with sanctions coming. This is not an attractive job. We offered big money to some candidates. I trust Danny White until he gives me a reason not to. This is a good hire. We will score points.
I do believe he will bring Lebby but nothing is set in stone. His defensive hires will be extremely important and something to watch. I do believe he will retain Joe Osovet as his WR coach and possibly Jay Graham as his RB coach.
Does Steele stay or does Lebby bring Randy Shannon who has SEC experience?

This is on Pruitt guys. He gets to move on and we’re left to clean up the disaster that he made. It’s obvious DW swung hard but what can you do when potential major sanctions are on the horizon. JH is an offense guy that seems to do a good job of developing the most important position on the field. Hopefully we use the big money for a solid staff around him.

Offensive rankings under Heupel

Oklahoma co-OC - 2011 (ranked 10)
Oklahoma co-OC - 2012 (ranked 16)
Oklahoma co-OC - 2013 (ranked 42)
Oklahoma co-OC - 2014 (ranked 20) - fired
Utah State OC - 2015 (ranked 64th)
Mizzou OC - 2016 (ranked 48th)
Mizzou OC - 2017 (ranked 14th)
UCF HC - 2018 (ranked 6th)
UCF HC - 2019 (ranked 5th)
UCF HC - 2020 (ranked 8th)

Riddle me this: everyone being leaked has a connection to Danny White. Sonny Dykes works with his sister, Tony Elliott was the runner-up in his previous search, Heupel was his coach until last week. There’s a connecting thread. I’m not sure any of them are/were serious candidates now that I think about it.

Who all did they say for potential staff?
I can't imagine he would put together a staff that can go toe to toe with our rivals. This is really, really underwhelming. I'm really at a loss. I don't have anything against Huepel, and I want to back this but I'm going to need some time, all I can say is he better be cheap, I can't imagine paying him more than 2.5 to 3 m a year.

Reactions: A.J.
Bob Vols just now:
First, I got 100 messages and over a 100 notifications so sorry I’m not going to get to all.
On Heupel, ink isn’t dry but I’m told that is the direction it’s going and I feel confident he will be the next coach. Press conference tomorrow at 3:00pm is tentatively scheduled. That could be fluid.
Heupel is 28-8 and a brilliant offensive mind and QB coach. He will score points. He put up big numbers as Mizzou’s OC. He knows the SEC landscape. He won a Heisman (insert Weinke jokes, i know). His players love him and he is a good recruiter. Considering all the coaches we vetted and didn’t get good returns this is a good hire imo. You all need to understand where we are as a program right now with sanctions coming. This is not an attractive job. We offered big money to some candidates. I trust Danny White until he gives me a reason not to. This is a good hire. We will score points.
I do believe he will bring Lebby but nothing is set in stone. His defensive hires will be extremely important and something to watch. I do believe he will retain Joe Osovet as his WR coach and possibly Jay Graham as his RB coach.
Does Steele stay or does Lebby bring Randy Shannon who has SEC experience?

That makes me feel better because Bob Vols has no idea what tf he is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back