Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand all the talk of Elliott and Dykes. Chadwell should be the floor. At least he has head coaching experience, which in my mind makes him a slightly less risky hire.

Agreed.

Elliott=no experience, could be an abject disaster

Dykes=washed up, failed at Cal, would be a Dooley hire from day one

Chadwell=upward trajectory, built CSU, COTY, made CSU nationally relevant in year 3 as an FBS program

You cannot legitimately tell me that our fanbase is any more negative than other major programs. That perceived negativity is simply passion for our program and any legit P5 potential coach should know that.

Kentucky basketball is having like their 3rd bad season in 20 years, and they’re apoplectic. Imagine if Kentucky basketball had suffered like our football program has during that span? They’d have burned down the state down by now.

Let me break it down for the “fans” are an issue crowd BS:

This administration sent this message to future coaches:

If we want you gone, we will open an internal investigation on you and invite the NCAA in to investigate you too. This will find all skeletons and probably set your career back severely. Also, once we find damning evidence, we will send you off with no buyout. We are willing to accept penalties from the NCAA to save a buyout.

If we had fired Pruitt in November and held an internal investigation only, the NCAA stays clear. Pruitt is fired because of underachieving and coaches understand that.

Now coaches have to watch their back coming here because the first sign of failure and we will find anything and everything to get you gone. You don’t think Pruitt and others on staff aren’t talking to other coaches? This was handled poorly to save a buyout and of course it will deter many coaches away.

Fan BS is crap. UGA and Bama have the worst fans. Do you think Bama will have a problem hiring anyone after Saban? Did UGA have trouble finding anyone when they let Richt go? Nope.

I don't think @Neyland Rising is gaining any ground. Twelve minutes ago, he was still 615 pages behind. He liked my post from 3:07 PM on Saturday.
Im just imagining his defeat when he is within 50 pages and we announce a hire and he is suddenly 250 pages behind.
I dont know who @Neyland Rising is but if he has any eligibility left sign him up. He doesnt quit!

I'm going to put this out there, and I believe this to be true.

I think with how social media works, between Twitter and message boards some media use this to "find" information. Take a guy like Ryan Callahan, he's a known reporter for a major website. Verified on Twitter and writes for a living, if Franklin was indeed truly offered why wouldn't that be a story or released on Twitter? I think some of these media guys float things on forums because people in the know are reading them. And you may get a call or text that says "We only offered Franklin X" or "What are you smoking, James hasn't been in talks with UT at all!" (from Franklin camp/agent).

It's a smooth way to vet your info without it being "official" like a tweet or story being posted.

Not speaking for anyone else but I’d trade an early 5 star recruit for a coaching staff that outcoaches someone and at least holds serve in that department with our rivals.
yeah....i think at this point, if you can consistently get top 15 talent paired up with a guy that can out maneuver the other sideline, things could be fun around here. we've been so jimmy/joe centered for so long.....anyway.
agreed.

If the fans were making the decision:
1. Freeze
2. Kiffin
3. Campbell

We could get at least one of those. But UT is gonna UT and trot out a Beta.

This is what it's been like for every coaching search since Fulmer. It's not the fan's fault we are where we are, and it's why the fan base is pissed off.

Which tells me the same idiots are still in charge. Franklin shouldn’t have been offered at all and he certainly shouldn’t have been offered that kind of money.

200.gif

I'm going to put this out there, and I believe this to be true.

I think with how social media works, between Twitter and message boards some media use this to "find" information. Take a guy like Ryan Callahan, he's a known reporter for a major website. Verified on Twitter and writes for a living, if Franklin was indeed truly offered why wouldn't that be a story or released on Twitter? I think some of these media guys float things on forums because people in the know are reading them. And you may get a call or text that says "We only offered Franklin X" or "What are you smoking, James hasn't been in talks with UT at all!" (from Franklin camp/agent).

It's a smooth way to vet your info without it being "official" like a tweet or story being posted.

They also have to fill time on their show. So why not re-use message board content and call it "sources".

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back