Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Low on potential coaches
Brain Kelly- No
Jeff Fisher- Guy acting like own agent, probably not
James Franklin- Not 1000% No, But probably not, needs a really compelling reason
PJ Fleck- No
Tony Elliott- Is a candidate, Hottest assistant in college football.
Says we swung at Campbell, Fickell, Franklin at missed at big names.
Sonny Dykes- High on TN list, a niche offensive guy, What he's done at SMU is impressive, Will get looked at hard.
Says our admin needs to go hire the best guy, best fit, forget the fan base

Not buying. We supposedly swung big every past coaching search too The big names that would say yes we refuse to actually swing at. That's the same ole BS. If we were really swinging they'd come so would the others who are 'no's for whatever reason.

This search is gonna once again prove all the effing Haslams care about is making sure they're in charge.

Reactions: JayHud and Tnfan41
Has anyone thought about paying attention to what Chris Lowe said BEFORE we actually fired Pruitt? I said the other day that I think I cracked the code as to who our coach is, and it’s based on what Lowe SAID pertaining to a particular coach, and not what he will say in the future.
Who is it

Reactions: NMVol
Genuine question: IF Danny White wanted to interview Kiffin for the job, how much $ would it take to sway him back to Knoxville? I’ve seen and heard the rumors of Kiffin’s interest. Would Plowman and Boyd sign off on a Kiffin hire?

(Seems crystal clear that Lane is staying put with his social media postings)

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Wouldn’t it be poetic justice...we were the only team that Freeze wants to coach at, but alas we went after white whales. Little did we know that the ocean was so dried up that there wasn’t a fish left in the sea. So now our only option, hand the keys to the man that has patiently waited for us to come calling. Hugh Feeeze!

Brain Kelly- No
James Franklin- Not 1000% No, But probably not, needs a really compelling reason
PJ Fleck- No
Sonny Dykes- High on TN list, a niche offensive guy, What he's done at SMU is impressive, Will get looked at hard.
Gonna cut myself lol

Genuine question: IF Danny White wanted to interview Kiffin for the job, how much $ would it take to sway him back to Knoxville? I’ve seen and heard the rumors of Kiffin’s interest. Would Plowman and Boyd sign off on a Kiffin hire?

(Seems crystal clear that Lane is staying put with his social media postings)
Kiffin wants White to want him but I dont think he has the blessing. Maybe he could go back now and change minds but I'm still doubtful Tennessee actually wants to fix this

Brain Kelly- No
PJ Fleck- No
Yeah, forget the fan base and you'll be begging us to calm down in year 3 when UT is looking at another 4 win season.

All this discussion about what Lowe has said today is nuts. AV only said pay attention to Lowe because he is one of the preferred reporters to break the news. So we’ll hear “Breaking News: Tennessee to hire X as their next football coach” from him, and that will be the first real, verified report.

We’ve seen DW likes to keep things close to the best and buttoned up, so I see no reason not to believe this. Lowe doesn’t know anything he hasn’t gotten out of his personal contacts/friends, but likely nothing from DW. For all we know, he’s friends with Dykes and wants to use this to rebuild some of his friends image.

Lowe will be the one to break the news public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back