Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris low said forget the fanbase lol
Can’t make any money with neyland stadium empty after going 3-9 or 2-10 Low
**** Chris low
I agree with Low. You do have to forget the fan base and hire who they think is the best candidate. If they lose the press conference, but win games the fan base will come around.

Reactions: PA Vol
For real. It would be embarrassing to run a CIA covert level coaching search only to find out we hired another can of cream corn.

Y’all, this isn’t some extended effort to hide a password-level secret from the public. It’s just the base-level confidentiality associated with a professional search firm. They’d never get hired again if some yahoo’s on the Internet blew the lid off their work before they were ready. We’re so used to goofballs in the AD running these things and using the press to float ideas or sway opinions. These are pros, and they don’t do that crap.

Low-
Said he almost guarantees there is someone out there he hasn't heard about that White has spoken with.
He does think we go Coordinator route.
Says Elliott makes the most sense
Matt Campbell wasn't a legitimate candidate
Heard more about Fickell but he is waiting for a B10 job.
Has not heard Napier in connection with this search

Elliot would be bad IMO. But nothing has leaked, gotta stay strong lol

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
Chris Low on potential coaches
Brain Kelly- No
Jeff Fisher- Guy acting like own agent, probably not
James Franklin- Not 1000% No, But probably not, needs a really compelling reason
PJ Fleck- No
Tony Elliott- Is a candidate, Hottest assistant in college football.
Says we swung at Campbell, Fickell, Franklin at missed at big names.
Sonny Dykes- High on TN list, a niche offensive guy, What he's done at SMU is impressive, Will get looked at hard.
Says our admin needs to go hire the best guy, best fit, forget the fan base
Campbell,Fickel and Franklin all declined ?

Reactions: Catbone
AV said listen to Low. Low is making it sound like it's between Elliot and Dykes. @Ron Swanson I'm going to need a huge pick me up and a gallon of that optimism jug you drink from if it's down to those two guys.
He said to listen to him bc that was who we would release it through...... he did not say to pay attention to his guesses on the radio.

My biggest fear in this search has been, coaches thinking this is too big of a fix no matter how much money we throw at them. I hope DW can convince one of these desirable coaches to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back